• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Western J-Stars Victory Vs+ has all the characters from the JP version

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Cross-posting from the other thread:

Alright, embargo's over. I'm glad to reveal that I was wrong :D

Bamco somehow managed to fit every single J-Stars Victory Vs character into the Western version.

Here's video proof. Video's from a friend, but I'm the one being absolutely terrible.

Rejoice.

Edit: Stuff that's new in the Western version:

- New Arcade mode;
- Balance adjustments (like fewer invincibility frames).

rhandino

Banned
YhWK3Jd.gif

This is amazing, Day 0.

Mengetsu

Wow the copyright hoops were tossed aside like a cheep trick! Namco trying with western releases I really appreciate it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whoa, that's impressive. A shame this couldn't happen when Jump Superstars was a thing...

I'm also impressed that the names are accurate. No weird translations or anything (unless I missed something)

Whoa, that's impressive. A shame this couldn't happen when Jump Superstars was a thing...

I'm also impressed that the names are accurate. No weird translations or anything (unless I missed something)

Really the only Jump franchise that would have name changes is JoJo, but this game only includes Jonathan and Joseph so no copyright issues.

sensui-tomo

Really the only Jump franchise that would have name changes is JoJo, but this game only includes Jonathan and Joseph so no copyright issues.

I'm also guessing we wont have the Anisong version due to that being a worse copyright hell than just getting the characters. Seeing this happen really makes me wonder why atlus isnt able to get the rights to those durarara characters but BN can do it for these characters.

kewlmyc

Awesome! Can't wait to blast fools as Koro-sensei and Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo-bo.

Hopefully the game isn't as bad as importers said it is.

Revven

so... is the game any good? Looks like tenkaichi.

I haven't played it but from what I've watched of the original Japanese release it looks fun. I think it is made by the same guys who did Tenkaichi and the DBZ Arcade-only game Zenkai Battle Royale (it's the same engine and combat except without flight for everyone?)

People who have imported the original Japanese release seem to say it's fun, other than some of the niggling issues it had which are being fixed in this release (such as lower invincibility after you've gotten hit).

Brazil

Any more news about what's new for this version? If I remember, there were gameplay tweaks and a new mode.

There's a new Arcade mode and some balance adjustments. They've seemingly reduced the number of invincibility frames, for example, which is already a great improvement.

rhandino

Banned
Ehh

The Story mode (or whatever it's called) is pretty cool because of all the little nods and the dialogue, but the game itself is bad to average.
I knew there was a catch, I can see this game will be disappointing, gameplay wise, like the Saint Seiya ones then...

tsjzsLG.gif

And to think that we will never get the DS ones.

Will buy even so at least for the fanservice.

Brazil

I knew there was a catch, I can see this game will be like the Saint Seiya ones then...

tsjzsLG.gif

And to think that we will never get the DS ones.

Will buy even so at least for the fanservice.

It's definitely much better than Brave Soldiers.

Cool beans.

I watched some video of the game and it looked really slow. I guess I was hoping for something along the lines of Gundam EXVS :(

rhandino

Banned
It's definitely much better than Brave Soldiers.
I mean in the gameplay part, I bought that trash to play with my brother and ended up giving it to someone else which was insane from me since I love the franchise... mess

I saw videos of this, at least it will be dumb fun and it has my dream match of Seiya vs Goku =P

Edit: Edited my first post to explain myself a little better =D

Brazil

I mean in the gameplay part, I bought that trash to play with my brother and ended up giving it to someone else which was insane from me since I love the franchise... mess

I saw videos of this, at least it will be dumb fun and it has my dream match of Seiya vs Goku =P

Edit: Edited my first post to explain myself a little better =D

Yeah, no, that game was a travesty. I'm glad they're taking their time before trying again with the franchise.

salromano

Here's what I never understood, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all of these characters belong to Shonen Jump? I understand licensing issues, but if all of these characters belongs to one entity, then what would make people think one character would make it in while another would be cut?

Same situation for Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax. I remember seeing a bunch of people saying it wouldn't make it overseas because of licensing issues. (I thought it just wouldn't have much appeal to bring west.) But Dengeki Bunko owns all those characters, no?

Memory

Have this already on PS3 but im double dipping for PS4 west verison. My only gripe was the invincible frames so im glad they are getting reduced. Shame they couldnt add more characters though, would have loved for supports to get full movesets.

Day 1 baby.

Brazil

Here's what I never understood, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all of these characters belong to Shonen Jump? I understand licensing issues, but if all of these characters belongs to one entity, then what would make people think one character would make it in while another would be cut?

Same situation for Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax. I remember seeing a bunch of people saying it wouldn't make it overseas because of licensing issues. (I thought it just wouldn't have much appeal to bring west.) But Dengeki Bunko owns all those characters, no?

These characters are owned by Jump in Japan, but various other companies deal with distribution rights for their respective franchises in other territories. It's a mess.

Reknoc

Awesome! Can't wait to blast fools as Koro-sensei and Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo-bo.

Hopefully the game isn't as bad as importers said it is.

It's not especially good but I liked it, think it did a good job of capturing the feel of the respective series.

UCBooties

Wow, I still have a hard time believing this and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax are coming to the west. What's next, Super Robot Wars?

Please be Super Robot Wars...

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I still have a hard time believing this and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax are coming to the west. What's next, Super Robot Wars?

Please be Super Robot Wars...

For that to happen, Bamco would have to lighten up on their refusal to export anything Gundam-related AND stop whoring out Macross Frontier in SRW. Just one of those happening would be a miracle, much less both of them.

SykoTech

Always thought this game would somehow get localized, but with each and every character? Nice.

Major props to Namco. Will buy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is great to hear. Though granted, I'd like to know if Anison Edition will make it over (honestly doubting it due to even more licensing issues).

Top Bottom