• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 1/10/08: Klonoa Wii, Disaster Report 3 etc

Tenbatsu

2r3xqiw.jpg

NEW GAMES

- Destiny Links (DS)
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bec (Credits to fushi)
- Action RPG

- Another Time Another Leaf/Reef (Not sure which) (DS)
Publisher: Arc System Works
Developer: ?

- Klonoa ~door to phantomile~(Wii)
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bandai Namco
- Dec 4th 4800yen
- Remake
- Cell shaded graphics
- Wii remote NES style controls

- Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (Wii)
Publisher: Marvelous
Developer: K2
- Action RPG
- Wifi Multi play

- Disaster Report 3 (PSP)
Publisher: Irem
Developer: Irem
-The game takes place in Central Island.
- Naoki Kosaka and Saki Honjo will have to survive in the city.
- Managing stress is important in the game in order to keep your life bar up.
- 4 players play will be available.

- Diamond and the sound of a gunshot (PSP)
Publisher: Sony
Developer: ???

- 遠隔捜査 (PSP)
Developer: ???

- Undead Knights (PSP)
Publisher: Tecmo
Developer: ?
- Action Horror game
- Fight hordes of zombies
- 4 Players play will be available.

- Demon’s Souls (PS3)
Publisher: SCEJ
Developer: From Software
- Action RPG

RpgN said:
Yep! Some more info:

-From Software are huge fans of kings field.
-Sony Approached From Software to make a game for them.
-The director thinks it was a great timing when sony asked about the game. He was working on Armored Core game and his company was working on an rpg (Probably Enchanted Arms?). It was a while since they worked on a fantasy game (I think more of an action rpg game).
-From Software gets complete freedom to make the game.
-They get also lots of help from Sony when they need to.
-The main character is a From Software like character. They want to have their From Software flavour with the game and characters.
-The game doesn't necessary have to look amazing, they are more aiming for a good game with the right balance.
-You can swap items in realtime? (Not sure about that).
-They want the game to look very rpg like and it has elements to remind you from older rpgs.
-They had of like a trial and error with the balance of the game many times.
-They are not planning on making the game too hard like other action rpg games.

Ps. I took a quick look at the interview and it's by no means a 100% accurate information. Sorry if I made a few mistakes.

WYWY said:
Great summary. Some minor corrections.

There are two people being interviewed. The Sony producer and the From Software director. It's the producer who is a fan of King's Field, so he asked the director when they (From) will be making another RPG.

Some more info:
- They are calling it "strategic action RPG". It's not going to be about the player's reflexes - they say you can't down an enemy by just swinging a weapon at it repeatedly. It will require thinking and strategy.

- They treat it as "the new" King's Field.

- The Sony producer being a fan of King's Field, also had a list of criticisms for it and voiced them. Director is pleased with having different feedback outside of From's walls.

- User created avatar - choose hair, eyes, face, etc.

- As an example of game design, they pointed out that it's ridiculous that you can find treasure chests just sitting around. So now treasures are only found from the remains of fallen adventurers.

- Metal Gear Online: Meme Expansion (PS3)
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Kojima Studio
- New Characters: Mei Ling + Revolver Ocelot
- New Stages: Silo Sunset + Forest Firefight + Winter Warehouse

- Spelunker HD (PS3)
Developer: Irem
- Remake
- Download via PSN

CROSS REVIEW

Wii
Stars Wars 8 8 7 6

DS
Snoopy 7 6 6 5

PSP
Macross Ace Frontier 8 9 9 7

PS2
Stars Wars 7 8 6 6

Others
- Star Ocean 4
Error said:
SO4 scans reveals the 2 character from the trailer. token loli girl and the green haired dude.

some battle system info, too.

- Monster Hunter 3 Tri set to release in 2009

- DQ9 March release!!
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1218488_1124.html

- Some Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) and Dynasty Warriors Multi Raid (PSP) scans

- Takara Tomy Secret site
http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/gamesoft/moshimo/

legend166

people are going to go insane over klonoa, aren't they?

I should probably play Klonoa 2 so I can get excited for this one.

AFreak

Banned
Oh shit, a remake for Door to Phantomile...I never got to play the PS1 version. Hell yeah, for once I'm excited for a Wii game. any chance this comes stateside?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i love klonoa and i'm glad to hear that he hasn't been cancelled, but i really fail to see the point of remaking the first game, NOW WITH SOMEWHAT LESS DATED GRAPHICS. a test: buy this and maybe we'll do a new one? fuck that: do a new one and maybe i'll buy this as a warmup

Nose Master

Ugh, why the fuck is Klonoa a remake? I'd be interested in a new game, but a port of a game that still looks fine to this day? Who gives a shit?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
There's a scan of SCEJ's new title... Demon's Soul. It's an action RPG, and the screens look HOT. One screen has the hero underneath this gigantic monster, very SOTC-ish. I wonder if this is Team ICO's new game?

Edit: It's also playable at TGS. Damn, wish I could do this year. :/
Edit 2: Nevermind, it's From Software's title, with SCEJ publishing it seems.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Reno said:
There's a scan of SCEJ's new title... Demon's Soul. It's an action RPG, and the screens look HOT. One screen has the hero underneath this gigantic monster, very SOTC-ish. I wonder if this is Team ICO's new game?

no, apparently it's by from software

from > team ico anyway

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
legend166 said:
people are going to go insane over klonoa, aren't they?

I should probably play Klonoa 2 so I can get excited for this one.
Best believe it! :))))

duckroll

Demon's Soul is by From Software, published by SCEJ. It's one of the 9 PS3 titles that weren't announced yet from SCEJ. The director is Hidetaka Miyazaki, he directed AC4 and AC4Answer.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yay, now I can play the first Klonoa too! And Disaster Report 3!!! :D

Valhalla Knights... do not want.

OMG SO4 is in it! I need scans/info!!!!!!!!!

Rlan

Klonoa lives!

Though just a remake is a little lame.

I've played through the GBA games recently. They're fantastic.

AniHawk

OH SHIT KLONOA.

I never got a chance to play Door to Phantomile, so this will be fuck awesome. Glad to see Namco hasn't forgotten about it.

AFreak said:
Oh shit, a remake for Door to Phantomile...I never got to play the PS1 version. Hell yeah, for once I'm excited for a Wii game. any chance this comes stateside?

Most of the of the platformers came over. There was a sports game, an ARPG, and a platformer for the Wonderswan that never made it over.

Troidal

Reno said:

Edit: It's also playable at TGS. Damn, wish I could do this year. :/
Edit 2: Nevermind, it's From Software's title, with SCEJ publishing it seems.

Aww...you're not gonna make it this year?

I don't plan on going to TGS itself, but wouldve been nice to see you around town.

what the fuck.. finally a new disaster report and it is for psp ? go fuck yourself in the ass irem

finally a new klonoa.. and it is a remake ? go fuck yourself in the ass namco

finally a new game from sony japan.. and it is an action rpg ? go fuc.. wait it is sony. Sigh.

i hate this generation

i ha te this gene ration

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PolyGone said:
Holy shit @ Klonoa

...been waiting years and years for it! A little late for it's 10 year anniversary, but still...
jj984jj said:
I missed this game unfortunately and it's so rare now. I did buy the second game on PS2 because of my then-scarce library, that was a pretty fantastic game.
Namco better bring it over!!!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Noooooooooooooooo why couldn't Disaster Report 3 be Irem's secret PS3 game?! Ah well, congrats PSP owners.

Top Bottom