• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 1/10/08: Klonoa Wii, Disaster Report 3 etc

nelsonroyale said:
seems a bit of a baffling decision

money_hat_small.jpg

Microsoft really want to dent the Japanese market.

APZonerunner said:
money_hat_small.jpg

Microsoft really want to dent the Japanese market.

seems like it, though funny sony is n't really going after a lot of these games...complacency? Hopefully, theyve changed their tune and we will see evidence of this at some point. Doesnt really affect me that much though... Im much more interested in WKS and the FFs

from gamekyo

Disaster Report 3 [PSP]
Developer: Irem
The game takes place in Central Island.
Naoki Kosaka and Saki Honjo will have to survive in the city.
Managing stress is important in the game in order to keep your life bar up.
4 players play will be available.

- Undead Knights [PSP]
Publisher: Tecmo
Action Horror game
Fight hordes of zombies
4 Players play will be available.

kevm3

This is why I don't 'get' Sony. Didn't they just stay something like, "Uhhh we don't pay for exclusives" and "the market dictates that 3rd parties must go multiplatform," and here they are wrapping up exclusivity to an rpg from FROM software? Seriously? Awesome, let's contradict ourselves and nab an RPG that probably won't find its way outside of Japan while letting our biggest 3rd party exclusives go. I liked King's Field, but there's nothing from FROM software that has interested me lately. AC4 was terrible from what I've played. Should've 'not paid for an exclusive' this time around and gave the money to Squaresoft.

Amir0x

Banned
I came in for the Klonoa, but a remake? *sigh*

Well hopefully it'll sell enough for a reboot of the franchise, so maybe I'll bite the bullet and get it anyway :(

Elios83

kevm3 said:
This is why I don't 'get' Sony. Didn't they just stay something like, "Uhhh we don't pay for exclusives" and "the market dictates that 3rd parties must go multiplatform," and here they are wrapping up exclusivity to an rpg from FROM software? Seriously? Awesome, let's contradict ourselves and nab an RPG that probably won't find its way outside of Japan while letting our biggest 3rd party exclusives go. I liked King's Field, but there's nothing from FROM software that has interested me lately. AC4 was terrible from what I've played. Should've 'not paid for an exclusive' this time around and gave the money to Squaresoft.

The little difference here is that they're publishing the game.
Sony said that they're not writing chekcs for third parties exclusives but they also made clear that they like to fund development of promising titles. In that case they own the game they're publishing and they have the possibility to create a new strong IP which they own.
Quite a big difference from giving money to a publisher just to keep a game on their system for a few months.

BTW with Demon's Souls announced (an unexpected big action RPG) then there are other 8 PS3 SCEJ titles to be announced :D it will be nice if Sony has deals with other developers as well, maybe the rumored Dark Cloud with Level 5?

Wurm

Banned
Wow, quite a famitsu this week!

PS0 continues to intrigue and attract me, might even convince me to get rid of my shitty DS phat for a new one but I will wait until the coming DS upgrade.
Probably going to be there day one for MGO Meme Expansion because I am a slut.
Demon's Soul looks very interesting.
Bayonetta looks just as incredible as I'd hoped.

Paracelsus

Awesome, let's contradict ourselves and nab an RPG that probably won't find its way outside of Japan

A SCEJ-pubished arpg that doesn't make its way out of Japan?

If Folklore made it, this will get released in the West even sooner.

Sadist

Klonoa ~door to phantomile~(Wii)
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bandai Namco
- Dec 4th 4800yen
- Remake
- Cell shaded graphics
- Wii remote NES style controls

Do want.

klee123

Awesome week this week.

The funny thing tho is that from software originally had a Jrpg in development for the PS3 which was just named "Dark Rpg", but I believe they halted development last year or something.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Namomura said:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Echoes of Time announced for the Wii and DS :D
If they can pull off cross play over Wi-Fi successfully, sales +1. Not sure which version I'll be getting though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
So like, the Sega DVD is awesome, but it seems encrypted, I can't rip it for some reason.

Kamiya talks about Buletta and calls everything the action genre is doing old and boring. And he didn't wanna do DMC again.

nm im an idiot

prospective platformer(well remake) in Klonoa.

another prospective dungeon crawler / RPG Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga

Monster Hunter Wii gets dated in Japan and a PS3 RPG to see what happens with

not that's some good news right there.

mr_nexus

Banned
This is awesome news! I only ever got to play the demo to Klonoa 1. Bamco better bring the game over here. It would be day one purchase for me.

PolyGone

Banned
If Namco is smart, they'll package Klonoa remake with a port of Klonoa 2. Then the world will be ready for the all-important Klonoa 3.

WYWY

Great summary. Some minor corrections.
RpgN said:
-From Software are huge fans of kings field.
-Sony Approached From Software to make a game for them.
There are two people being interviewed. The Sony producer and the From Software director. It's the producer who is a fan of King's Field, so he asked the director when they (From) will be making another RPG.

Some more info:
- They are calling it "strategic action RPG". It's not going to be about the player's reflexes - they say you can't down an enemy by just swinging a weapon at it repeatedly. It will require thinking and strategy.

- They treat it as "the new" King's Field.

- The Sony producer being a fan of King's Field, also had a list of criticisms for it and voiced them. Director is pleased with having different feedback outside of From's walls.

- User created avatar - choose hair, eyes, face, etc.

- As an example of game design, they pointed out that it's ridiculous that you can find treasure chests just sitting around. So now treasures are only found from the remains of fallen adventurers.

WYWY said:
Great summary. Some minor corrections.

There are two people being interviewed. The Sony producer and the From Software director. It's the producer who is a fan of King's Field, so he asked the director when they (From) will be making another RPG.

Some more info:
- They are calling it "strategic action RPG". It's not going to be about the player's reflexes - they say you can't down an enemy by just swinging a weapon at it repeatedly. It will require thinking and strategy.

- They treat it as "the new" King's Field.

- The Sony producer being a fan of King's Field, also had a list of criticisms for it and voiced them. Director is pleased with having different feedback outside of From's walls.

- User created avatar - choose hair, eyes, face, etc.

- As an example of game design, they pointed out that it's ridiculous that you can find treasure chests just sitting around. So now treasures are only found from the remains of fallen adventurers.

nice info, thanks :)

Rlan

Klonoa looks great. Looks Widescreen too!

It's kind of bizarre that they're using the original character design style though - ie; Red Pants and Shirt, White boots instead of Blue Pants / Shirt, Red Shoes. They kept his white eyes though - the old yellow ones look weird now.

Cedille

The SO4 scan makes me realize that Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell had the best anime-oriented visual style of all recent JRPGs.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I am currently uploading new footage for:

MadWorld
Phantasy Star Zero
Bayonetta

To game videos.

Top Bottom