What are some lesser known TV shows that you think more people should watch.

Dec 18, 2013
I’m not talking about popular shows that people think are niche. I’m talking about shows you never see or read about in this day and age on the internet.

You can even pick ones that used to be top of the class, but the internet seems to have forgotten about them and your kids have never heard of them. Ie Tom Green, Jackass.

I’ll open with Kevin Spencer.
https://www.youtube.com/user/KevinSpencerTV

Pick any episode from that show and see if you like it.

Kenny vs Spenny. A great friend challenge show with the loser getting humiliated.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kennyhotz

Mr Hell.

These are (Or used to be great tv that time has forgot)

Sep 6, 2018
Not really sure if it was well known but 12 monkeys was probably my favorite series besides game of thrones. I binge watched the shit out of it.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2013

Incredible gem on HBO that noone has heard about.

Also I feel like Peep Show gets proper recognition abroad but unfortunately very few americans know about it
I love Peep Show. Definitely a great series
Not really sure if it was well known but 12 monkeys was probably my favorite series besides game of thrones. I binge watched the shit out of it.
I watched a couple episodes of it on Prime Video and it’s veryinteresting. I saw a couple of the Impractical Jokers guest star in the 2nd and 3rd season
Heathers — the TV series. It’s about Resetera.

https://www.paramountnetwork.com/shows/heathers
My G/F and I watched part 1 and I’m not sure we have the stomach to continue the next 7 parts. It felt like I was watching twitter: the tv show. It’s a travesty that they turned such a great movie in to that.

Last edited:

pimentel1

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2018
I love Peep Show. Definitely a great series

I watched a couple episodes of it on Prime Video and it’s veryinteresting. I saw a couple of the Impractical Jokers guest star in the 2nd and 3rd season

My G/F and I watched part 1 and I’m not sure we have the stomach to continue the next 7 parts. It felt like I was watching twitter: the tv show. It’s a travesty that they turned such a great movie in to that.
Dude, you have no idea what you are missing. It is a 10/10 show that actually fixes the ending of the movie. It’s cruel, but it’s damn funny because there’s some scary truth in all of it, especially the ending. You think it’s an anti-SJW series, but if you watch it to the end, it’s so much bigger than that.

Mar 26, 2011
2 shows I would recommend.

The first being taboo with Tom hardy. I think it’s seriously underrated.

The second one is dark - I think it was pretty good once it kicks in episode 3 or 4 and is amazing until the last which imho was kind of a let down and went the generic route. This one is probably more famous than taboo and more people know about it as there was a thread here on gaf about it.

Aug 20, 2018
Rio Rancho, NM
The last ship. One of my all time favorites but never see it mentioned anywhere. Awesome story, great characters and development, and great action.
Castlevania animated show on Netflix. Perhaps the greatest work of animated TV I've ever seen! The art, acting, sound, and story pulled me in after 10 minutes of it being a "background" show.

Jun 7, 2004
Get Shorty. I am eagerly awaiting season 3 of this masterpiece. Living in the UK I have no idea if it's popular in the States, but I don't know anyone else who watches over hear, or has even heard of it.

Dec 16, 2011
Nice to see all the Peep Show fans. Maybe enough have watched. :p

Whenever I mention it to someone they've never heard of it either. It was an interesting and hilarious modern take on "The Odd Couple" (show from the 70's) formula.

Dec 18, 2013
Nice to see all the Peep Show fans. Maybe enough have watched. :p

Whenever I mention it to someone they've never heard of it either. It was an interesting and hilarious modern take on "The Odd Couple" (show from the 70's) formula.
I’m actually pretty surprised also. It always seemed like many people haven’t seen it. I’d also throw The IT Crowd in there, although it always seemed like it was more popular then Peep Show.

Another one I’d suggest that has a bit of a cult following is Party Down

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2014
I'm not Australian, but there's this great Australian comedy called Kath & Kim. Not too hard to get off Amazon or I think it's even on Netflix.

It's a sitcom based on a family, but it's kinda bizarre, has a funny use of language, and is a bit slapstick.

Totally recommended by, er, me! And if you're gonna watch it, watch the series before the films as it's much better, as usual.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017
Into the Badlands

This was supposed to be AMC’s cornerstone after Walking Dead. Martial arts, good characters, script etc. I’ll make it clear, it’s very cheesy and some of the characters can be divas at times so I get why it’s since been dropped, and losing views. Last season was great and nonetheless I think next season will be even better.
Banshee

Show lives up the hype NEOGAF dished out. It’s got gun-slinging, drama and maybe a season or two drag on, overall I don’t get what’s not to like about Banshee.

Nov 25, 2015
Banshee

Show lives up the hype NEOGAF dished out. It’s got gun-slinging, drama and maybe a season or two drag on, overall I don’t get what’s not to like about Banshee.
Yeah, I came to plug this too.
Otherwise now I’ll go with
Santa Clarita Diet
Despite the funny name it is a fantastic show if you’re into dark humour.

Dec 18, 2013
I think Letterkenny is the funniest show on TV right now and barely anyone knows about it.
Me thinks you mights have a points or two when referring to that there show.
Into the Badlands

This was supposed to be AMC’s cornerstone after Walking Dead. Martial arts, good characters, script etc. I’ll make it clear, it’s very cheesy and some of the characters can be divas at times so I get why it’s since been dropped, and losing views. Last season was great and nonetheless I think next season will be even better.
Banshee
I watched season 1 but never came back for 2 or 3, and I love everything Kung Fu.

LEGION

Provided you don't try to understand wherever the hell the story is going, it h
as some of the craziest directing and sound design I've ever seen.
I have the first2 seasons on my PVR but haven’t started it yet. I love the comics and love Aubrey Plaza, so it should be an instant hit. I have just to get myself to click play on it.

Sep 8, 2015
Everyone should watch Dag. It's a norwegian dark comedy about a couple's therapist who dislikes people and thinks they should get divorced. It's touching, funny and smartly written. One of my all time favourite series.

"Dag is a Norwegian comedy series about a marriage counselor who think people should live in solitude. He hates spending time with other people, except from his friend Benedict who is struggling to be faithful in his own relationship. Dag's life changes when his well-meaning sister, Marianne, forces him to go on his nineteenth blind-date with her old childhood friend, Eva."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1711386/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

Jun 5, 2009
Great Smoky Mountains
Oh yeah for sure. I kept seeing those damn Hulu ads every break for Letterkenny and finally decided to catch an episode. I ended up binging the whole damn series. It's hilarious. Excellent soundtrack as well.

Also, Katy is hotter than hell.

Last edited: