• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 1/10/08: Klonoa Wii, Disaster Report 3 etc

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
sp0rsk said:
7th dragon, no new footage LAWWLLLLL (except for some stills of character art)

There is an interview with Rieko Kodama, but I'm not doing any of the interview parts.

Infinite space has some footage, but its so small and shows so little it's not really worth it. Same goes for Shining Force.

Anybody mind translating the Kodama interview? I'd be interested in hearing what she has to say, her being my favorite producer/developer and all.

Just an FYI.

Full price Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy and such seem to cost 5800 Yen in Japan, so I assume as Klonoa is 4800 Yen, it'll be $39.99 here being a "budget" game. Not bad at all since the game is like a ground-up remake! :D

Daemon's Soul looks nice but it's From Software....the secret game from Konami and Irem also disappoints, but there are still 8 unannounced games to look forward to to.

I just realized that Klonoa is indeed in his original outfit, but with his current character design!

A very nice blend of classic and modern designs!

I kind of like this outfit better than the current one used afterwards! :D

I wonder if he'll be keeping this outfit? His Namco X Capcom outfit seems to say otherwise, but who knows but Namco Bandai?

Edit: While surfing through MobyGames, I found this in the Klonoa Heroes screenshot collection, showing the logo of Klonoa Works.

It's caption says it's a company logo. So Namco really had a separate division working on the Klonoa series? Are they still around intact, or have they since been absorbed into Namco Bandai?

I never heard of the company until I saw this screenshot.

Teknoman

Im late but....
- Klonoa ~door to phantomile~(Wii)
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bandai Namco
- Dec 4th 4800yen
- Remake
- Cell shaded graphics
- Wii remote NES style controls

:D :D

neo2046

the screens of 朧村正妖刀伝 (Muramasa: The Demon Blade) are very nice :D

JaMarco

Dante said:
:lol @ Bayonetta's walk animation
its awesome!

And is it just me or does the Valhalla Knights Wii game look kinda good? It has online co-op and character customization. I heard the PSP games were garbage though so I wont get too exited/

Durante

sp0rsk said:
Demon's Souls is 3rd person, it looked a lot like "What if Oblivion was made by Japanese people who hire artists with talent."
Color me interested.

WYWY said:
- As an example of game design, they pointed out that it's ridiculous that you can find treasure chests just sitting around.
OH WOW THEY NOTICED :lol
But seriously, it would be awesome for a Japanese developer to go through this list and then attempt to make an RPG without any of it.

birdchili

Durante said:
But seriously, it would be awesome for a Japanese developer to go through this list and then attempt to make an RPG without any of it.
it would *also* be awesome for someone to use this as a checklist of features to include (with gleeful self-awareness, of course).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the wording on this sentence is weird...

Party members can be changed in and out of battle at will, and if things are how they are in previous Star Oceans, the result's going to be alarmingly hectic.
I wonder if it's just SO trademark real-time character switching during battles, or if you can swap in/out characters that aren't participating in battles FFX-esque.

Tenbatsu said:
- Demon’s Souls (PS3)
Publisher: SCEJ
Developer: From Software
- Action RPG
That caught my interest the moment I read it and after seeing the game I'm certainly looking forward to this title.

Hopefully, we get a full blow-out of this and Ninja Blade at TGS.

Ooooo, Star Ocean 4. Thanks.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
WAIT A MINUTE A NEW KING'S FIELD (ish) TITLE?!?!?

THIS MAKES MY HEART SING SONGS OF JOY IT HASNT FELT SINCE THE ANCIENT CITY WAS CLOSED

Teknoman

Durante said:
Color me interested.

OH WOW THEY NOTICED :lol

Lost Odyssey almost did this right? Same with Nocturne. Also those rules seem pretty closely skewed to FFVII...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
drakesfortune said:
I hope Namco ports Klonoa over to PSN and XBLA as well. :(
every friggin time a potential good game gets announced for wii ...pathetic :lol

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
cw_sasuke said:
every friggin time a potential good game gets announced for wii ...pathetic :lol

Uhh...actually no. Outside of Nintendo published titles, this is the first time I really want a game that's only available on Wii.

Akai

~ A new FFCC, playable both on Wii and DS
~ Valhalla Knights (Go Marvelous!)
~ KLONOA
~ Demon's Souls (Yes, gimme more ARPGs!)
~ Star Ocean 4 goodies
~ Another interesting ARPG for DS (Destiny Links)
~ Expanded events in Rune Factory Frontier

This is one of the best weeks ever for news in a long time!

Threi

notag
Weekly Famitsu thread of champions and love

drakesfortune said:
Uhh...actually no. Outside of Nintendo published titles, this is the first time I really want a game that's only available on Wii.
That doesn't justify shit.

birdchili said:
i'm somewhat skeptical you can do the "new king's field" in third person... the whole isolation, danger and general loneliness of the games would be harder to capture, methinks.

sotc.jpg

Alright, where are these Marumasa scans? Can someone spare a TINY hint?!

Also, in the Sonic BK scan, it shows Sonic actually using his VERY (Down + A in the air) kick from Brawl! :lol :D

The graphics in Sonic BK look a lot better than it did in the Nintendo Power scans. Especially in the two shots of him in a battle near a mountain with lots of grass and such. Looks really nice!

Top Bottom