• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I went to a party and drank absinthe for the first time instead of sitting in front of the computer watching the conferences. I'm glad I did.

Sharp

VonGak! said:
No one can be that dim so I'll take your post as a joke. ^.^
As far a I can tell, you said that the 360, PC, Wii, DS, PSP, Splorgenborg, and PS2's lineups are all "starved" for new games, that we, the owners of these consoles, were therefore comparable to "starving people in Africa," that the PS3's lineup is comparable to a hamburger with some soy, and that by extension PS3 owners are like unto rich, laughing, overweight Americans who can't even get over their good luck. You then said that the first group's making fun of the second when it runs into a bit of bad luck is just as absurd in the first case as in the second. I'm pretty sure non-PS3 owners were compared to starving people somewhere in there but, you know, similes.

Busty

Banned
GDGF said:
I went to a party and drank absinthe for the first time instead of sitting in front of the computer watching the conferences. I'm glad I did.

The real question is, would you still have gone to the party even if you knew that the MEGATON of all MEGATONs would be announced, live, here on GAF?

....believe it or not some people would actually answer 'no' and stayed at home.

satori

Ace combat 6 for ps3? Don't toy with me. I love the ace combat series. And after sending in my xbox three times, I am not particular happy with MS at the moment. I is just so weird not having Ace on the ps console...so weird. Make it happen, please.

Kittonwy

Banned
AniHawk said:
No, he's comparing not preferring a PS3 to starvation.

Starving of Resistance, Ratchet and Drake's Schicksal yes?
Indifferent2.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
OokieSpookie said:
WTF is it with people wanting everyone else to do their work for them?
FFS, just read through or scan one of the millions of sites that have coverage.

Forgive me for not wanting to wade through a 50 page thread with various fanboy ramblings, tears and pre-mature ejaculations. Just cause you seem to have enough time to waste doing that shit doesn't mean the rest of us do as well.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
satori said:
Ace combat 6 for ps3? Don't toy with me. I love the ace combat series. And after sending in my xbox three times, I am not particular happy with MS at the moment. I is just so weird not having Ace on the ps console...so weird. Make it happen, please.

Of course it will happen. Unless MS totally buys out the exclusivity but it's really unlikely. Or else they'll just make some other version for it.

VonGak! said:
Why is Gaf always like this?

The thread is filled with people living high on PS3 not having many announcements at TGS (apart from the new PSN games, Sega games, DS3 controller, WKS game-play, MGS4 demo, mind blowing MGS4 trailer, AC6 on PS3 after all and so on) when their own preferred console brands have had so much less to announce the last couple of months.

It's as absurd as if the starving people in Africa making fun of the Americans because there's more soya than meat in their burgers. ^.^ They are drawn to this thread because they got nothing else to talk about.
WTF? Worst analogy ever.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Im willing to bet it wasnt real Absinthe
Well what is real Absinthe? Today's Absinthe has a lower thujon concentration than the stuff the intellectuals were drinking around the beginning of the 19th century. But apart from that the stuff you can buy today is as good as it gets.

Hill's is OK and I believe you can get it in the US. If you can get your hands on and have some money to spare I can recommend Segarra 45% (obviously from Spain). It isn't as heavy on anise as some of the french or swiss absinthe.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Again sorry to ask but what about that FFVII corner next to the closed SE theater? Any word on whatever disappointing crap they had there?

gkryhewy

Ether_Snake said:
Of course it will happen. Unless MS totally buys out the exclusivity but it's really unlikely. Or else they'll just make some other version for it.

Despite that weird Euro-Atari report a couple weeks back, IGN is reporting from TGS that AC6 is truly 360 exclusive, and that AC7 may come to both consoles:

IGN said:
The recently released demo has been downloaded 900,000 times, says Namco, proving there's certainly some interest on the X360 for a series that previously had been appearing only in Sony's domain. The reason for the Microsoft exclusivity this time around is simply because the Xbox 360 was the first platform of the current generation Project Aces had the opportunity to develop for. Natsuki Isaki, the game's director, pointed out, "there was a three year gap between Ace Combat 4 and Ace Combat 5 which feel may have disappointed some of the fans. wanted to decrease the gap between the last one and this one, so wanted to bring this out as quickly as possible and working on the Xbox allowed [me] to do that." As for the next Ace Combat, whatever it may wind up being called, Isaki-san mentioned it very well could end up on PS3 as well as Xbox 360, though any decisions about Ace Combat's future have yet to be made.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/821/821022p1.html

The reason for the Microsoft exclusivity this time around is simply because the Xbox 360 was the first platform of the current generation Project Aces had the opportunity to develop for.

Bullshit, if it has 'Only on Xbox 360' on the box, there's some kind of contract involved, and not simple de-facto exclusivity due to the 360's early launch. It might only be some kind of limited-time deal, but something has been put in place and they have gotten some kind of compensation (monetary or otherwise) for it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :)

VonGak!

Banned
Sharp said:
As far a I can tell, you said that the 360, PC, Wii, DS, PSP, Splorgenborg, and PS2's lineups are all "starved" for new games, that we, the owners of these consoles, were therefore comparable to "starving people in Africa," that the PS3's lineup is comparable to a hamburger with some soy, and that by extension PS3 owners are like unto rich, laughing, overweight Americans who can't even get over their good luck. You then said that the first group's making fun of the second when it runs into a bit of bad luck is just as absurd in the first case as in the second. I'm pretty sure non-PS3 owners were compared to starving people somewhere in there but, you know, similes.

So you are actually serious. ^.^

I do find it funny that some people actually consider burgers as a food group when it clearly lack the a nutrition human body need, it's a different way of starving the body.

I'll try to elaborate a bit more on my point in the previous post:
Ok so the American is too fat for his own good but he's satisfied with the knowledge that he at least isn't a starving African.

And the starving African is happy that he isn't an obese American (obviously they don't, but not so smart people will see them self as geniuses by pointing this out while utterly missing the real point).

My bafflement is over this silly console war mentality where people actually rejoice over someone else getting served meritocracy and that it's enough for them to forget about their own situation.

And it becomes even worse when they on purpose neglect all the good news for the other person to make an illusion of their own situation actually being good (the perfect example is xBox owners rejoicing over the PS3 not doing too well in Japan).

P.s. starving doesn't mean that you get nothing and please do keep in mind that we are talking about announcements and not game libraries. :)

GDGF said:

On a week day. :O

Oh well I'm not your mother, hey do you know the original purpose of French absinthe?

VonGak!

Banned
Duck said:
Um, I haven't seen jack squat about that. Could you share your info with us?
Aww, there isn't? :( That's sad because I really loved the series and remember how many of those who hype the 360 version back in the days rediculed the series (dunno what has been improved since then).

VonGak! said:
So you are actually serious. ^.^

I do find it funny that some people actually consider burgers as a food group when it clearly lack the a nutrition human body need, it's a different way of starving the body.

I'll try to elaborate a bit more on my point in the previous post:
Ok so the American is too fat for his own good but he's satisfied with the knowledge that he at least isn't a starving African.

And the starving African is happy that he isn't an obese American (obviously they don't, but not so smart people will see them self as geniuses by pointing this out while utterly missing the real point).

My bafflement is over this silly console war mentality where people actually rejoice over someone else getting served meritocracy and that it's enough for them to forget about their own situation.

And it becomes even worse when they on purpose neglect all the good news for the other person to make an illusion of their own situation actually being good (the perfect example is xBox owners rejoicing over the PS3 not doing too well in Japan).

P.s. starving doesn't mean that you get nothing and please do keep in mind that we are talking about announcements and not game libraries. :)

On a week day. :O

Oh well I'm not your mother, hey do you know the original purpose of French absinthe?
Burgers have fat, proteins and carbs. They may lack vitamins but you wouldn't be starving your body with burgers. If you are referring to "Super Size Me" bear in mind that he was only eating stuff from Mc Donald's, including french fries (too much fat) and soft drinks. And he wasn't doing any sports, of course eating more calories than your body consumes leads to obesity and illness.

Your analogy still sucks.

Absinthe is orginally from Switzerland. It's original purpose was as a healing elixir. Vermouth is a very traditional medicinal herb.

spwolf said:
i dont get it - why should Sony advertise games that wont be out for a while? They are focusing on next 6 months, they have shit loads of games coming out before holidays as well.

Because they get a bump on Amazon when that happens. Ask Phoenix Down.

VonGak!

Banned
Phife Dawg said:
Burgers have fat, proteins and carbs. They may lack vitamins but you wouldn't be starving your body with burgers. If you are referring to "Super Size Me" bear in mind that he was only eating stuff from Mc Donald's, including french fries (too much fat) and soft drinks. And he wasn't doing any sports, of course eating more calories than your body consumes leads to obesity and illness.

Absinthe is orginally from Switzerland. It's original purpose was as a healing elixir. Vermouth is a very traditional medicinal herb.

Actually I never bothered to watch super size me because I found the whole concept to ridiculous (I sense that you share this thought) and the outcome as predictable as the conclusion of a Michael Moore documentary (fun to watch though).

I meant more in the direction of vitamins and balance, it should not become a habit.

Only if you on purpose utterly miss out on the now rather obvious point.

Oh and good ol' Wiki, no Absinthe had the purpose of making French soldiers fearless before going to war.

VonGak! said:
Actually I never bothered to watch super size me because I found the whole concept to ridiculous (I sense that you share this thought) and the outcome as predictable as the conclusion of a Michael Moore documentary (fun to watch though).

I meant more in the direction of vitamins and balance, it should not become a habit.

Only if you on purpose utterly miss out on the now rather obvious point.

Oh and good ol' Wiki, no Absinthe had the purpose of making French soldiers fearless before going to war.
I see we're on the same line in regards to burgers, it contains the essentials - it doesn't make for a healthy living-style though.

I leave the analogy, not much to argue there. You could've easily used any other.

Wiki is the source of all truth now? Absinthe orginated from Switzerland and it's original purpose wasn't to make french soldiers fearless. It may have been used for that purpose later on but alcohol was used for that before and after absinthe.

Actually after checking wiki:

Wiki said:
Absinthe originated in Switzerland as an elixir/tincture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom