• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to 2021...When do you expect the next wave of next-gen game updates?

With the holidays behind us, and next gen now a few months old...how long are we going to have to wait before we get more media on next (cough, current) gen games?

hopefully not until around E3...

there are a few notable next gen releases looming soon:

Returnal
Resident Evil 8
Ratchet and Clank
Kena: Bridge of Spirits

it still feels so odd that we don’t have more footage of next gen titles. For instance, almost nothing from Ubisoft, EA, or Take 2.

Microsoft has done a lot of teasing and that’s it..,

Sony’s shown the most, but when will we see more of Horizon 2, GT7, or GoW2?

I kind of liked the ps3 days where we’d get new trainers of games pretty frequently....seems Sony is continuing their strategy of not showing a whole lot...

truth411

Kena: BoS is a cross gen game.
Also since Returnal comes out in March that has to mean sony is pushing RatchetnClank into Q2/3 since Deathloop (timed exclusive) comes out in May.
In any case Sony's 2021 Lineup is Stacked.

Last edited:
Here’s my guess:

March - Returnal
April - Resident Evil 8 (if rumors are true)
May - Deathloop
June - Ratchet
October - Horizon 2
November - GT7
December - God of War 2

I suspect some projects will get delayed as they inevitably do. For instance, I think Square wants FF16 to be 2021, but I think it’s a 2022 game.

Rikkori

Not much before March I reckon, but from what I hear 2021 is kinda fucked because all the damage the pandemic did affected titles for this year more than for 2020 (since they were nearly done and was mostly wrapping up). So I have low expectations overall, but I'd be happy to at least hear of Kingdom Come 2 & XCOM 3 as well as Deck13's new title.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Hood Outlaws and Legends releases May 7th
Arrowhead Studios next game and Factions II hopefully get revealed at Sony's E3 replacement event in June.

Top Bottom