• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What am I supposed to do with SteelCases? What do you do?

BigBooper

I get people like different things, but I only have so much space. Now with Steelcases, I have to make twice as much space on my shelf for each game, or throw/give one case away, or sell it.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon has thrown a new wrench into the mix, because I ordered it from BestBuy, the game shipped in an exclusive Steelcase, and came with another Steelcase also with a different design. Now, this is just getting ridiculous. Two Steelcases with one game? What's the world coming to?

For me personally, I like the idea of Steelcases, but my games are stuck in the shelf anyways and all you see is the spine. You aren't able to see the pretty case design anyways. I feel bad about chucking it in the trash though.

Kupfer

Not my pictures, I duckduckgoed them, but some people show off their cases by hanging them on the wall like pictures.
XijMGUE.jpg

tqBFBvv.jpg
I don't have a good place fot this at the moment, but maybe in the future. It'd be a nice detail for a gameroom.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Not my pictures, I duckduckgoed them, but some people show off their cases by hanging them on the wall like pictures.
XijMGUE.jpg

tqBFBvv.jpg
I don't have a good place fot this at the moment, but maybe in the future. It'd be a nice detail for a gameroom.
completely off topic but this is the first time i've seen someone say they've "duckduckgoed" something instead of "googled" lol.

nice cases tho :p i think any kind of physical media/case is just a pure waste of space/material. i think i had a steel case for Battlefield 3. that's probably the only one i've ever owned.

Last edited:

BigBooper

XijMGUE.jpg

tqBFBvv.jpg
Hey, that's pretty neat.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just toss them in a box with some other gaming stuff. I don’t really have any use for them, but for some reason I don’t want to throw them out either.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Assuming they were free? Sell them because they're tacky as hell

FranXico

Only steelcase I have is the Bayonetta-Vanquish Anniversary bundle. Doesn't take too much space IMHO

Last edited:
I used to keep the game in them. Granted back when I was buying steelbooks it was a separate edition and you only got a steelbook. These days there's this odd as fuck trend of including a normal box and a steelbook, which is retarded. Who the fuck wants multiple cases for one copy of a game?

Impotaku

I have only 3 so it's not much of a problem for me they just go on the shelf the 2 on PS4 were persona 5 royal & dragons crown pro and they had the games come in them so it's not like they are extras. Super mario 3D world on switch however came with a steelcase extra so now i have 2 cases for it. Steelcases are nice but i don't go out of my way to collect them or anything.

I usually just sell them to defray the games cost . I am a collector and even I have little use for them . That pic of hanging on the wall is probably the best way to display them , looks decent.

Got one from the Evening with The Last of Us event as a freebie sans disc. It still sits to this day, empty, in one of my plastic crates nearby.

Top Bottom