• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well I did it...

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
That's weird.
Weird? Perhaps.
Worth it? Oh yes it was.

Either way my ignore list is now empty and will hopefully stay that way. Besides some of the users that I would have wanted to ignore for actual good reasons have been thankfully dealt with permanent bans.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I love you so much that I don’t even think of putting you there
Love ya bro!
predator.gif

Tesseract

Banned
steel man technique as much as you can

worst case you get stabbed in the heart pretty irregularly (with any luck)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Ignore is a tool. It is a filter. Nothing wrong with using it. Think of all the potential waste of time flame wars that ignoring gets rid of.

Yep. I’ve been a heavy user of ignore feature on forums for years. I come for info and fun chats and have no qualms blocking users and threads that take away from that. I’m not coming to debate and argue. No one online is changing my mind on shit, and I have no interest in changing other’s minds. I just like shooting the shit and giving my thoughts on gaming and random things and reading some others takes when they can express them civilly and intelligently.

People that are rude, hostile, full of nothing but shitty hot takes, overly negative, want to argue about everything, trolls, console warriors/fanboys and people with views I find offensive go on ignore. Keeps me having fun on my visits and avoids temptation to get into arguments that pull threads off topic. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

logicslayer

I have 6 people on my list. 2 of which have been permabanned so I don't feel too bad about it. I guess I can remove those 2 from my list :D

NeoGaf is doing okay though. I have massive block/ignore lists on practically all social media sites. I have little time for negativity and assholes.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I absolutely understand the feeling, Kagey K Kagey K . :messenger_pensive:

I usually never place anyone on ignore, but it finally happened for the first time a few days ago. It didn't really matter I guess, as he was permanently banned the next day anyway.

I usually feel that just about anyone can become a friend even when having vastly different views on things. It takes a lot of narcissistic self-importance and discourtesy for me to give up on coming to friendly terms with someone.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I absolutely understand the feeling, Kagey K Kagey K . :messenger_pensive:

I never put anyone on ignore, but it finally happened for the first time a few days ago. It didn't really matter I guess, as he was permanently banned the next day anyway.

I usually feel that just about anyone can become a friend even when having vastly different views on things. It takes a lot of narcissistic self-importance and discourtesy for me to give up on coming to friendly terms with someone.

Surely you can’t be talking about my sweet departed boy 5secondrulesucks?

The Snake

I added someone to my ignore list within like, two months of joining here. You all seem like fine folks but holy hell is this site loaded with nitpickers and hair splitters, arguing over the dumbest shit.

I generally try to keep an open channel on everyone's voice but this person would just pick apart every little thing and it added nothing at all to any conversation they took part in. Waste of space on my screen.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Surely you can’t be talking about my sweet departed boy 5secondrulesucks?

Nah, 5secondrulesucks 5secondrulesucks and I were on friendly terms. Although his early posts seemed to be just trying to get a rise out of everyone...he eventually came to be pretty funny sometimes. I wish him all the best. :)

I didn't really try to carry any conversations with this person. It was entirely based on their posting history, which I still feel bad about...but I didn't have the energy to try to reason with him. :lollipop_pensive:

I know you wanna know who he is, so I'll just say...he was far and away the most internet-badass ExplosiveOfficer! you could ever have hoped to meet. May he rest in peace. 🌷

Last edited:

DESTROYA

I don’t see any problem ignoring Aholes that just spew garbage, I’ve done it once but don’t think they post here anymore....hello..hello...dammit.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Banned
I use to put people on ignore like i was popping pez candy but i realized at some point that putting idiots on ignore just gave them more room to spew hate and ignorance without you or i being able to call them out on their hate and lies and ignorance, so yeah no ignore for idiots, just push back when it is called for.

Sleepydays

Banned
There's a few people on here who's posts are consistently dreadful and disruptive, so I have them on ignore. Then they start a shit-fest and I see the reactions, meaning I'm compelled to click the 'Show ignored content' button, just to confirm they're being assholes, which means they rile me anyways. So fuck me, I suppose?

Mista

Banned
There's a few people on here who's posts are consistently dreadful and disruptive, so I have them on ignore. Then they start a shit-fest and I see the reactions, meaning I'm compelled to click the 'Show ignored content' button, just to confirm they're being assholes, which means they rile me anyways. So fuck me, I suppose?
No, fuck them.

Top Bottom