• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to St Albans House - Playground Games RPG studio

nikolino840

She left Playground Games for Ubisoft, a year later she decided she is coming backšŸ¤·.
Maybe Is a member of playground spy section PG6

OAb5GaH.jpg

Enjay

Banned
What is it with all of these weird creepy pointless sleepovers that video game developers are having with yous latey? Are there any games being worked on?

Concept art looks amazing. Be it a personal piece or not, the dude has some crazy good imagination.

I've never been a fan of racing games but i can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that Forza has been a franchise that has consistently delivered a high-quality experience, across multiple generations and through the noise of the Xbox One launch.

If the same team is working on an RPG, then I say bring it on. I have no doubt that it will be something very special

Concept art looks amazing. Be it a personal piece or not, the dude has some crazy good imagination.

I've never been a fan of racing games but i can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that Forza has been a franchise that has consistently delivered a high-quality experience, across multiple generations and through the noise of the Xbox One launch.

If the same team is working on an RPG, then I say bring it on. I have no doubt that it will be something very special
It very explicitly is not the same team; it's a new team built from the ground up. With that said, PG still do the hires and they've been taking their sweet time with it. Nothing wrong with being optimistic about these guys!

Last edited:
It very explicitly is not the same team; it's a new team built from the ground up. With that said, PG still do the hires and they've been taking their sweet time with it. Nothing wrong with being optimistic about these guys!

A new team is just an extension of the old team. It seems that PG have the atmosphere and ethos to promote greatness, which in-turn makes for a fantastic product.

PG are a testament to gaming, they are never brought up in a negative light in fanboy wars because it's not possible and their output has been consistently top drawer.

Xenon

Thank you for your approval I can now feel Justified for it.:messenger_winking_tongue:

I was always under the impression that some team members broke off to form this new team but that's a complete assumption on my part.

Thank you for your approval I can now feel Justified for it.:messenger_winking_tongue:

I was always under the impression that some team members broke off to form this new team but that's a complete assumption on my part.
I mean, it might be a few, but not to the extent that it matters, really.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Microsoftā€™s best studio by a country mile, and one of the few to be excited about. I hope Fable 4 turns out amazing.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Ninja Theory's Hellblade team, The Initiative, Obsidian, the new Halo director, and both Playground games studios. There is alot to be excited about.
That and I'm stoked it looks like MS will have at least 3 freaking RPG teams inexile, obsidian and playgrounds second studio. This is a place they can differentiate themselves from Sony and Nintendo. Let playground do more witcher fable style RPGs, inexile to do them turn based and second team for action RPGs and obsidian for fall out style RPGs. That will get wallet to open up big time. Exciting times are instore for the future if you enjoy diverse RPGs.

quest

Not Banned from OT
InXile's next project is ARPG and Obsidian is doing fantasy.
You maybe right I just can't see MS sidelining that talent at inexile at turn based strategy RPGs and build them up to 2 team. Especially since those probably can be turned out in relative fast order. I also cannot imagine MS not building up obsidian to many teams so they can get started on a outer worlds sequel ASAP.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
You maybe right I just can't see MS sidelining that talent at inexile at turn based strategy RPGs and build them up to 2 team. Especially since those probably can be turned out in relative fast order. I also cannot imagine MS not building up obsidian to many teams so they can get started on a outer worlds sequel ASAP.

Bernkastel

No, there is no actively developed third project at Playground Games. Stop believing random people in twitter. If you make a thread about this, I will report you and haunt you throughout the site

Bernkastel

So, this imgur post has been making rounds in Reeee, Reddit and Twitter. I am sorry to tell you guys, it has nothing to do with their RPG project.
The leak

I traced one of them back to the ArtStation profile of Don Arceta, Art Director of Playground Games, posted last year
don-arceta-trail.jpg

In the comments he said
This is pure tessellation. Tessellation is good if you want to get a visual quickly in game. Probably not viable for realtime games as you'll need a lot of subdivisions. If I were to make this for a game I would've used displacement in zbrush on my simple mesh and generate the low poly there. Then use the new displacement map from zbrush and do tessellation in unreal. One of the drawbacks of tessellation is the lighting. The lighting gets precomputed against the low poly mesh and not the tessellated one. which can cause some lighting errors.
In his LinkedIn he made it obvious that he is mostly involved with the Forza team, not the RPG Team

So, this imgur post has been making rounds in Reeee, Reddit and Twitter. I am sorry to tell you guys, it has nothing to do with their RPG project.
The leak

I traced one of them back to the ArtStation profile of Don Arceta, Art Director of Playground Games, posted last year
don-arceta-trail.jpg

In the comments he said

In his LinkedIn he made it obvious that he is mostly involved with the Forza team, not the RPG Team

Someone seeing what they want to see in light of that Xbox leak from a few days ago perhaps.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Opinions vary. Fable did well when it was released on the OG Xbox, maybe not as good in hindsight but decent for its time.
I fell for the Molyneux hype, so I was super underwhelmed. The game had very little content.

Malio

Looks like a nice place to sleep and live during the 90 hour week crunch-time!

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

Is St Albans some Fable reference then or is the studio based in the posh boy English City named after "that Roman soldier who had his head cut off for protecting a Christian priest" ???
Bit of a history lesson for non UK residents, there.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Expecting the July Xbox showcase to be huge for PlayGround Games. Fully expecting them to reveal Forza Horizon 5 which I believe will be a Series X launch title. Then of course, the long rumored Fable reboot which im hoping to be their version of The Witcher 3 but set in the world of Fable. Can't fucking wait!!!

Top Bottom