• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 1/10/08: Klonoa Wii, Disaster Report 3 etc

RpgN

WYWY said:
Great summary. Some minor corrections.

There are two people being interviewed. The Sony producer and the From Software director. It's the producer who is a fan of King's Field, so he asked the director when they (From) will be making another RPG.

Thanks for the corrections. The producer sounds very polite.

I really like where the game is headed too. So far it sounds very nice.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
7th dragon, no new footage LAWWLLLLL (except for some stills of character art)

There is an interview with Rieko Kodama, but I'm not doing any of the interview parts.

Infinite space has some footage, but its so small and shows so little it's not really worth it. Same goes for Shining Force.

Dascu

WYWY said:
Great summary. Some minor corrections.

There are two people being interviewed. The Sony producer and the From Software director. It's the producer who is a fan of King's Field, so he asked the director when they (From) will be making another RPG.

Some more info:
- They are calling it "strategic action RPG". It's not going to be about the player's reflexes - they say you can't down an enemy by just swinging a weapon at it repeatedly. It will require thinking and strategy.

- They treat it as "the new" King's Field.

- The Sony producer being a fan of King's Field, also had a list of criticisms for it and voiced them. Director is pleased with having different feedback outside of From's walls.

- User created avatar - choose hair, eyes, face, etc.

- As an example of game design, they pointed out that it's ridiculous that you can find treasure chests just sitting around. So now treasures are only found from the remains of fallen adventurers.
Sounds pretty awesome. Can't wait to see it in action.

I am currently uploading new footage for:

MadWorld
Phantasy Star Zero
Bayonetta

To game videos.
:eek:oo

Ello

Does it say if Deamon's Souls will be thirdperson or firstperson? King's Field is a FP RPG game right?

Cedille

Ello said:
Does it say if Deamon's Souls will be thirdperson or firstperson? King's Field is a FP RPG game right?

Yeah. King's Field is actually one of the best game series I've ever played. Far much better than Oblivion.

Fady K

A new NamBan RPG IP on the DS?

A Klonoa remake on the Wii?

Disaster Report 3 for the PSP and looking better than the PS2 games?

2 new Sony PSP games, one of which has a very interesting title?

An action horror game from Tecmo on the PSP?

A new action RPG on the PS3 that looks amazing?

More MGO?

A spelunker HD makeover?

This is by far one of the best gaming news weeks in a while for this year.

fahr

Phantasy Star Zero looks like a Monster Hunter cash-in.

Phantasy Star with a heavier emphasis on action.

On the DS.

YES.

It's amazing, it looks like one of my predictions may be (partially) coming true!

A few months back, I thought that NB should do what Sega did with Sonic after the Dreamcast.

Remake Klonoa 2 on the Wii, then make a Klonoa Mega Collection with all the GBA games and PS1 games on one disc. THEN make Klonoa 3 a Wii exclusive (only Sonic Heroes was multiplatform...).

Looks like part 1 came true, only it's the first game instead! :lol :D

But this does point towards the second game being remade if this is successful, why wouldn't they consider it?

Is Klonoa 1 really better than Klonoa 2? I'd like some opinions on that. I've heard GREAT things about Klonoa 2! :D

Ydahs

Bizzyb

Banned
Klonoa.png

I'm back Bitches

Azure J

Bizzyb said:
Klonoa.png

I'm back Bitches

Couldn't have said it better myself. God bless platformers.

-WindYoshi- said:
Not only that, but I just realized there's no way I WONT think of Sarah Palin when looking at her face.... : X

HOLY SHIT. I can't unsee it now. :lol

Tenbatsu

The way the main character runs in PSZero looks weird. Hurray at Madworld and Bayonetta.

Sadist said:
Saw the scans for all the Wii games, but what's this about FF CC for Wii & DS?

Can somebody confirm?
Yes it confirmed. There are scans.

bayonetta really does look like DMC4, though maybe with better shadowing. Madworld actually looks cooler to me. Cheers for the footage.

Sporsk, you get any footage of the demon soul game? Does it look decent in motion at least?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
nelsonroyale said:
bayonetta really does look like DMC4, though maybe with better shadowing. Madworld actually looks cooler to me. Cheers for the footage.

Sporsk, you get any footage of the demon soul game? Does it look decent in motion at least?

The DVD was for Sega games only. DSouls is From Software.

If no one has uploaded it by the time i get home from work tomorrow Duck, I'll up it. I've gotta take a shower and get ready for bed.

I've essentially worked from 6:30 to 11 today :(

harSon said:
Demon's Soul looks cool but I'm a bit worried if it's made by the Enchanted Arms team :lol

yeah, although seems a HUGE change in style if it is....doesnt seem to contain the usual anime visual trappings in these scans at least...

Interesting to see how the character creation works...comparisons with oblivion...hopefully its nothing like that ugly system

icecream

Public Health Threat
Cedille said:
The SO4 scan makes me realize that Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell had the best anime-oriented visual style of all recent JRPGs.
SO4 isn't even 'anime-oriented visual style,' the character designs are but the actual in-game characters are 3-D models. Of course they'll look different than the cel-shaded style of Eternal Sonata and Vesperia.

And you're incorrect. The best would be Valkyria.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
PS0 looks so bad :(
Shame the 7th Dragon vid is the same as last week's.

How does Infinite Space look? sp0rsk is too tired, so it looks like I won't be able to see it today! ;_;

birdchili

WYWY said:
Some more info:
- They are calling it "strategic action RPG". It's not going to be about the player's reflexes - they say you can't down an enemy by just swinging a weapon at it repeatedly. It will require thinking and strategy.

- They treat it as "the new" King's Field.

- The Sony producer being a fan of King's Field, also had a list of criticisms for it and voiced them. Director is pleased with having different feedback outside of From's walls.

- User created avatar - choose hair, eyes, face, etc.

- As an example of game design, they pointed out that it's ridiculous that you can find treasure chests just sitting around. So now treasures are only found from the remains of fallen adventurers.
ok. i'm paying attention. i'm somewhat skeptical you can do the "new king's field" in third person... the whole isolation, danger and general loneliness of the games would be harder to capture, methinks. still... i didn't think we'd ever see a spiritual sequel to king's field.

tgs time is good times. hopefully the generally more worldwide-focus of japanese studios means we'll see most of these games localized in a relatively timely manner.

is the new FFCC for wii/ds the final nail in Crystal Bearers' coffin? stay tuned for random speculation from people who don't know anything

ivysaur12 said:
It's not new, it's a remake.
I'll still accept it as a gift from the gods

TunaLover

Klonoa Wii :O, I still use my Klonoa suit on Presea ='), looks delicious!!!

Valhala Knights comes from nowhere, the game looks nice graphically, mmmh its worth keep it on the radar?

Top Bottom