• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s your favorite class in video games?

One of my favorite classes in games is definitely dragoon, but sadly it’s a rare one. The one after that is probably paladin or “the powerhouse” that’s just insanely strong 💪
Well honestly I usually like all classes in the games I played. :goog_geek:

What’s your favorites?

Final Fantasy Costume GIF

Kuranghi

Whoever can burst!

I couldn't find a meme/gif/video to go with this comment and now I'm a bit sad.

edit - So I guess that means DPSers? Glass cannon classes can be fun but I don't want to think too much.

Last edited:
Magic classes, white or black. Regular weapons are starting to bore me in rpgs. I want more magic staff or spellbook using main characters that focus on nuking and supporting, but there is this perma hard on for sword users.

Whoever can burst!

I couldn't find a meme/gif/video to go with this comment and now I'm a bit sad.

edit - So I guess that means DPSers? Glass cannon classes can be fun but I don't want to think too much.
I feel ya.. tried to find one to mine, but I only found the funny cactuar 😂
that’s interesting! I love glass cannon classes, but I’m not good enough to play them myself!

Magic classes, white or black. Regular weapons are starting to bore me in rpgs. I want more magic staff or spellbook using main characters that focus on nuking and supporting, but there is this perma hard on for sword users.
Yes, casters can be so extremely powerful if done right! Some games don’t balance the magic power to well. But I love games were both magic and melee I needed, depending on the enemy’s!

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I mostly go for Fighter. Because I like to hack and slash. I also love ranger but more like a side option so I'll never pick it as a starting class. I'm thinking about going sorcery in my coming NG+ of DSIII because I've never ever done that.. Still.. those swords are mighty alluring =/

I mostly go for Fighter. Because I like to hack and slash. I also love ranger but more like a side option so I'll never pick it as a starting class. I'm thinking about going sorcery in my coming NG+ of DSIII because I've never ever done that.. Still.. those swords are mighty alluring =/
Haha, it’s a fun class! And I definitely recommend trying sorcerer, you might like it :messenger_smiling:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Partial to what equates to a WoW enhancement shaman - dual wielding two big fucking weapons imbued with magic.

Fbh

I've always liked the hybrid classes that mix physical with magical.

Magical Archer and Mystic Knight in Dragons Dogma
Vanguard in Mass Effect
Arcane Warrior in Dragon Age
etc.

Aenima

Usually go with Warriors. Any class that use swords is my picks. In WoW and TSO my main was Warrior Tank. In FF14 my main was Samurai.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Usually goes to some form of hybrid, I like magic and ranged options with bows. Magic Archer in Dragon's Dogma is probably my favorite class, it's so much fun.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
One of my favorite classes in games is definitely dragoon, but sadly it’s a rare one. The one after that is probably paladin or “the powerhouse” that’s just insanely strong 💪
Well honestly I usually like all classes in the games I played. :goog_geek:

What’s your favorites?

Final Fantasy Costume GIF
Everything Ninja.

Aion002

I like the warrior job/class. Being able to stay in combat without having to worry about dying too fast and being able to deal some damage and support the teammates.

Last edited:

Pejo

Spellblade/red mage/jack of all trades, master of (maybe some?). I like versatility and flexibility most of all out of my classes.

Havoc2049

For sci-fi and contemporary RPGs and FPSs, I usually play a range/support character.
I love playing Rangers in PSO/PSU/PSO2 and I love the DMR in Halo and Mida Multi Tool in Destiny.
ramar.jpg

For fantasy RPGs, I usually play Paladin/Crusader type characters. Bash armor in and heal myself and teammates.
f89876826ac5ebf8666e7c733aaa4e92.jpg

Paltheos

In Diablo-likes, my favorite class are pet-centric ones. In Grim Dawn, I would cackle over teamspeak to my friends whenever I could add another member to my legion as the Necromancer - Was quite pleased to build an army of over a dozen dudes by the end. In Torchlight 2, I played Engineer and loved throwing out spider mines while a few permanent pets trailed behind.

Ironically, in Diablo 3 I went Crusader instead of Witch Doctor or Necromancer but I quite enjoyed the Blessed Hammer and esp. the Heaven's Fury builds - Reigning down lightning on my enemies feels so damn satisfying.

pramod

Banned
Western RPGS:
Barbarians
Paladins

JRPGS:
Mages

Action games:
Snipers/Archers

Since modern Western RPGs tend to be a lot more tactical in nature, mages aren't as useful or critical to your success, it's too easy to hurt your own party with AOE spells, and you need tough armored fighters to be on the frontlines.

Last edited:

nerdface

Banned
i usually lean to healers, specifically any hybrid class that can heal, cause they are fun as shit to try and play two roles at once

i hate games like wow that turned everyone into a hybrid class cause you took my playstyle and just handed it to everyone 😃

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Some tree hippi natureboy woodelf with a bow.
OIP.8a5i6eUmqfmXYs79JG8DpAHaK2

But eventually I just cave to some group support class because longbow ranged classes are usually notoriously awful and selfish for group vs group content.

Top Bottom