• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talamius

English narration seems a bit bogus but I'll wait for confirmation from reputable sites. SE not showing FF13 at all would be more than a little stunning.

Busty

Banned
Pureauthor said:
A 'what went wrong' in TGS, sure, but a 'what went wrong' in Sony's keynote, well, I think that's fair game at this point.

That's true. Like I said before, if Sony are effectively done announcing new titles outside of their keynote then I would be stunned.

Getting the public hands on with titles like MGS4 is all well and good, but they need to carry on that momentum beyond next year with some more 08 and beyond announcements.

gcubed

Busty said:
That's true. Like I said before, if Sony are effectively done announcing new titles outside of their keynote then I would be stunned.

Getting the public hands on with titles like MGS4 is all well and good, but they need to carry on that momentum beyond next year with some more 08 and beyond announcements.

i agree... if all of Sony's announcements were in that keynote, then i am left speechless.

and what happened to showing 2.0 firmware features?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
English narration seems a bit bogus but I'll wait for confirmation from reputable sites. SE not showing FF13 at all would be more than a little stunning.

Read the GAF & TGS thread.
A member there says it had English voice over and comments on how it sounded kinda funny.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
dallow_bg said:
What is so dumb is that the show has just begun. It's 4 days long you know?
There aren't anymore Keynotes planned for Sony or Microsoft for the rest of the show and each company has pretty much demonstrated and talked about what they want the public to see and hear. The Sony keynote was pretty much it.

I guess something else could slip in an interview with a Sony exec in the days to follow but I wouldn't hold your breathe. There isn't any chance at all that Sony would withhold vital information that would directly affect their division's performance for a random interview on day 3.

It's over. Let the games speak for themselves.

Lo-Volt

I knew better than to expect a price drop out of them right now, but I honestly ache for one because I would really like a PS3 this year. If all else fails, I'll find a way to get one if only because the 360's hardware failures have frustrated me too much to ignore last year. But I really think they need one now to at least keep their base growth above water, since it's crazy to think they could really compete with the 360 this season in America no matter what. Gamers and holiday shoppers alike have good reason to balk at this pricing scheme.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Thread summary:

PS3 owners-Hopeful that big new announcements would take place at TGS 08

Non PS3 owners-Hopeful that no big announcements would take place at TGS 08, but would hypocritically accuse PS3 owners of being blissfully ignorant

Talamius said:
Sigh, pile on the junior. Ok, I'm game.

-Home delayed until some point in '08.

-Rumble controller in winter '07 for Japan, '08 for everyone else. The 5% of gamers who import (and 5% is probably way too high) are not going to make this a smash before '08.

-MGS4 is an '08 title. That means assuming a January 1 release (lol) you are at least looking at just over 3 months, completely missing the '07 holiday season.

-No price drop announced. This alone is the white flag. By doing nothing Sony is saying to the market "We are screwed, we know it, here's Uncharted and R&C and maybe GT5:p kthxbye".

If you examine all this on a worldwide level Sony has sent PS3 to die against Wii60, which between the two has multiple AAA-caliber games and lower price points all around. In Japan PS3 is sent to die against Nintendomination alone. We haven't even gotten into the MIA FF13. By the time '08 rolls around the hole it will need to dig out of will be grand canyon sized.

So what exactly was so wrong and stupid about my statement?

- Home
- 5% of gamers
- White Flag
- kkthxbye
- send to die
- Wii60
- multiple AAA-caliber games
- Nintendomination
- MIA FF13
- grand canyon

EDIT: I'll be kind..

I came into this thread expecting people to be happy about the TONS of NEW MEDIA being released at TGS. I find a bunch of people arguing about console warzs. The PS3 is in it for the Long run geez.

beat

hotsauceiswack said:
I came into this thread expecting people to be happy about the TONS of NEW MEDIA being released at TGS. I find a bunch of people arguing about console warzs. The PS3 is in it for the Long run geez.
The thread was about the keynote (and megaton anticipation), not all of TGS.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
J-Rzez said:
Well, "PS3 Only", that ends that... But another game stole the show... Ooooh, I hope it's SO4 :D

Thank god, I was starting to feel bad about purchasing a PS3 when the 80GB came out. There were two things that might have made me feel a little sheepish. The first would be a price drop (although they desperately need it) in under 2 months and the second would be FFXIII going to the 360 also.

Busty

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
There aren't anymore Keynotes planned for Sony or Microsoft for the rest of the show and each company has pretty much demonstrated and talked about what they want the public to see and hear. The Sony keynote was pretty much it.

I guess something else could slip in an interview with a Sony exec in the days to follow but I wouldn't hold your breathe. There isn't any chance at all that Sony would withhold vital information that would directly affect their division's performance for a random interview on day 3.

It's over. Let the games speak for themselves.

