• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well... looks like Rune Factory 4 IS coming out in Europe after all

m0t0k1

XSEED doing a copy and paste localization is a brilliant idea. But I know that's limiting to those who don't speak English though. :(

I can't remember any of the DS rune factories having any other language option then English. So I guess that is not a problem for people already interested in the series

MQX

Thank you Xseed/Tom/the person who made this possible.

happy-crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.IJ0ACrBwJO.gif

Thank you ;_;
The only downside would be digital only and the price(if it's going to be €39,99 :/). I hope this game doesn't get delayed like SMTIV -_-.

Dee Dee

Man, the odyssees of this and SMTIV are worth their own movies.

Also, there is no doubt in my mind this will come out in Europe before SMTIV.

TheMoon

XSEED doing a copy and paste localization is a brilliant idea. But I know that's limiting to those who don't speak English though. :(

Not to step on anyone's toes but it's not like they don't teach English in all relevant countries here. Everyone really interested in this (esp. since it seems to be digital only) should be able to manage. Even if the occasional joke doesn't land because of it.

Joqu

This and SMT4 were the only reasons I ever wanted an american 3DS / region free mod. Pretty happy to know I won't have to do any of that, it wasn't looking good for Rune Factory 4 before this. Yay. :)

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Not happening, UNLESS it's under the Marvelous Europe label, but the rating is by XSEED and Marvelous USA, so that basically guarantees a digital-only release.
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus as an example is published by Marvelous Europe, and it's digital only. They relied on Zen United for physical games previously, but I believe they said that they're going start taking care of themselves from now on, and having their own physical games distribution down the line.
But I have no idea why Marvelous USA is doing this, it doesn't make sense. I won't complain though.

flohen95

Digital only is... ugh. I fear that it's only going to be worse from here on out since digital downloads become more "mainstream", making it an easy decision for publishers to go the save route when it comes to Europe and publish digital only.

In this case though, it's definitely either this or nothing, since the release had already been canceled, which makes it hurt a little less. Nice that the game is coming out over here after all, in some form at least.

Oh. Now I'm slightly disappointed. I imagined ninja's hijacking the computers and deleting all files while keeping the staff hostage.

But this was a known scenario - I only never linked it to hacking the rom. There was an easier solution, though.
Making the 3DS region free. But let's not jinx it until we have this game.

You have too much imagination lol

ONM just reviewed SMT IV, maybe it's coming soon?

http://nintendoeverything.com/onm-114-review-scores/

Hyrule Warriors – 87%
Fantasy Life – 94%
SteamWorld Dig – 90%
Mario Golf: Advance Tour – 84%
Shin Megami Tensei IV – 81%
Meaningless. ONM reviewed the following games early:
Starfox Command - 2 months early
Freshly Picked Tingles Rosey Rupeeland ~6 months early (given no other news on the game being localsied and it being the April issue I thought April Fool)
Metyroid Prime Pinball - A year early
Drill Dozer - Infinity early

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sweet, Rune Factory 4 looked really cool. It'll be a fun diversion to play while I wait for SMTIV

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This should be true. The USK only rate games they actually have in their possesion and completely played through themselves.

Does this mean games with game breaking bugs won't get rated by the USK? Because, german censorship aside, that's pretty nice.

Lusankya

Does this mean games with game breaking bugs won't get rated by the USK? Because, german censorship aside, that's pretty nice.

I guess only if the game breaking bug appears 100% of the time and literally prevents you from finishing the game.

However the person playing through the game isn't directly responsible for the age rating:

How is a game classified and who decides on its age categorisation?

Criteria
Fixed criteria apply to the classification of computer games. These have been
jointly developed by the USK and the Representatives of the Supreme Youth
Protection Authorities of the Federal States according due consideration to the
evaluation practice of the BPjM (see also pages 17 to 37).

Game testers
Game testers are provided with the training they need to fulfil this demanding
task during a probationary period at the USK. They completely play through
all games submitted and present them to a Classification Committee. Testers
do not recommend an age classification.

Child protection experts
Since 2003, a Classification Committee at the USK has comprised four child
protection experts and one Permanent Representative of the Supreme Youth
Protection Authorities of the Federal States (OLJB). The more than 50 child
protection experts need to be approved by the Advisory Council.
Child protection experts are independent of both the USK and the computer
games industry. They may not work in the industry. They have gained experience
working with media and young persons aged under 18 by working in
such areas as youth social services, academic research, church institutions,
the Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons (BPjM), voluntary
associations providing support to young persons or in other professional
fields. Many also have experience of working for other self-regulation bodies,
for instance the FSK (Voluntary Self Regulation Body of the Movie Industry)
or FSF (Voluntary Television Self Regulation Body).

So, actually the USK don't even rate the games, but only prepare everything necessary so that the "Child protection experts" can rate it instead.

Top Bottom