• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu News Thread (scans = bye bye account)

soul

Dissidia at 50% from my understanding, but my Japanese isn't all that good. Oh, and Nomura said there's a date set and they'll reveal it soon.

soul

so I just read the interview about Dissidia:

- Max character level is 100.
- Each character has a unique skill.
- During the battle you'll be able to pick up treasure chests.
- Nomura said there won't be more than 20 characters, but stated there might be suprises so I'm guessing there will be secret characters to unlock.
- Gil and AP will make an appearance, however their use is a secret for now.
- Game is 50% complete, they are done with the characters.

There's also an interview with him about DKE3713, I might read it when I have time.

soul said:
so I just read the interview about Dissidia:

- Max character level is 100.
- Each character has a unique skill.
- During the battle you'll be able to pick up treasure chests.
- Nomura said there won't be more than 20 characters, but stated there might be suprises so I'm guessing there will be secret characters to unlock.
- Gil and AP will make an appearance, however their use is a secret for now.
- Game is 50% complete, they are done with the characters.

There's also an interview with him about DKE3713, I might read it when I have time.

can you give some info on the versus stuff?

Zanasea

nelsonroyale said:
can you give some info on the versus stuff?
I don't think there is anything new about Versus. Nomura says Versus staff is helping FFXIII staff because releasing the latter is their priority.

Zanasea said:
I don't think there is anything new about Versus. Nomura says Versus staff is helping FFXIII staff because releasing the latter is their priority.

thanks,

Not surprising really, two big ffs simultaneously, seems a little too ambitious...though SE really needs to get their act together...ffxiii better be nothing short of incredible and really raise the bar for the genre

Zanasea

nelsonroyale said:
thanks,

Not surprising really, two big ffs simultaneously, seems a little too ambitious...though SE really needs to get their act together...ffxiii better be nothing short of incredible and really raise the bar for the genre
Well, they sure will, this is Final Fantasy after all!

Famitsu also reveals Dissidia voice actors:

Warrior of Light: Toshihiko Seki
Frionel: Hikaru Midorikawa
Squall: Hideo Ishikawa
Zidane: Romi Paku
Tidus: Masakazu Morita
Garland: Kenji Utsumi
Paramekia Emperor: Kenyû Horiuchi
Ultimecia: Atsuko Tanaka
Kuja: Akira Ishida
Jecht: Masuo Amada

Rpgmonkey

I assume "no more than 20" means we won't be seeing every game from I-XII(I) featured in this?

At least not in the "hero and their enemy" form they seem to be using for each.

Kinda disappointing.

I hope IV, V, and VI make it in if this happens.

jiggle

IIRC, they said that the game only covers 10 FFs. So the 20 roster list makes sense. Was hoping they'd increased that number since they last said it though :/. I guess that's what the sequel is for...

Zanasea said:
Well, they sure will, this is Final Fantasy after all!

Famitsu also reveals Dissidia voice actors:

Warrior of Light: Toshihiko Seki
Frionel: Hikaru Midorikawa
Squall: Hideo Ishikawa
Zidane: Romi Paku
Tidus: Masakazu Morita
Garland: Kenji Utsumi
Paramekia Emperor: Kenyû Horiuchi
Ultimecia: Atsuko Tanaka
Kuja: Akira Ishida
Jecht: Masuo Amada

I know, but this is the one game that gets me most hyped...its been too long!

soul

duckroll translated the Nomura interview (thanks!):

- DK is a private show so for the general public that wants to see and play the games, please wait for TGS in October.

- It will use the same format as previous S-E events, with closed theatre as well as playable booths outside.

- BBS will be playable for the first time at the event.

- Dispite the news that S-E was going to scale back from Mobile development, it appears that KH Coded, 3rd Birthday and Agito XIII will still be going ahead.

- Agito XIII seems to be facing serious development issues at the moment. There is a huge worldview and historical timeline, etc.

- The director of AgitoXIII is doing the outline of the entire story synopsis himself now, development is still in early stages.

- Versus is on hold until FFXIII is done, because the entire Versus team is helping finish FFXIII at the moment. It is number one priority.

- While the planners and programmers are all working on FFXIII, the Versus project is getting the designers to work on a lot of image illustrations and conceptual visuals. The story for Versus is also pretty much complete.

- KH DS is being tuned and balanced, but it is not quite as polished as Dissidia yet. They'll be taking feedback from the playable.

- KH PSP is not anywhere close to a final build, but he wanted to let people get a chance to try it out first.

- Advent Children Complete might finally be close to getting a release date. Lolz.

Tain

Like I needed more of a reason for a second 360.

sp0rsk said:
Except its another game that should be a fucking XBLA title.

guilebison.gif

Why should Raiden IV be an XBLA title and not, say, VF5?

It's a new arcade game. It isn't Ketsui or Daioujou or Raiden Fighters, all of which are six to twelve years old.

Unless you're saying it should be an XBLA game because it's a shooter, which would be the wrongest thing ever.

KZObsessed

- Versus is on hold until FFXIII is done, because the entire Versus team is helping finish FFXIII at the moment. It is number one priority.

oh shi-- :D This means they're really gearing up to get FFXIII finished and they're not "Crisis Core-ing" it.

duckroll

FFObsessed said:
oh shi-- :D This means they're really gearing up to get FFXIII finished and they're not "Crisis Core-ing" it.

They're not what? I'm not sure what you mean. The Versus team is helping out to finish FFXIII because both are PS3 games and they would both benefit from having one game on the engine finished and out of the door first.

KZObsessed

duckroll said:
They're not what? I'm not sure what you mean. The Versus team is helping out to finish FFXIII because both are PS3 games and they would both benefit from having one game on the engine finished and out of the door first.

People said that with Crisis Core, Square only had a small team on it for a while, and only vamped up development when PSP's install base was high enough. There was no evidence for this, apart from the fact it took 3 years to come out but it was what people assumed would happen to FFXIII as well.

Now they've moved all the FFvXIII planners and programmers onto FFXIII, clearly they're going to try and get FFXIII out as fast as they can rather than "waiting around for a bigger install base" as some people have speculated. Which is great news.

And yep it should help make Versus XIII development easier on the programmers too, tho it will probably mean Versus wont come out for quite a while after FFXIII, it's good we'll get FFXIII earlier than we would have. Still gonna be 09/10 tho :lol

jarrod

Banned
Uh... won't FFXIII still come out around the same point in it's platform's lifecycle that Crisis Core did though? :lol

its going to be fall 09 for FFXIII which is what many people expected anyway. nice to know that they are finally putting there full effort behind it.

it looks like their release will go Dissidia, KH DS, KH BBS, FFXIII, DQIX?, FFvsXIII.

dont care about the mobile games since we will never get to play them

jarrod

Banned
BBS sound really early still though... and I seriously doubt DQXI after FFXIII?!

Personally, I expect something like...

DQV: July 2008
Dissidia: fall 2008
DQVI: Dec 2008
KH 358/2d: winter 2008/2009
DQIX: spring/summer 2009
KH BBS: summer/fall 2009
FFXIII: fall/winter 2009

FFvsXIII: lolz
FFCCCB: lolzx2

xero273

Riskbreaker23 said:
its going to be fall 09 for FFXIII which is what many people expected anyway. nice to know that they are finally putting there full effort behind it.

it looks like their release will go Dissidia, KH DS, KH BBS, FFXIII, DQIX?, FFvsXIII.

dont care about the mobile games since we will never get to play them

Shouldn't KH DS be after BBS? I remember there was an interview where it was stated that KH DS would come out last even thought development was started first.

batbeg

xero273 said:
Shouldn't KH DS be after BBS? I remember there was an interview where it was stated that KH DS would come out last even thought development was started first.

You have that backwards, BBS is last even though it was started first.

jarrod said:

IT'S LIKE YOU HAVE A KNIFE IN MY GUT AND ARE TWISTING IT WITH EVERY WORD!! ;.;

Dascu

jarrod said:
BBS sound really early still though... and I seriously doubt DQXI after FFXIII?!

Personally, I expect something like...

DQV: July 2008
Dissidia: fall 2008
DQVI: Dec 2008
KH 358/2d: winter 2008/2009
DQIX: spring/summer 2009
KH BBS: summer/fall 2009
FFXIII: fall/winter 2009

FFvsXIII: lolz

Could they fit in FFV (and FFVI) DS in there?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
batbeg said:
IT'S LIKE YOU HAVE A KNIFE IN MY GUT AND ARE TWISTING IT WITH EVERY WORD!! ;.;

One of my surprise predictions for E3 is Nintendo showing off FF:CC:CB and a early 09 Japanese release date follows.

I thought the lengthy development of Crisis Core was because the director, or the producer wanted particular team members, who were tied up on KHII. At least I think I remember reading an interview along those lines.

jarrod

Banned
Dascu said:
Could they fit in FFV (and FFVI) DS in there?
Matrix seems kinda busy at the moment... between DQ remakes and Avalon Code, I wouldn't expect anything in terms of FF remakes until late 2009 at the earliest.

I wouldn't rule out a DS version of FFIV the After sooner maybe though, using the already in place DS remake engine and assets...

schuelma said:
One of my surprise predictions for E3 is Nintendo showing off FF:CC:CB and a early 09 Japanese release date follows.
Wouldn't surprise me honestly, though the game's already gone through 2-3 total R&D resets by this point... it may end up like RE4, teased until the near end of the cycle.

Dascu

jarrod said:
Matrix seems kinda busy at the moment... between DQ remakes and Avalon Code, I wouldn't expect anything in terms of FF remakes until late 2009 at the earliest.
FFV is never going to get the remake it deserves. Never. :(

Defuser

soul said:
noooooo,I really want to see Versus in action...

Jonnyram

Rpgmonkey said:
I assume "no more than 20" means we won't be seeing every game from I-XII(I) featured in this?

At least not in the "hero and their enemy" form they seem to be using for each.

Kinda disappointing.

I hope IV, V, and VI make it in if this happens.
Well you can count XI out straight away since there is no clear hero. And I don't think XII is gonna be in it either. You can bank on I-X basically.

Oh and lol at Vaxadrin's avatar. Is that why he got banned or was it the Haze comparison?

soul said:
- It will use the same format as previous S-E events, with closed theatre as well as playable booths outside.

*sigh*

they better have something for the public at E3 and/or TGS.
Goddamn Sony... fucking inspire (pay) SE to show this shit to the public already!

Jonnyram said:
Well you can count XI out straight away since there is no clear hero. And I don't think XII is gonna be in it either. You can bank on I-X basically.

One route they could go is having generic characters based on the FFXI jobs.

Defuser

TheJollyCorner said:
*sigh*

they better have something for the public at E3 and/or TGS.
Why do guys always expect something from Square on E3 events? They rarely show anything other than localizations for America.

Defuser said:
Why do guys always expect something from Square on E3 events? They rarely show anything other than localizations for America.

other than the worldwide unveiling of FFXIII, vsXIII, and Agito? No reason. :D

soul said:

finally got a clue...get one project out the door first...I just hope versus doesnt get cancelled.... It could be awesome

cheers for the trans duckroll

Yaweee

Die Squirrel Die said:
One route they could go is having generic characters based on the FFXI jobs.

Red Mage as a regular character.

Blue Mage as a character that is a slightly changed copy of whoever he is fighting against.

Top Bottom