Yikes! Is that it? If all Sony chose to announce was rumble, the delay of HOME and some
Fruity? Dresses and flowers, WTF !!!!
PSN titles then that really is a very mean offering.

Yes, it's great that people are able to get some face time with MGS4 and the like, but people had huge expectations (never mind all that FF VII F.U.D.) for new titles. Personally I'm stunned that TGS has passed without any talk of the new Star Ocean game or (of more interest to me) Quantic Dream's PS3 title.

In an interview with one of the QD developers he hinted that TGS would be the place the see their title.

It strikes me that the majority of the 'AAA' titles being offered (for the PS3) to the public are the ones that were shown or announced in some form last year.

For a company that clearly has no intention of lowering the price of it's console in the US and Europe until next March/April at the earliest they are taking a very cavalier attitude towards what they are showing.

We know that Sony have some cards to play, the question is, why are they holding them so close to their chest?

SOLDIER

What's tommorow? Has all the TGS news been unveiled yet, or is there an embargo? Details, please, I'm still hoping for some surprises.

ari

Banned
SOLDIER said:
What's tommorow? Has all the TGS news been unveiled yet, or is there an embargo? Details, please, I'm still hoping for some surprises.
well, if their more announcements to come, i'll wait to see what will be announced. But so far ms looks better then most.

Chittagong

Gold Member
For f***s sake, 50 pages and no summary in the first post.

Can some one fill me in, what was the Wednesdayton and what was the BOMBA

K THX BY

besada

Banned
Busty said:
We know that Sony have some cards to play, the question is, why are they holding them so close to their chest?

This is my problem. We know the games are out there, we know announcements are coming, so what's the problem? Open your cupboard and give us something to long for. Better yet, release one of the games we've been longing for already. I can't stand that there's been no release date for Afrika. We've been seeing that game since before launch.

Busty

Banned
ari said:
well, if their more announcements to come, i'll wait to see what will be announced. But so far MS looks better than most.

I assume by most you mean the Tapwave Zodiac, the Gizmondo and the 3DO.

SantaC

Chittagong said:
For f***s sake, 50 pages and no summary in the first post.

Can some one fill me in, what was the Wednesdayton and what was the BOMBA

K THX BY

Raist said:
Quickly read the thread (too huge) but from what I understand :

- home delayed till mid 2008

- shockaxis = sixaxis + old PS2 rumble AND not released until mid 2008

- no new games announced

- no price drop ?

Is that it ?

wtf srsly :|

spwolf

Busty said:

i dont get it - why should Sony advertise games that wont be out for a while? They are focusing on next 6 months, they have shit loads of games coming out before holidays as well.

they have so many games coming out that some of them will simply be crushed by the numbers.

and people want more games? I dont get it...

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
spwolf said:
i dont get it - why should Sony advertise games that wont be out for a while? They are focusing on next 6 months, they have shit loads of games coming out before holidays as well.

they have so many games coming out that some of them will simply be crushed by the numbers.

and people want more games? I dont get it...

People want more games just to fend off haters.

really when i look at the PS3 list i see a good bit of whats out/comming out on the 360. so i'm at the point where it's fine...i just need incentives to get PS3 versions.

The DualShock3 sure woulda been a good start.

gofreak said:
edit - Particle, do you have a link to the DS3 comment? I'd like to read something that indicates SOMETHING about what tech it's using.

I'll be honest, I don't. I got the quote from another website that got it here. I'll assume from the the writing its from IGN so I'll look and see if I can find it there.

My best guess is that it has like 2 strips of metal on each side and they like grind together to produce the rumble effect. The harder they grind the bigger the rumble. I wanna go ahead and say its kind of like the way a earthquake works but all my knowledge on them comes from school(my school wasn't that great).

ari said:
i must have said something funny? the xbox 360 announcements fucking kills what was announced on other systems, but im sure your gonna say otherwise.

I don't know. What exactly has been announced at the TGS for the 360? If I read through the headlines of some banned site, all I see is Sony, Playstation and 3, oh and one article about announced XBLA games (I am overreacting of course).
http://******.com/gaming/tgs07/so-far-301752.php

leesmapman said:
I don't know. What exactly has been announced at the TGS for the 360?

Very little. Rez. Ikaruga. MS publishing NG2. Two old lastgen games and an exclusivity deal.

That's why it's amazing that Sony has managed to announce less, gamewise.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
OokieSpookie said:
The only white flag will be your whitey tidies around your ankles as the power of Sony bends you over and you are brought to tears of joy as you are made pure by the throbbing might thrusting into your very soul.
Worst post ever - and on this forum, that's saying something.

Talamius

dallow_bg said:
Read the GAF & TGS thread.
A member there says it had English voice over and comments on how it sounded kinda funny.

I'll check it out. I can't understand why SE would bother with English narration for a Japanese audience. I know alot of Japanese people can read/speak/understand English but it seems like a strange choice. It is less to translate I suppose :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom