• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

Jethalal

Banned
Even after viewing the alerts, their number still appears on the tab at the top of the browser when I switch to another page.

L3nuKIX.jpg

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Nice! However the quotes don't display properly, they don't show the whole post. This is on mobile, on quoted posts that are longer than a few lines. I can post a screenshot if needed.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

We are happy to announce that the new NeoGAF update is now live! There are several new features available, so let's go over them:

New posting box:
We've updated a few of the features of the posting box and how it looks and works in general.

FKJzjH1.png

1. You can choose your thread type here. You can either start a discussion (general thread) or a poll (thread with voting options). This is pretty similar to what we have now (adding a poll to a thread) but is just laid out a bit differently and will allow us to potentially provide some interesting new options in the future.
2. The icons and formatting options have been simplified. The most used features have been made more prominent and are more easily accessible. This new system will also better scale to user's screens. For example, on a smaller screen like a phone the posting box may look like this:
cste5Fl.png

3. You can hit the three dots at the end of each menu section to see more options. The wider your screen is, the less icons will be pushed into this sub-menu.
VUn6LDt.png

4. The preview functionality will now show you a preview of your post directly inside the post box itself, saving room on the screen. You can toggle the preview on and off with the box that floats on the right hand side of the post box.

Latest threads:
You can now view the latest threads directly from the sidebar.
a6ZXMkf.png

Clicking this will take you to a list of all the newest threads

SXqmbot.png

Quick GIFs
Who doesn't love GIFs? Now you can search for and add GIFs directly into a posts - simply click the GIF button in the editor:

9L5E0Wv.png

Once you find the perfect GIF, just click on it and it will be immediately inserted into your post.

* This GIF feature is subject to break when we first roll it out, we are working with Giphy to set the correct API limits based on usage.

erection GIF
jerk off jonah hill GIF

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Some bugs I've found. Didn't read the thread, so not sure if mentioned.

I get notifications on the tab, but not on the notification bell.

Can't highlight text in the reply box, as in the one I'm using now.

Can't expand view when someone quotes a long post that needs to be expanded.

Doczu

It's great that i can finally embed videos, links and spoilers without having to code it manually on my mobile.
However i see that thebutton to see your post before posting is gone. A small tragedy, will have an impact on drunk posting 😉

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Evil,

One thing I noticed is in the reply box, if you try to left click and highlight any text (turn it blue), there is no blue. Behind the scenes it is highlighting it though because you can still cut and paste what you invisibly highlighted.

Outside of the reply box, the blue highlighting works like normal.

I also tried closing Chrome, and reopening the program and logging into GAF thinking it might be a browser issue when the site updated, but it didn't fix it.

(EDIT: DragoonKain said the same thing above 15 minutes ago. So avoid this post.)

Last edited:

Miles708

Post box looks quite a bit more reliable on mobile, hope it lasts.

Is it just me, or have you added lazy-loading on all images?
I'm using Firefox Android.

Edit: nice update anyway.

Last edited:
I'm really happy to see this place come back alive and see the improvements over time since the mass exodus.

I've been lurking for about 4 years before I finally made an account this year (thanks quarantine!) and yeah, ups and downs, but still a forum I find myself going to every single day.

Thanks for the new update Neogaf team!

v_iHuGi

Banned
I think you'll all enjoy the new Giphy integration, as well as the various quality of life improvements.

Thanks to Palliasso Palliasso and @Gromph for heading up the upgrade. We're working out the kinks so bear with us, it's a significant change, and feel free to give us feedback.

And special thanks to @Yui's Empire for suggesting we implement a Latest Threads tab.

Full Stack Development Team on Point.

Bill Murray Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Doczu

EviLore EviLore

Notifications don't work on android/chrome.

I get a red bubble on the menu button, but after clicking on the button the notification is gone. Nothing on the bell, but the new posts/quotes/likes are there, but they look like they are already read.

Editing of posts is not as functional. The shading color/transparency over text to be edited is wayyyyy too transparent on white theme. It was better before. As a heavy edit user I'm dissappointeeed.gif. Everything else looks great tho..

Last edited:
Top Bottom