• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 1/10/08: Klonoa Wii, Disaster Report 3 etc

Just noticed new Spelunker for PS3 added to the first post. Hilarious. Let the whole bottom feeder remakes for PS3 jokes commence!

Rpgmonkey

Error said:
Does it says anything else?

I didn't really notice anything that seems new/major (there's the stuff like the Short and Long range mode thing and side stepping), but some parts of the scan are too small for me and there's a glare, so maybe Duckroll or someone might find something better than I could.

Tenbatsu said:
- Klonoa ~door to phantomile~(Wii)
wat #1 Namco didn't forget Klonoa?

- Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (Wii)
wat #2 K2 was bought by Capcom! Who is developing this?

- Disaster Report 3 (PSP)
no wat here. Irem loves the PSP

- Diamond and the sound of a gunshot (PSP)
wat #3. What the fuck is this, seriously?

- 遠隔捜査 (PSP)
wat #4. Not even a name yet, wtf?

- Undead Knights (PSP)
wat #5. Tecmo on PSP?

- Demon’s Souls (PS3)
ULTRA WAT #6. Sony publishing a From Software game and it looks Colossus-esque?

- Metal Gear Online: Meme Expansion (PS3)
Who cares

- Spelunker HD (PS3)
wat #7. I've lost brain cells by now, what the hell is this and why is Sony publishing an Irem title?

DQ9 March release!!
Well, not quite New Years Eve. Still inside this fiscal year but wow. DQ6?

Delio

Monster hunter is looking really great cant wait to see video of it. Vahalla Knights looks pretty good looking at the scans. Hopefully it's better than it's PSP brothers.

kittel

Tenbatsu said:
Name change for 朧村正妖刀伝→ 朧村正 (Muramasa: The Demon Blade)

isn't 朧村正妖刀伝 that game for wii by vanillaware? what's the japanese title of this new From Software game?

Edit: I found teh sc*** now, nevermind.

GhaleonQ

Seriously, everyone, you need to buy the Klonoa remake. We need as many old or new Klonoa games brought here as possible, especially since a Wii remake failure would probably signal that they'd be done with the series.

web01

Metal Gear Online: Meme Expansion (PS3)
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Kojima Studio
- New Characters: Mei Ling + Revolver Ocelot
- New Stages: Silo Sunset + Forest Firefight + Winter Warehouse

Hell yeah new MGO maps such an awesome game!!

Tenbatsu

Delio said:
Ohhhh Thanks a lot. Looks sweet we should expect more at TGS yes?
TGS Monster Hunter 3 Tri Schedule

Oct 11th 12pm + Oct 12th 11am

Wii Monster Hunter 3 Tri (30 mins)
・Controls reveal
 Demo play
・Introduction of Monsters
・New Promotional Movie

kassatsu

Banned
Tenbatsu said:

・Controls reveal
 Demo play
・New Promotional Movie
Best TGS Ever!

Oh my, Klonoa looks lovely. Couldn't see shit about most of the titles, Sony PSP ones specially.

So unannounced playable titles from Sony for the PSP:
- Resistance Retribution
- Diamond and the sound of a gunshot
- 遠隔捜査-真実への23日間

PS3 ones:
Irem - Spelunker HD
Konami - Metal Gear Online: Meme Expansion
Sony 9:
- Demon's Souls
- Killzone 2
- White Knight Chronicles?
- Derby Time Online?
- 5 more :?

RpgN

kittel said:
It says that Demon's Soul would be playable at TGS!!! ZOMG!

Yep! Some more info:

-From Software are huge fans of kings field.
-Sony Approached From Software to make a game for them.
-The director thinks it was a great timing when sony asked about the game. He was working on Armored Core game and his company was working on an rpg (Probably Enchanted Arms?). It was a while since they worked on a fantasy game (I think more of an action rpg game).
-From Software gets complete freedom to make the game.
-They get also lots of help from Sony when they need to.
-The main character is a From Software like character. They want to have their From Software flavour with the game and characters.
-The game doesn't necessary have to look amazing, they are more aiming for a good game with the right balance.
-You can swap items in realtime? (Not sure about that).
-They want the game to look very rpg like and it has elements to remind you from older rpgs.
-They had of like a trial and error with the balance of the game many times.
-They are not planning on making the game too hard like other action rpg games.

