• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well... looks like Rune Factory 4 IS coming out in Europe after all

L~A

I was looking at the recent USK ratings on their website, and I found this...

sanstitre1nqza8.png

As you can see, it's recent, so it's not an old rating from before the "cancellation". Since the publisher is XSEED / Marvelous USA, it's probably digital only. Language is English-only.

Source

Thank you very much XSEED. I will now buy the fuck out of this game.

Just don't pull a SMTIV when it comes to "announcing" the release date.

Zareka

Well there's both my reasons for importing a US DS coming to Europe now.

Glad that others will be able to play this though! It's such a great game. I was really surprised at how much I got in to it. I just wish my version didn't crash all the time. :(

And lol I will not know how to react if this comes before SMT IV. That would be amazing.

Come on GAF let's go conspiracy style =P

They "cancelled it" in order to cover up their delay for Europe!

XD Hope it's not digital only like SMT4...=S

But I thought the developer went bankrupt hence why it got cancelled in Europe.

I think this was the reason given for why they couldn't add other European localizations (and maybe bug fixes?), which then torpedoed the European release. Based on the new rating filing, it sounds like the solution was to say "screw it, English only!"

Meneses

I was looking at the recent USK ratings on their website, and I found this...

As you can see, it's recent, so it's not an old rating from before the "cancellation". Since the publisher is XSEED / Marvelous USA, it's probably digital only. Language is English-only.

Source

If true, good news.

However, after the SMT IV debacle, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think this was the reason given for why they couldn't add other European localizations (and maybe bug fixes?), which then torpedoed the European release. Based on the new rating filing, it sounds like the solution was to say "screw it, English only!"

Nah they were never gonna add any other European languages =/

L~A

Come on GAF let's go conspiracy style =P

They "cancelled it" in order to cover up their delay for Europe!

XD Hope it's not digital only like SMT4...=S

As shown in the OP, Publisher is XSEED / Marvelous USA... not Marvelous Europe, so Digital-only is pretty much confirmed I'm afraid. English-only too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
As shown in the OP, Publisher is XSEED / Marvelous USA... not Marvelous Europe, so Digital-only is pretty much confirmed I'm afraid. English-only too.
Would be fine for me, if it's 20 euros like SMT4.

Great news anyway.

Ah very true, but Zen United did publish the retail versions of Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning and Senran Kagura I believe in the UK at least, but yeah guessing digital only as well.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Good news! Rune Factory 4 is a great game.

Glad my Eurobros will finally be able to play it.

scamander

Banned

I really don't care; I'm just glad we get it at all. It was my plan to import the new 3DS from the US solely for this game (+ cheap Atlus games) and now I don't have to- awesome. :)

Oh, my bad then. So I guess they just needed dev support for bugs that came up in certification? What else would they need devs for?

Oh well. Congratulations, Europe!

Think they said they needed to devs in order to change the region coding to work on EU 3DSs and probably like you said in case of bugs maybe, so they may have found someone to work on the code.

Okay this is going to be a fun race, SMTIV vs. RF4...

For those of you unaware a USK rating requires the game to be fully played and it costs more than a PEGI rating. As a result it is something you would only do if you were serious about a release.

Apparently the cancellation was very frustrating for everyone involved and it was announced becuase the others options had been exhausted.

I wonder if someone at NOE stepped in and hacked the game or maybe it emerged that the bits of code needed was rediscovered.

I look forward to hearing the behind the scenes truth in about 15 years time.

For those of you unaware a USK rating requires the game to be fully played and it costs more than a PEGI rating. As a result it is something you would only do if you were serious about a release.

Apparently the cancellation was very frustrating for everyone involved and it was announced becuase the others options had been exhausted.

I wonder if someone at NOE stepped in and hacked the game or maybe it emerged that the bits of code needed was rediscovered.

I look forward to hearing the behind the scenes truth in about 15 years time.

Maybe they hired a romhacker lol

Or maybe a fan did it on their own

L~A

Well, it's not just that... cancellation was announced roughly 9 months ago, so it'd be super weird for them to send the game to the USK like that.

No idea what happened, though. Maybe they took note of the fan distress after the cancellation, and finally decided to try anyway...

For the price, it's probably not going to be very expensive... Senran Kagura Burst was "only" 34.55€, and it was a timely release.

My money is on 29.99€, most likely.

Company who made the game went under between the us release and the euro release, don't think the publisher got the source code

Oh. Now I'm slightly disappointed. I imagined ninja's hijacking the computers and deleting all files while keeping the staff hostage.

But this was a known scenario - I only never linked it to hacking the rom. There was an easier solution, though.
Making the 3DS region free. But let's not jinx it until we have this game.

Kirie

I'm so excited for European players! I've put well over 500 hours into both my Japanese/English copies and oddly enough it's come to be one of my favorite games.

It's really hard to go back to HM after it, especially because there's so much dialogue..you can go a year in-game talking to everyone without having repeat text, whereas HM they repeat after a couple of days. So much stuff to do.

I would break my vow never to buy full scale retail releases on the eshop if this comes over, the cancellation was absolutely crushing. Cheers XSeed.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Well well. Imported the US version but I still have no means to play it. Great to hear that it's supposedly coming.

L~A

Company who made the game went under between the us release and the euro release, don't think the publisher got the source code

Err... no. Marvelous has the source code. Problem was the main programmer didn't join Marvelous after Neverland went under, so they didn't have anyone familiar enough with the code to modify it for EU release.

But from the looks of it, they managed to do it anyway, or maybe Nintendo stepped in and helped... dunno. But there's no hacks involved, no way Nintendo's gonna greenlit that sort of stuff.

Top Bottom