• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

Cool update. Meanwhile I still can't see most images/gifs on my phone. It's just space, I know there should be something there but there isn't. :'(
(Android, OnePlus 6T, WiFi)

Edit: also tried adding a gif, nothing. I click on one, it freezes and nothing.
henry rollins GIF

Edit2: Just took a while I guess.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The mark notification as read or unread does not seem to work on iPhone (iOS 14.3) at the moment. Otherwise very much appreciated update (makes it much much easier to use .gif or to edit a post with the ability to save drafts too!).

Correction: now, after trying again, it changes the unread alerts badge on the menu on the top left, but not the actual alerts I asked to mark as unread. I was going to post screenshots, but I guess the “upload your own image” feature is either currently not working or removed. I did not see it in the changelog though.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Known issue, we'll look into it tomorrow.

Sorry EviLore, just continuing from my previous post. The ability to upload images from the phone to NeoGAF, was this removed and thus could be added to the OP’s “Changelog” or is it a known issue? Could it come back as a Gold perk if removed?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Sorry EviLore, just continuing from my previous post. The ability to upload images from the phone to NeoGAF, was this removed and thus could be added to the OP’s “Changelog” or is it a known issue? Could it come back as a Gold perk if removed?

Hey Pana. The imgur upload functionality we had stopped working with this update. We'll fix it if possible.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Hey Pana. The imgur upload functionality we had stopped working with this update. We'll fix it if possible.

Is the notifications thingamajig bugged? If I move from gaming to offtopic or basically anything that changes the page it shows me for a second or two that I have a notification and then it vanishes. Also no idea what mark as read does but ain't working for me.

Last edited:
Congrats to the team!

Reporting a bug.

Inside the posting box, selected words and paragraphs do not show up highlighted, as in when you select in order to delete. It's very befuddling.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
One thing I noticed (not about the update specifically) is that some of the number keys work as hotkeys for accessing certain pages, like the marketplace and the streams page, however these are not really frequently visited pages. It'd be nice if say 1-4 would take you to Gaming, Communities, OT and Pol.

vewn

As a frequent mobile GAFer I'd love to see some improvements to jumping between sites on phone.
It would be really nice if the nav bar stayed attached to the top of the screen instead of on top of the sites body. It could disappear when scrolling down and re-appear when scrolling up.

Kev Kev

Cool line ^
Happy Oh Yeah GIF

Line crazy

Oh shit the preview is so much better! And everything in general is smoother and quicker. Well done 🤙

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Eh, something was changed for the worse and now my Firefox/Edge windows need to be at least ~2430 pixels wide to fit 4 tweets as embeds in a row/line when previously a browser window of ~2252 pixels width was more than enough (without the sidebar in both cases). Now I have to rethink my desktop arrangement...

Last edited:
Top Bottom