Ps. I took a quick look at the interview and it's by no means a 100% accurate information. Sorry if I made a few mistakes.

RpgN

jiggle said:
real time armor changes maybe...hopefully

I think it's for the weapons only now that I read again.

Oh and From Software also aims for a new experience with the game.

Delio

Tenbatsu said:

・Controls reveal
 Demo play
・New Promotional Movie

Amazingggg TGS will be really epic!

RpgN

SOS The Final Escape 3 looks really interesting on the psp. Undead Knights scan is too blurry to see how the game is, but knowing tecmo it's going to be nice game :D

RpgN said:
Yep! Some more info:

-From Software are huge fans of kings field.
-Sony Approached From Software to make a game for them.
-The director thinks it was a great timing when sony asked about the game. He was working on Armored Core game and his company was working on an rpg (Probably Enchanted Arms?). It was a while since they worked on a fantasy game (I think more of an action rpg game).
-From Software gets complete freedom to make the game.
-They get also lots of help from Sony when they need to.
-The main character is a From Software like character. They want to have their From Software flavour with the game and characters.
-The game doesn't necessary have to look amazing, they are more aiming for a good game with the right balance.
-You can swap items in realtime? (Not sure about that).
-They want the game to look very rpg like and it has elements to remind you from older rpgs.
-They had of like a trial and error with the balance of the game many times.
-They are not planning on making the game too hard like other action rpg games.

Ps. I took a quick look at the interview and it's by no means a 100% accurate information. Sorry if I made a few mistakes.

thats a silly thing to say...most games that are good, generaly look impressive also. The screens in the scans do look good, but maybe they are damage controlling

Klonoa OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMgremake? :|

Have they ran out of ps2 ports already?
joke?

Well I am hyped about that anyway.

So, MGO expansion is the Konami TGS game, Spelunker Irem TGS game and Demon's Soul one of the 9 new titles for PS3

2/3 of the PSP games are 遠隔捜査 (PSP) and Diamond and the sound of a gunshot (PSP)?
Sweet.

WinFonda

nelsonroyale said:
thats a silly thing to say...most games that are good, generaly look impressive also. The screens in the scans do look good, but maybe they are damage controlling
Could be CG.... and yeah, it's a stupid thing to say. SCEJ needs to quality control the shit outta this.

RpgN

nelsonroyale said:

Well they said more like 'My aim for the game isn't to have movies and an amazing graphics, the game like nature (gameplay, balance) is where I want to put progress in. I think what he thinks is, we're not thinking about the graphics only but we want to have a very good gameplay.

RpgN said:
Well they said more like 'My aim for the game isn't to have movies and an amazing graphics, the game like nature (gameplay, balance) is where I want to put progress in. I think what he thinks is, we're not thinking about the graphics only but we want to have a very good gameplay.

that sounds better but best aim for both...good games with mediocre graphics on ps3, as a new IP not sure how that is going to attract people. Still sounds encouraging

Olaeh

Klonoa for Wii. I never thought it would actually happen... Klonoa was on my Wii wishlist along with Goemon. Day one import for Klonoa and domestic too if it gets released.

nelsonroyale said:
that sounds better but best aim for both...good games with mediocre graphics on ps3, as a new IP not sure how that is going to attract people. Still sounds encouraging

it sounds like they're basically saying 'we developed the game with 'it MUST have great gameplay more than anything' in mind, that was our main goal with the game'
which sounds pretty good to me

could someone translate this PSP game? 遠隔捜査 (PSP) and any other info on it? any other info for Disaster Report 3, and Diamond and the sound of a gunshot (PSP)?

Ill Saint

From software are awesome. One of the most interesting developers out there, even if their games aren't to a lot of people's tastes. Very excited about this new game.

RpgN

BlazingDarkness said:
could someone translate this PSP game? 遠隔捜査 (PSP) and any other info on it? any other info for Disaster Report 3, and Diamond and the sound of a gunshot (PSP)?

I haven't seen Diamond and gunshot scans yet. And I'm afraid my time is up. It's college time :( I hope Duckroll will be here soon to save the day :D

Defuser

nelsonroyale said:
MH3, looking very nice considering the platform, good art
MH always have good art if you check all their armor/weapons/monster designs.

Btw what did they say about the new attacks?

Top Bottom