• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

rkn

PotatoeMasher said:
One thing you realize when you start losing weight and buying clothes is how much fabric can stretch.

I've gone from 34" jeans that had been stretched out for over a year to 31". After a few days of wearing a new pair of 32" jeans, I had to start tightening my belt or they'd fall off.

Now that I don't have anything to hide I can't stand wearing baggy clothes.
Same here, I used to think I was hiding it well, but wearing some of my old clothes they just feel gigantic on me, this is just going from an (admittedly filled out) L -> M too. I made the mistake of buying a bunch of new clothes "mid cycle". I'm still losing weight and now these new fitting clothes are beginning to feel too baggy.

Brinbe

rkn said:
Same here, I used to think I was hiding it well, but wearing some of my old clothes they just feel gigantic on me, this is just going from an (admittedly filled out) L -> M too. I made the mistake of buying a bunch of new clothes "mid cycle". I'm still losing weight and now these new fitting clothes are beginning to feel too baggy.
Ha, I can definitely relate to all of that as well. I went from XXL to a S in a year, and I just SMH at the baggy crap I used to wear.

btrick

I lost 13 lbs in the last month. I'm 5'6'' and I used to be 173 and now I'm 160. I just signed up for the gym since it's on the way to work and I do some kind of cardio 4 mornings a week and maybe work out for 2 nights a week. I just do it to and from work. I also have started eating salads for lunch and chicken and brown rice for dinners. I totally let go during the weekends though lol.

It sounds like a lot.. but once you get in the habit its really not that bad. That's from doing nothing too.

Fox1304

Dr Eggman said:
First post in this thread, and asking for tips.

I'm not fat just slightly overweight. I've been worse. What's some pro-tips to avoid cravings? I usually think about not eating chocolates or any type of candy all day but when I see them in front of me I go nuts most of the time and don't even think twice. I usually regret it after and then the cycle continues. I do work out btw but eating unhealthily won't help.

Wash your teeth right after every time you eat.
Toothpaste makes me skip any need since I find it disgusting to eat after having brushed the teeth :)
Try it maybe ;)

Dr Eggman said:
First post in this thread, and asking for tips.

I'm not fat just slightly overweight. I've been worse. What's some pro-tips to avoid cravings? I usually think about not eating chocolates or any type of candy all day but when I see them in front of me I go nuts most of the time and don't even think twice. I usually regret it after and then the cycle continues. I do work out btw but eating unhealthily won't help.

Fox's comment to this is brilliant. I'd like to expand that to suggest that you find something that does not go well with candy or chocolate and have some of that if you think a candy episode might be approaching. Or something that you can just keep in your mouth while candy is around. If you're busy masticating, you won't have as much of an urge to put something else in there. Chewing gum, for instance. Get into the habit of being able to chew gum for incredibly long stretches of time, even after it's out of taste.

I staved off strange food cravings with my Tic Tac craving, fwiw. Tic Tacs -- especially the white ones -- taste great but put an uncomfortable aftertaste in my mouth after having five or ten
thirty
of them, so I don't feel like eating or drinking anything for a while. Also, orange Tic Tacs don't count. They're just candy.

I'm not a fitness guy at all, I typically weigh around 230lbs at 5'11" so I'm definitely well overweight. Anyway I'm tired of looking and feeling fat and unhealthy so I finally started trying to eat better and exercise.

I'm using www.myfitnesspal.com to set and monitor goals, which currently is to lose 2lbs a week. It's a really good resource for tracking food/calorie intake and exercise. The site has given me a calorie limit of 1460 a day, which gets bumped up based on how much exercise you do.

Foodwise I'm cutting WAY down on sugar and carbs, replacing my usual morning cereal with ham/turkey bacon and egg beaters, eating a sensible lunch and dinner and cutting out all sweets and junk food. And drinking 8 cups of water a day. I'm finding it pretty easy to stay inside the daily calorie limit.

Exercise-wise, I got a treadmill and I'm walking on that a few times a day. I'm not fit enough to really run on it yet, but the pre-set workout has me walking for 30m per session at varying speeds and inclines (3.5mph max) and that works out to 200 calories per session. I can easily to 3 or 4 of these a day for an 800 calorie net gain. And I definitely break a sweat and feel like I've gotten a good workout even after a simple 30m brisk walk.

So far I am down to 222.6lbs and feeling pretty good about it. Anyway I'm looking for any basic tips and pointers to help adjust what I'm doing if needed. Also have one specific question: right now I'm allowing myself a "cheat day" (Saturday) where I can eat whatever the fuck I want. I know a lot of people do this and it seems sensible because otherwise I know I'd never be able to sustain the regimen without something to look forward to once a week. But is it really okay or does it slow down progress toward my goal?

Ideally I'd like to get to about 185lbs eventually and sustain that.

agentxricky

Neo Member
I replied to you in the fitness forum, but I'll reiterate.

If you're mentally strong enough to not need a cheat day or even a cheat meal, it'll help you out alot in the long run, and make things go by smoother.

Cheating is fine and helpful, but it will hinder your progress in some quantity.

spicy cho

I have been on and off with my dieting for almost a year now, dropping 5 pounds here, gaining 5 there... Looking to really commit right now before the summer is here and I find myself on the beach with a bunch of babes. I figure I need to lose about 20 pounds to feel good, I'm definitely going to subscribe to this thread. Beer is definitely my worst enemy when it comes to my gut, it will be hard to let go of that but I will until I reach my goal. I don't eat much but I'm going to cut out carbs and just eat more veggies and meat. I have signed up to the gym many times and it always ends up being a waste of money, right now I'm walking about an hour and a half total each day to work, I often take detours to get more time in. Probably will get a few dumbells for a little lifting at home. I think I'll start using myfitnesscoach as I was using it for a while and it was great, have it on my iphone. I'm about 6ft 185, but I dont have much muscle at all. That's the next thing to work on.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Whitta said:
I'm not a fitness guy at all, I typically weigh around 230lbs at 5'11" so I'm definitely well overweight. Anyway I'm tired of looking and feeling fat and unhealthy so I finally started trying to eat better and exercise.

I'm using www.myfitnesspal.com to set and monitor goals, which currently is to lose 2lbs a week. It's a really good resource for tracking food/calorie intake and exercise. The site has given me a calorie limit of 1460 a day, which gets bumped up based on how much exercise you do.

Foodwise I'm cutting WAY down on sugar and carbs, replacing my usual morning cereal with ham/turkey bacon and egg beaters, eating a sensible lunch and dinner and cutting out all sweets and junk food. And drinking 8 cups of water a day. I'm finding it pretty easy to stay inside the daily calorie limit.

Exercise-wise, I got a treadmill and I'm walking on that a few times a day. I'm not fit enough to really run on it yet, but the pre-set workout has me walking for 30m per session at varying speeds and inclines (3.5mph max) and that works out to 200 calories per session. I can easily to 3 or 4 of these a day for an 800 calorie net gain. And I definitely break a sweat and feel like I've gotten a good workout even after a simple 30m brisk walk.

So far I am down to 222.6lbs and feeling pretty good about it. Anyway I'm looking for any basic tips and pointers to help adjust what I'm doing if needed. Also have one specific question: right now I'm allowing myself a "cheat day" (Saturday) where I can eat whatever the fuck I want. I know a lot of people do this and it seems sensible because otherwise I know I'd never be able to sustain the regimen without something to look forward to once a week. But is it really okay or does it slow down progress toward my goal?

Ideally I'd like to get to about 185lbs eventually and sustain that.

There's no definitive answer, but I've read a few people argue that infrequent calorie spikes in your diet will actually accelerate your weight loss throughout the week. Everyone is different, though.

I started at 220ish (5'11'') in early February and I'm down to 180lbs (my goal is 150-160lbs). Personally, I hate counting calories, and I'm not a big fan of sustained cardio exercise. Not only that, but I read that too much cardio can cause all sorts of problems and not even help weight loss that much.

All I really did was eliminate sugar and carbs for the most part. My breakfast is usually two eggs, some bacon (pork or beef; turkey is a poor imitation), along with maybe some turkey or chicken sausage. I usually use coconut oil or ghee to cook. The fat and protein from my morning meals keeps me satiated well into the afternoon.

For exercise, I only do some very simply resistance training in the form of wall presses and air squats immediately before, and within 90 minutes or so after, every meal. It's simple, and only takes about 10 - 15 minutes per day (and not all at once!), but I've really gained a lot of muscle, especially in my legs and arms. Squats are really an amazing exercise.

Another thing I'm trying, but not sure if it is really affecting my weight loss, is something often called "thermo dieting", where you lower your body temperature in the evening. There are plenty of ways to do this, but I just opt for three minutes every night in the shower with very cold water spraying against my upper back area. Like I said, I don't know if this is actually helping my weight loss, but I've definitely become more resistant to cold weather since starting it.

Other than that, I've also cut out dairy for the most part (I still have an occasional bit of milk in my coffee a couple times a week). This is another thing I'm not really sure about, as there are lots of people who argue that dairy is fine, but I've cut it out until I reach my goal just to be safe.

I do allow myself cheat days/meals. I usually don't take a whole day and go crazy or anything, but instead just allow myself a few meals or trips to the pub with friends on Friday or the weekend.

LaneDS

Gary, you might want to check this out as it seems like it'll be a good fit for your current fitness level (and your new treadmill):

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

The idea is that you start off essentially sedentary and within a month if you follow the plan there you'll be ready to jog/run a 5k. Lots of folks have had success with it, so I'd say it is pretty widely recommended.

As far as the cheat day is concerned, if you are 100% good about the other six days I think it is absolutely fine to give yourself the cheat day. My roommate has lost about 20 lbs since the start of the year doing this very thing... strict dieting six days a week, one day (Saturday) where he eats whatever he wants. He's around your height and I think went from 210 to 190 or so.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
GameplayWhore said:
Fox's comment to this is brilliant. I'd like to expand that to suggest that you find something that does not go well with candy or chocolate and have some of that if you think a candy episode might be approaching. Or something that you can just keep in your mouth while candy is around. If you're busy masticating, you won't have as much of an urge to put something else in there. Chewing gum, for instance. Get into the habit of being able to chew gum for incredibly long stretches of time, even after it's out of taste.

I staved off strange food cravings with my Tic Tac craving, fwiw. Tic Tacs -- especially the white ones -- taste great but put an uncomfortable aftertaste in my mouth after having five or ten
thirty
of them, so I don't feel like eating or drinking anything for a while. Also, orange Tic Tacs don't count. They're just candy.
Yeah I tried doing the gum distraction but I find myself taking out the gum and eating whatever I desire. I'll use the toothpaste trick. Now's the time where I get these cravings for candy, after work where I usually hang out with friends or play vidyagaems. I just gotta keep food out of my mouth.

Are there any exercise routines that are somewhat fun? I can't just straight run by myself, it's usually just boring and I lose interest quickly. I had no problem doing drills for sports since that seemed to have a purpose. Is there anything for me to do or just try to push myself through running?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Are there any exercise routines that are somewhat fun? I can't just straight run by myself, it's usually just boring and I lose interest quickly. I had no problem doing drills for sports since that seemed to have a purpose. Is there anything for me to do or just try to push myself through running?

Have you considered joining a Circuit Training course? It's one of the most effective types of workout you can do, and you change activity every 2 or so minutes, so you get plenty of variety. On top of that, you'll be with lots of other people, and can be a good opportunity to meet new people too.

And if you aren't comfortable excercising around other people (I'm like this, lol), then you can always just do in your back yard.

Gary, I might add to the posts above is that it will be good to incorporate some weights into your exercise routine to build some muscle. As you build muscle, it will throw off your weight loss goal (muscle ways more than fat so it'll take you longer to get to 185) but you will look a lot better for it and you'll be able to sustain the weight for longer if you do.

It sounds like you're going on the right path. Good job, man. Maybe you'll start a health revolution in the Whiskey offices?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
You could try running on trails. You have to pay attention when you do that so it's easier to stay engaged than pounding asphalt in subdivisions.

ipukespiders said:
Some of the bad parts about losing body fat (whatya mean, bad parts?):

My mom said "are you losing weight?" and put her hands to her face, as to show that my face is thinner - as much as I assured her that I am healthy and fine, she looks at me with concern.

Arg, I just noticed this post. This is an ongoing problem for me. When my mother started doing it, I was still overweight (though no longer obese). Now, I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle of the normal zone, and I'd probably have to lose another 20 pounds to be considered medically underweight, but every time I see her she voices her concern that I'm not eating enough. Of course, the upside of this is that I get free food. ^_^

Gary Whitta said:
IFoodwise I'm cutting WAY down on sugar and carbs, replacing my usual morning cereal with ham/turkey bacon and egg beaters, eating a sensible lunch and dinner and cutting out all sweets and junk food. And drinking 8 cups of water a day. I'm finding it pretty easy to stay inside the daily calorie limit.

I'd take a look at replacing stuff like egg beaters with some pasture raised eggs. Don't be afraid of the yolk—it's a little pocket of nutrition and has been an essential part of my dropping 30+ lbs in around three months.

Other advice is to find things you like that can be a snack when it's late at night or in between meals and you get hungry. I've gotten into a real sardines kick as of late, and pretty much eat a can a day. Hard boiled eggs are fun too, but I realize I'm less picky of an eater than some.

I don't count calories, but find a diet without simple carbs (other than the occasional Larabar and dates with or without some local goat cheese) has led me to eat far less throughout the day. When I do eat, I eat a lot—protein and good fats with some amount of veggies.

My diet is a bit more restricted since I'm following the Paleo diet, but at this point I'm in complete control of my weight loss by going in and out of ketosis by avoiding all carbs for a day or so. It's pretty neat to completely control your body like that. I'm nearing my ideal weight and then I'll switch my diet up to encourage some muscle growth.

dock

dope4goldrope said:
I'm at 50lbs lost since February 1st ( ~20 more since my last post about 6 weeks ago). I think I'm doing really well. I'm 6'2" and started at 250 and am now down to a much more comfortable 200. Here's to getting down to my goal of 180!
Congratulations, and good luck! I'm similar height, I was 300lbs+ in 2009 and I'm now around 180lbs. You're making fantastic progress.

Rookje

I can't get rid of my ab fat.

I think a lot of it is because I lost 50-60 lbs a few years ago (220 -> 160). I was hoping since I'm relatively young (was 24 when I lost the weight) it would "repair" itself. I've tried doing a ton of ab workouts, it worked so so but the skin/fat in there still didn't go away, and I don't want to get that big to where ab muscle would completely fill it out. I'm 5'10 and have a decent amount of muscle on me, and got myself down to around ~145 and it still was there. I felt and looked terrible so I bulked back up to around 160 (though a lot of that was fat, cause I went off my diet).

I really think if you lose a lot of weight, and you had that weight on you for a considerable amount of time (a decade probably) getting a "flat" stomach is really difficult to do.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Rookje said:

I think a lot of it is because I lost 50-60 lbs a few years ago (220 -> 160). I was hoping since I'm relatively young (was 24 when I lost the weight) it would "repair" itself. I've tried doing a ton of ab workouts, it worked so so but the skin/fat in there still didn't go away, and I don't want to get that big to where ab muscle would completely fill it out. I'm 5'10 and have a decent amount of muscle on me, and got myself down to around ~145 and it still was there. I felt and looked terrible so I bulked back up to around 160 (though a lot of that was fat, cause I went off my diet).

I really think if you lose a lot of weight, and you had that weight on you for a considerable amount of time (a decade probably) getting a "flat" stomach is really difficult to do.

You really need to get around 10% body fat or less for your ab muscles to show. You might start to see them around 15%.

mercenar1e said:
started in August 2010 (276) the above picture is the latest.. 245

i feel like i hit a plateau as i can't manage to get below 240.. im attending this party in July and i really need to do this! im terrible at cooking its pretty much special k with skim plus for breakfast, a banana or apple for my snacks, green tea and honey whenever i can fit it.. any advice on when to drink this? and i end it off with chicken breast and broccoli

i know i need to eat something else but i just cant cook its why i decided to quit during my failed weight loss attempts

really need some advice..

I'd recommend replacing the special K for eggs in the morning. Also, some weight training/high intensity cardio if you haven't already.

dock

Special K is such bollocks. I used to eat it, now I eat bran flakes + banana.

I have plenty of loose skin around my stomach that I'm trying to get rid of, but I'm going to do sit-ups for a month or two as part of my routine and see whether it makes a difference.

Rookje said:

Interesting story, because I'm experiencing exactly the same thing! The thing is that it is actually impossible to lose the skin in certain places on your body after massive weight loss, because of the "stretch" effect caused on your skin. I myself lost 25KG, and noticed that I too still had excess skin around my stomach. So I gunned it really hard, managing to lose another 5KG, whilst at the same time taking on a ridiculous stomach crunching regime. I then found that my stomach was as hard as rock, but that I still had puppy fat around the lower part of my belly (although the top part looked great). This left me in a dilemna as losing any more weight would effectively make me look like a marathon runner, which is not the look I was working so hard for!

