Microsoft really want to dent the Japanese market.
kevm3 said:This is why I don't 'get' Sony. Didn't they just stay something like, "Uhhh we don't pay for exclusives" and "the market dictates that 3rd parties must go multiplatform," and here they are wrapping up exclusivity to an rpg from FROM software? Seriously? Awesome, let's contradict ourselves and nab an RPG that probably won't find its way outside of Japan while letting our biggest 3rd party exclusives go. I liked King's Field, but there's nothing from FROM software that has interested me lately. AC4 was terrible from what I've played. Should've 'not paid for an exclusive' this time around and gave the money to Squaresoft.
If they can pull off cross play over Wi-Fi successfully, sales +1. Not sure which version I'll be getting though.Namomura said:
There are two people being interviewed. The Sony producer and the From Software director. It's the producer who is a fan of King's Field, so he asked the director when they (From) will be making another RPG.RpgN said:-From Software are huge fans of kings field.
-Sony Approached From Software to make a game for them.
WYWY said:Great summary. Some minor corrections.
There are two people being interviewed. The Sony producer and the From Software director. It's the producer who is a fan of King's Field, so he asked the director when they (From) will be making another RPG.
Some more info:
- They are calling it "strategic action RPG". It's not going to be about the player's reflexes - they say you can't down an enemy by just swinging a weapon at it repeatedly. It will require thinking and strategy.
- They treat it as "the new" King's Field.
- The Sony producer being a fan of King's Field, also had a list of criticisms for it and voiced them. Director is pleased with having different feedback outside of From's walls.
- User created avatar - choose hair, eyes, face, etc.
- As an example of game design, they pointed out that it's ridiculous that you can find treasure chests just sitting around. So now treasures are only found from the remains of fallen adventurers.