• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Japanese Magazine Dirty News (Squeenix loves PSP, EGM was right!)

Couldn't they have just added a side story with it instead of including a new character, from another ff, no less in this game? Some of SE decisions seem a bit suspect. Still quite a few of the games have me hyped

peace

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
What have they done to Bathier? Did Yoshida redraw him? He looks more like Yoshida's SD FFIII art than the FFT art.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
What have they done to Bathier? Did Yoshida redraw him? He looks more like Yoshida's SD FFIII art than the FFT art.

Yes, Yoshida clearly redrew him, you can see an illustration next to the FMV screens in the scan.

jj984jj

Remember the last we trusted the look of Gundam Musou based on a scan duckroll?

justchris

duckroll said:
Gyakuten 4 - DS
As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's coming out on the 12th of April. The regular edition will be 5040yen, while the Limited Edition package is 9240yen. The limited edition contains the previously announced Encylopedia cart as well as a DVD with trailers, promo videos and other assorted footage for every single title in the series up to now.

Hmmmm...will this have both English & Japanese on the cart? If it will, I may have to see what my chances of importing that limited edition are.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Remember the last we trusted the look of Gundam Musou based on a scan duckroll?

Errr... I really don't think The O looking hot has anything to do with graphics. I bet you don't even know wtf The O is. :p

jj984jj

I used to be an anime fanatic so I know what The O is, but never did watch it. I did not know it was a mecha series either. :p

duckroll

jj984jj said:
I used to be an anime fanatic so I know what The O is, but never did watch it. I did not know it was a mecha series either. :p

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

What the hell did you just say? :p

Avalon

What the hell is going on here...

Um... so how long has Gundam Musou been in development for? Seems like it was just announced yesterday and it's already getting released in a month and a half. Not another rush job right?

jj984jj

Ayaye, I'm sure gald my mecha interest didn't go beyond Gundam SEED/∀ Gundam.

Mifune

Mehmber
Final Fantasy can't be the game that Shane was saying will premiere on the 1Up Show this week, could it? The one that people would be excited about?

Jonnyram

Mifune said:
Final Fantasy can't be the game that Shane was saying will premiere on the 1Up Show this week, could it? The one that people would be excited about?
No, Shane was talking about Romancing SaGa ports, obviously.

john tv

Gundam Musou has actually been in development for a long, long time. They kept it secret right up until the end.

Re: FF1&2 on PSP -- W! T! F! How many times do we need to get the same damn game? I've already had my fill with those two--never buying another version again unless it's like some full 3D remake using the Unreal Engine or some shit. This is ridiculous.

If any of you buy either of these ports, I think I'll ban you.

PS -- Way to insult your fans. 20th anniversary edition? You couldn't think up something new? This seems to be indicative of the direction the series is headed -- non-stop ports and rehashes and side-stories and dirges and BLAH.

duckroll

john tv said:
Gundam Musou has actually been in development for a long, long time. They kept it secret right up until the end.

Re: FF1&2 on PSP -- W! T! F! How many times do we need to get the same damn game? I've already had my fill with those two--never buying another version again unless it's like some full 3D remake using the Unreal Engine or some shit. This is ridiculous.

But hey, buying FFT PSP is okay right.....? I hope! *gulp*

Avalon

john tv said:

All right. Hopefully the game will be decent.

john tv said:

:lol :lol :lol

Are we out of the 'Handheld' Ghetto yet?

Before I forget... Where the hell did this term come from? I hear it all the time but I don't know what it means. :(

Mifune said:

naw, it was probably the ps3 game that was cancelled, it just shane doesnt know yet....either that or sega rally 3

[peace

john tv

duckroll said:
But hey, buying FFT PSP is okay right.....? I hope! *gulp*
Oh, FFT is an exception, but only if you buy it in English. See, we got screwed with the Retard Edition on PS1, so the PSP version actually allows for us to play the game and *understand* it. Very exciting. :)

Well, I guess the argument with Amir0x kinda went nowhere after I had to leave, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Some other things:

Kobun Heat: Winner!

And this:

th_19182_1169017641_1_122_351lo.jpg

Is that FFII? Can't really tell.

th_21222_viploader396284_122_417lo.jpg

*sigh*

Mifune

Mehmber
nelsonroyale said:
naw, it was probably the ps3 game that was cancelled, it just shane doesnt know yet....either that or sega rally 3

[peace

No no, it was a PSP game that he was talking about. Sorry that wasn't clear.

john tv said:

PS -- Way to insult your fans. 20th anniversary edition? You couldn't think up something new? This seems to be indicative of the direction the series is headed -- non-stop ports and rehashes and side-stories and dirges and BLAH.

Don't ever change john tv. Don't ever change.

Anyways, this marks the 4th remake/port of those games. And we already got 2 of them (PS1 and GBA). Guys, and I'm specifically referring to Square Enix, there are remakes like Dragon Quest 4 and 5 that we were denied, and we didn't even get the original in the first place. Priorities, people.

Mifune said:
No no, it was a PSP game that he was talking about. Sorry that wasn't clear.

okay...crisis core maybe...that would probably the most anticipated psp game, its 75% complete or something as well. Not getting my hopes up though

peace

Mifune

Mehmber
nelsonroyale said:
okay...crisis core maybe...that would probably the most anticipated psp game, its 75% complete or something as well. Not getting my hopes up though

peace

"Previously unannounced" PSP game, according to Shane.

I'm just praying it's not this FF remake crap.

gogogow

Yay! for more ports?
Wouldn't call it PSP loving by Squareenix.

Who hasn't played this by now? Anyone who cares a little bit
about the FF series or FF I & II have certainly played this by now, esp. the
Japanese audience?!

It has been released on 4 friggin platforms!!: NES, WS, PSone, GBA
But it is to be expected by SE though, these projects costs them like.........nothing.

Steroyd

You'd think after doing a re-re-remake of FFI & II, a re-remake in 3D of FFIII, re-remakes of FFIV, V & VI, that the only logical choice is to do a remake of the not yet remade FFVII - IX.

I'd whore all over getting a remade FFVII just for the PSP to go portable, or better yet complete the FFVII compilation with a remade FFVII game on the PS3, come on Square Enix, you've been somewhat disappointing ever since you made the leap from PSone.

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX for the DS... in 2D.

And while we're at it, I want a pet dragon.

Mifune said:
"Previously unannounced" PSP game, according to Shane.

I'm just praying it's not this FF remake crap.

definitely...hmm maybe a new syphon filter or some such...yeah but if its this, no preview needed, this games have been out for decades

Pureauthor, I take it your taking the piss, right? Right?

peace

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pureauthor said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again:

FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX for the DS... in 2D.

And while we're at it, I want a pet dragon.

i`d hit ....ehm... i mean buy them....

ff7 in 2d? crazy thought... :D

Top Bottom