I actually visited a Doctor about this and he confirmed the following for me. Unfortunately, your skin does't actually "retract." Once it has been stretched past a certain point, that's how it will stay. This is a common problem amongst women that give birth, particularly if they have twins / triplets. Their stomachs stretch like crazy because of the the children they are carrying, but after giving birth, their stomachs won't retract, creating a "saggy" look. Unfortunately this exact same thing can happen to anyone who loses a *lot* of weight after being overweight / clinically obese, because skin is not "elastic" and won't just spring back to it's original state. It's not just confined to the stomach are either, it can be noticeable around the breasts / hips and even around the face, dependant on how much weight one loses.

The only solution is to have the excess loose skin removed. For the stomach area, you would require a "tummy tuck," otherwise known as Abdominoplasty. Such operations are expensive, but will result in the effect you are looking for.

I'm actually pretty sure I am going to have such an operation myself. I'm sure it sounds really vain and like a waste of money, but after managing to lose so much weight, it's disapointing to end up with saggy skin, and it does make me feel rather image concious when I'm swimming, or on the beach. However, I guess it depends on the individual at hand as to what action, if any, one decides to take.

Need to find a "Before" Pic, but start was 305lbs. Current is 217lbs. Been almost 1 year now.

SANY0014.jpg

Is me today

AniHawk

when i was a kid, i was always skinny. this was the case well into high school and early college. then, i guess my metabolism slowed and i didn't realize it. it was such a slow, gradual process, that i didn't realize i had put on quite a bit of weight. the big shocker was that i weighed 199.9 lbs according to the scale (i'm 6"0', so that was still overweight by a decent amount). for the last 9 months, i've been weighing myself nearly every day and for almost every day of the last 8 months, i would run for an hour.

anyway, i'm down to 149.9, which was my final goal. it was kinda cool to see the changes happening to my body, and especially my increase in stamina thanks to the daily running (the month leading up to the hourlong ones i was doing 10-14 minutes at a time and i would be totally winded). not only do i weigh less than i did since probably my junior year in high school, but i'm also in way better shape than i've been.

i'm going to continue running, but i'll be dialing them back to half an hour a day. i also want to start working in some other exercises every other day to build some muscle.

Lamel

Banned
AniHawk said:
when i was a kid, i was always skinny. this was the case well into high school and early college. then, i guess my metabolism slowed and i didn't realize it. it was such a slow, gradual process, that i didn't realize i had put on quite a bit of weight. the big shocker was that i weighed 199.9 lbs according to the scale (i'm 6"0', so that was still overweight by a decent amount). for the last 9 months, i've been weighing myself nearly every day and for almost every day of the last 8 months, i would run for an hour.

anyway, i'm down to 149.9, which was my final goal. it was kinda cool to see the changes happening to my body, and especially my increase in stamina thanks to the daily running (the month leading up to the hourlong ones i was doing 10-14 minutes at a time and i would be totally winded). not only do i weigh less than i did since probably my junior year in high school, but i'm also in way better shape than i've been.

i'm going to continue running, but i'll be dialing them back to half an hour a day. i also want to start working in some other exercises every other day to build some muscle.

Wow that's some good weight loss there, impressive. I think it's time for you to start hitting the heavy weights, build some muscle, 150 is kinda slim for 6' no?

Bradlums

Awesome job Messi!

As for my weight loss story, nothing dramatic, just shed my baby fat. Went from being pretty damn chubby in the 5th grade to skinny as hell once I took up cross country in jr. high. Still a skinny runner who could actually use to put on a few pounds.
5'6" and 117 pounds

AniHawk

Saadster said:
Wow that's some good weight loss there, impressive. I think it's time for you to start hitting the heavy weights, build some muscle, 150 is kinda slim for 6' no?

thanks! and yeah, i've been wanting to build muscle for a while. nothing too drastic though.

Congratulations AniHawk, really impressive stuff. I can really relate to the way you described putting on weight too, it can happen to anyone, especially if you have an office job that involves sitting down all day.

So I think I've reached the point where I'm starting to become physically attractive to other people again.

While walking around NYC yesterday, I had a couple of people clearly check me out (women and men, ha ha). That was weird for me - it hasn't really happened since the beginning of college, before I put on my freshman 50.

It also helps that I am finding clothes that fit better and complement my shape. Shopping for clothes is fun when you don't have to rely on the awful selection in big and tall sections.

Still, I've got a long way go until I'm my ideal weight and shape.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sight come on man...

I've been on a low-carb diet combined with rigirious excercise but whatever I'll do I can't seem to break the 175 lbs barrier. Anyone got any tips to break through these plateaus?

edit : Been in ketosis for atleast two week while only losing 1 lb

Corky said:
Sight come on man...

I've been on a low-carb diet combined with rigirious excercise but whatever I'll do I can't seem to break the 175 lbs barrier. Anyone got any tips to break through these plateaus?

How many calories a day are you taking in?

NomarTyme

Corky said:
Sight come on man...

More detail. Also what are you eating?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
1700ish

100g eggwhites
50g cheese
1port whey
200g chicken breast fillet vegetables
200g salmon/red meat
50g seedmix,sun,sesame,flax
1 port casein

4x gym per week
6x 20km biking per week

written on iphone in bed, excuse brevity/spelling

NomarTyme

Corky said:
1700ish

100g eggwhites
50g cheese
1port whey
200g salmon/red meat
1 port casein

4x gym per week
6x 20km biking per week

Drop the cheese, whey, seeds, and decrease your chicken consumption. Eat the whole egg, eat more red meat and fish. What exactly do you do in the gym? also you seem like a very active person and you need to eat more if you're do that much stuff. Do you get enough sleep too?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've read from multiple places that dairy products will slow or stop weight loss.

Outside of my cheat meal/day, I only have a tiny bit of whole milk in my coffee once or twice a week. I love dairy products, but I'd rather keep on the weight loss track at least until I reach my goal.

nomster

Zefah said:
I've read from multiple places that dairy products will slow or stop weight loss.

Outside of my cheat meal/day, I only have a tiny bit of whole milk in my coffee once or twice a week. I love dairy products, but I'd rather keep on the weight loss track at least until I reach my goal.
This is purely anecdotal, but I ate ton of dairy during my weight loss. I'd guess up to half of my calories on some days. Lost 50-60 in a year.

I'm probably going to start going on a (almost completely) vegetable and fruit based diet starting tomorrow. Is there any specific vegetables and fruits I should eat more of? Any of them that I should avoid? Also, I'm probably going to eat a small serving of assorted nuts daily as well. When should I start reintroducing meat/fish and how often should I eat them?

Sorry for the barrage of questions haha....

Xelinis

Corky said:
1700ish

100g eggwhites
50g cheese
1port whey
200g salmon/red meat
1 port casein

4x gym per week
6x 20km biking per week

Your protein-to-fat ratio is not where it should be. A proper ketogenic diet is 65% fat and 35% protein to optimize ketone production. Dietary fat will also keep you fuller for longer, especially saturated fat. Drop the whey and casein, only have the seeds if you're hungry (almonds are better though, especially raw ones). Eat your egg yolks and swap the chicken breast for thighs (better macros for this diet + cheaper + tastier).

maxxpower

Zefah said:

If I'm not mistaken dairy products make you absorb more water so you weigh more and look fatter. I have tried a dairy free diet and a diet that included dairy products, I did feel lighter when I wasn't eating/drinking dairy products.

Xelinis

Emperor Bohe said:
I'm probably going to start going on a (almost completely) vegetable and fruit based diet starting tomorrow. Is there any specific vegetables and fruits I should eat more of? Any of them that I should avoid? Also, I'm probably going to eat a small serving of assorted nuts daily as well. When should I start reintroducing meat/fish and how often should I eat them?

Sorry for the barrage of questions haha....

That sounds like it could be a very low calorie diet that will leave you feeling tired and hungry most of the time. Many of us on here are advocates of low-carb dieting. If that's something you'd be interested in, the first thing I recommend you do is check out this film: http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head.

Xelinis

Zefah said:

Uhhh...

Some people react poorly to dairy on a gastrointestinal level (read: gas), but that aside, unless you are on a low-carb diet and can't afford to ingest the lactose content found in milk, it should be just fine.

The human body isn't meant to digest dairy especially the amount we're generally exposed to.

I would strongly recommend avoiding it, if anything cheese. Bad fats, high calories.

Not good.

Congrats everyone looking great.

Xelinis

Buckethead said:
I would strongly recommend avoiding it, if anything cheese. Bad fats, high calories.

Bad fats? No.

The saturated fat found in cow milk is made up of short and medium chain fatty acids, both of which don't require bile to digest and readily converted to ketones and used as energy right away.

I made up some beet chips today. Just sliced beets with cinnamon and cooked in the oven. Delicious little dessert.
High in vitamins, but low in calories.

Top Bottom