• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Fake Famitsu News, 12/14 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget...

6ydxapj.jpg

819j5mo.jpg

7y4djsj.jpg

I hope this is true since I still want a black one to match everything else. Having a different colored nunchuck+wiimote combo for players 1-4 would be nice too. Now, Wii color pricing and Star Ocean 4 info seem more than a bit wonky though.

phez

Banned
New Wii colors launching packin with Smash Brothers on 1/24.
* Price: \35000
* Red, Diamond Black, Mint Blue, Snow Pink, Famicom colors (limited edition set)
* Packed with twoo remotes, two nunchucks.

holy fucking shit. its the end of the world as we know it.

peetfeet

any pics of these new colours? I'm guessing they've changed shades since E3?

edit: those pics above took a while to load, didn't see them. I want new pics!

I damn well hope remotes and nunchucks will be available seperately, this is why i've been holding off buying more white remotes.

JeremyR

If SO4 is really on the Xbox 360, then breaking it up into 3 chapters could be a way to get around having to release it on 4-6 dvds. Maybe 1-2 per chapter instead.

I doubt they would waste their resources doing a next gen remake, more likely it's tied-in somehow (which is why they did the PSP remakes, so people know what the stories of the first two are)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
JeremyR said:
If SO4 is really on the Xbox 360, then breaking it up into 3 chapters could be a way to get around having to release it on 4-6 dvds. Maybe 1-2 per chapter instead.
lolololololol

yeah that MUST be the reason!

ethelred

Honestly, I'm starting to think this news might be bogus. I think people should wait a few hours for the normal time before getting worked up,

... though if true, it's a pretty dull issue for me as the SO4 stuff is still utterly nonsensical and I really don't give a shit about new console colors.

Error said:
lolololololol

yeah that MUST be the reason!

It's nice that trance didn't lose his sense of humor in his long absence.

Aeana

ethelred said:
Honestly, I'm starting to think this news might be bogus. I think people should wait a few hours for the normal time before getting worked up,

... though if true, it's a pretty dull issue for me as the SO4 stuff is still utterly nonsensical and I really don't give a shit about new console colors.

Ys Origin PSP!

icecream

Public Health Threat
The SO4 news doesn't make sense. There's already a PSP remake of First Departure, plus the release date suggests 2008? Plus its been stated that the game is a prequel to the series, so if anything, it needs to go before First Departure. I call fake.

I really feel strange at Mario Kart release date...

if Nintendo release 2 big hits in the first 2 months of the year, what they will release in April before the Golden Week, or in summer ? (i just consider AC Wii will be their big hit for winter 2008)

IIRC Mario Kart was planned for a spring release

i think it's better to wait another couple of hours....

·feist· said:
Never forget...

6ydxapj.jpg

819j5mo.jpg

7y4djsj.jpg

I hope this is true since I still want a black one to match everything else. Having a different colored nunchuck+wiimote combo for players 1-4 would be nice too. Now, Wii color pricing and Star Ocean 4 info seem more than a bit wonky though.
After this info, mine doesn't feel special anymore. =(

msgsensen1.jpg

rbwiimote9.JPG

I do want the famicom one though. That'll be like the 4th Wii in my house if I do manage to grab one. :lol

[Nintex]

Moor-Angol said:
I really feel strange at Mario Kart release date...

if Nintendo release 2 big hits in the first 2 months of the year, what they will release in April before the Golden Week, or in summer ? (i just consider AC Wii will be their big hit for winter 2008)

IIRC Mario Kart was planned for a spring release

i think it's better to wait another couple of hours....
Nintendo has kept alot under wraps there's still Animal Crossing, WiiMusic, Disaster, Mario Baseball, Kirby's Adventure and alot of stuff we haven't seen.

The Ice Blue and Black Wii colors look really nice still.

Eventhough I won't have the system those colors, I'll settle for a Blue and Black Wiimote. Every other peasant will use White. Bwwhahaha!

I really hope that the animals in Mario Kart turns out to be fake. That would suck. Bring back double carts (double cart multiplayer?)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
icecream said:
The SO4 news doesn't make sense. There's already a PSP remake of First Departure, plus the release date suggests 2008? Plus its been stated that the game is a prequel to the series, so if anything, it needs to go before First Departure. I call fake.
the OP mentions the article has the SO4 logo tho.

I guess it's a big Star Ocean article, covering the whole series and of course the new games (SO1 and SO2 PSP + SO4)

vertopci

If SO4 ends up being a remake, SE can go fuck themselves. SO is the only decent series they have left

Error said:

I guess it's a big Star Ocean article, covering the whole series and of course the new games (SO1 and SO2 PSP + SO4)

Oh. :lol

hteng

Banned
Troidal said:
First Departure is the subtitle to the PSP SO1 remake. Why is it on SO4? I call fake on this one.

exactly, someone must'd mistaken when reading the page, but i do not doubt it's gonna be multiplat which kinda sucks imo, i guess i'll get a 360 soon :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is the new Star Ocean like a Re-vision trilogy or something like that? Anyways, I'm glad it is multiplatform and sold on it. Tri-Ace is really the only games Square-Enix publishes that I look forward to these days.

pswii60

Seems a bit odd, but I don't know why someone would make up all the stuff quoted in the OP. Oh, wait, this is the Internets.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Error said:

That would make more sense, except the way that site states it is misinforming. We'll just have to see in a few hours.

Dali said:
What genre game is this? Dating sim based on the anime?
ADV, but not dating sim. Plus it has a couple other mini things too.

WTF? I thought MK was supposed to be 12 players? Not sure how the animals are gonna work though... I mean, if you're supposed to be using that Wii Wheel, then why are you using a wheel to control an animal?

gimz

Nuclear Muffin said:
WTF? I thought MK was supposed to be 12 players? Not sure how the animals are gonna work though... I mean, if you're supposed to be using that Wii Wheel, then why are you using a wheel to control an animal?

think Wiiplay riding horse mini game :lol

Cedille

ethelred said:
Honestly, I'm starting to think this news might be bogus. I think people should wait a few hours for the normal time before getting worked up.

Agreed. While Syobonta is sorta credible, he just copied and pasted ◆gT2Bp47ZUo's post who otherwise had never leaked any news. Plus, the 2ch threads members pretty much think of this as a fake and giggle at n4g bringing up this as a fact.

cvxfreak

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo would launch all those colors at once.

Nintendo's traditionally spaced out the launches of different colored systems over several weeks. They did it with the DS and DS Lite. Likewise, I'd expect Nintendo to launch a new color with Mario Kart if it's out so soon after Smash Bros.

If the color news is actually true, then I would assume the Famicom one would go in a different week than the others, and that the solid colors go in the same week while the brighter ones go in another.

Basch

Opus Angelorum said:
I'm not familiar with Star Ocean as a franchise, is this unexpected?

Yes and no. Yes, because not one Star Ocean game has been released on a non-Sony system since the first (that one being for the SNES). No, if Square Enix thinks it can port the engine from PS3 to 360 or vice versa. If they do not try to specialize on any one particular console's strengths, it is possible. If I remember right, there is a huge fan base for Star Ocean games in America. So there are some motives. But if you asked me, I think the rumor is false. I'm placing my bets on PS3 exclusive, what with Infinite Undiscovery being 360's exclusive. :D

Basch

Lightning said:
When does the official thread normally come up?

If Mandoric would be so kind, she will probably just edit the first post and maybe link to the responses that appear after all of this rumor business has been solved. :D Oh yeah, I should probably state that if you're not one to stay up late I suggest waiting until tomorrow. Wasn't it around 11 or 12 at night when last weeks was posted? Well, Central time anyway. Then again, maybe I was just late on the party. :lol

Firestorm

I don't really see this as being true. And wasn't Mario Kart Wii supposed to support 12 or 16 characters or something? I remember it being in the tens.

Tristam

Man, fuck. 4554 for Kiki Kai World? I mean I know it's Famitsu scores...but that's the damn point. When was the last time a game scored that low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom