• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 1/10/08: Klonoa Wii, Disaster Report 3 etc

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sykoex said:
Noooooooooooooooo why couldn't Disaster Report 3 be Irem's secret PS3 game?! Ah well, congrats PSP owners.

because the secret ps3 game is too busy being a new r type shooter blieve

no not really

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Troidal said:
Aww...you're not gonna make it this year?

I don't plan on going to TGS itself, but wouldve been nice to see you around town.

nah, not in Oct because I am probably rolling into town sometime during christmas.:D

Nikorasu

Tenbatsu said:
- Klonoa ~door to phantomile~(Wii)
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bandai Namco
- Dec 4th 4800yen
- Remake
- Cell shaded graphics
- Wii remote NES style controls

Oh god... OH GOD!

Okay, is it tough to mod a Wii? I may have to import one instead. I must play this as soon as possible.

Klonoa Wii?

KLONOA WII???

billted.jpg

Best news I've heard all day!

Nikorasu said:
Oh god... OH GOD!

Okay, is it tough to mod a Wii? I may have to import one instead. I must play this as soon as possible.

There's a software-based hack which can be used to play imports without mod chips.

I can't understand why people would be disappointed over a Door to Phantomile remake. It was mostly overlooked the first time around and deserves another shot.

farnham

Banned
Nose Master said:
Ugh, why the fuck is Klonoa a remake? I'd be interested in a new game, but a port of a game that still looks fine to this day? Who gives a shit?
people that did not play the original

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SO4 scans reveals the 2 character from the trailer. token loli girl and the green haired dude.

some battle system info, too.

drohne

cartman414 said:
I can't understand why people would be disappointed over a Door to Phantomile remake. It was mostly overlooked the first time around and deserves another shot.

a. it'll be overlooked this time too. wario land bombed how hard? and that was an original game distantly related to mario

b. who cares about giving the first game another shot -- give me another game

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
kassatsu said:
There is a like a 7yr old girl in it...
Lymle! :D

And some guy named Faize too. And are those battle details on the second page?!???? :OOOOOOO Somebody translate them please!!!!! Please!!!!

Jonnyram

So the Irem PS3 game is... Spelunker HD.
And the unannounced Konami title looks like being the new MGO add-on. Meme Expansion.

drohne said:
a. it'll be overlooked this time too. wario land bombed how hard? and that was an original game distantly related to mario

Nintendo failed to properly promote it, for one.

b. who cares about giving the first game another shot -- give me another game

Perhaps this will be a reboot of sorts in terms of Namco working on Klonoa related stuff? Besides, the more people that get a shot at playing it, the better.

What I'd love to see is Production IG on board for the animation a la Wario Land Shake It.

Tenbatsu

Name change for 朧村正妖刀伝→ 朧村正 (Muramasa: The Demon Blade)

kottila

kassatsu said:
monster hunter scans are up

NEW MONSTER LOOKS FUCK AWESOME!

Does it call in other Wyverns?

What are Capcom doing? Haven't they learned that you only release info two weeks before release? All this Famitsu coverage is going to hurt MH3 sales

drohne

cartman414 said:
Nintendo failed to properly promote it, for one.

Perhaps this will be a reboot of sorts in terms of Namco working on Klonoa related stuff? Besides, the more people that get a shot at playing it, the better.

What I'd love to see is Production IG on board for the animation a la Wario Land Shake It.

surely you don't expect a quick and dirty remake that's 99% complete at announcement to have a promotional budget...

if this is namco's way of easing themselves back into the klonoa series, then fine -- but i hope they're not pinning the future of the franchise on the performance of a game that even i as a HARDCORE KLONOA FAN won't be supporting

Tenbatsu

MGO
- New Characters: Mei Ling + Revolver Ocelot
- New Stage: Silo Sunset + Forest Firefight + Winter Warehouse

+

A new psp action game Undead Knights by Tecmo.

Rpgmonkey

So is the "Sight In" and "Sight Out" thing in SO4 kinda like just getting surprise attacks in before they see you and stuff?

And finally, you can jump! :/

AniHawk

drohne said:
surely you don't expect a quick and dirty remake that's 99% complete at announcement to have a promotional budget...

if this is namco's way of easing themselves back into the klonoa series, then fine -- but i hope they're not pinning the future of the franchise on the performance of a game that even i as a HARDCORE KLONOA FAN won't be supporting

Ten bucks says they port over Lunatea's Veil next.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Rpgmonkey said:
So does the "Sight In" and "Sight Out" thing in SO4 just have something to do with getting surprise attacks in before they see you and stuff?

And finally, you can jump! :/
Does it says anything else?

I wonder wth Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is.

Seems interesting . . . to say the least. Need more info.

And I actually like the new Sonic game screens. Need more info on that too.

KevinCow

Banned
Klonoa Wii a remake of the first game? I guess that'll disappoint the people who have played it, but I never got to play it so I'm interested. Hopefully it'll have some extra levels and whatnot to please the people who have already played it.

KevinCow said:
Klonoa Wii a remake of the first game? I guess that'll disappoint the people who have played it, but I never got to play it so I'm interested. Hopefully it'll have some extra levels and whatnot to please the people who have already played it.

Yea, thats what I see. I haven't played the games but I have always been really interested in Klonoa. I simply hope this is their way of tip-toeing back into the series so that they can make a full on new Klonoa game on the Wii (like ToS2 but more "remake" and not a "Spin-off").

Either way, Im looking forward to seeing some direct feeds and seeing what they plan to do with the series after this.

bayoneta looks nice, although I was fooled with DMC4(no fecking mid level saves!)...so Ill be cautious on this

Demon soul looks hot, but not sure about the dev

SO4, nothing interesting, scans too blurry to really tell anything...dont really like the character art here, especially the little icons on screen

MH3, looking very nice considering the platform, good art

Klonoa!

That's almost like making good on their promise of porting the second one. Hell, it's probably better. I never got to play the PSX original. It's pretty rare, and the PS2 rerelease wasn't brought over.

Top Bottom