• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of your weirdest dreams?

levyjl1988

Banned
Curious to know what the weirdest dreams you've had?

Mine was future movie projects being leaked online, the movies being leaked are movies that haven't been produced yet, movies released from the future.
All Marvel and Star Wars movies and projects, video game ROMs, torrents all leaked online and they are from another dimension and alternate universe.
Movies of What if Heath Ledger didn't die and continued his Joker role in future Dark Knight series, etc.
And studios and companies are bewildered on how to act as it shows future-dated copyright.
What would happen if such a situation were to occur? Actors seeing themselves in movies they have no knowledge of working on.
And the leaker is some time traveler who just wants to fuck around with the past.
Entire decades of Marvel films leaked in advance. It was the biggest holy shit moments.
Wikipedia showing articles from the future, etc.

Anyway, what are some of your weirdest dreams?

Doom85

Can’t say I really remember my weird dreams, most of the details are usually gone after a few hours after waking up.

Now the dreams where certain individuals like Emma Stone and Rihanna showed up, now THOSE I remember.

Oh Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I'm a very active dreamer, and I have some pretty expansive dreams, so this is tough to tackle because of the sheer amount of material. Like recently I dreamed I was taking an english class taught by a duck in a catholic college run by pedophile priests. On the same day some people shot up the college to target the priests, the duck handed back some essays we'd turned in, except rather than return my essay, I was given a feedback sheet that said my essay was so Bad (with a capital B) that they couldn't believe it was real, and they couldn't finish reading it, and it was so ungradable that I had to rewrite the whole thing.
I also had no faith that a duck could teach english, and at one point the duck actually forgot who we were and what it was doing, which I proudly proclaimed to everyone was proof I was right.
A girl also tried to get me to sign something confirming my attempts to drop out, since she said I'd started the process online. I said I'd done no such thing, and when she left, I said thanks. I don't know why.

Lots of my dreams are very long, and I've journaled many of them. I just read part of one and was happy to have the memories flood back, it had some really weird non-euclidean geometry, running outside of a house even though we were actually already outside, a city with completely empty pitch black buildings (and where I only managed to spot two other people), a door on the side of one building which led to an expansive outdoors with a really exciting carnival. A man in a white mask who wanted his blue card back.

I once dreamed that Darius, from the show Atlanta, was robbing a house with Darius. Two of himself, talking to each other as they robbed a house. It was daylight outside, but no one was home.

In one dream, only the elderly were allowed to ride the buses in the streets. Everyone else had to ride buses that flew in the sky, and had to make the trip up by building up. The sky buses never stopped, so you had to build high enough to drop down onto the roof of the bus while it was moving, and then climb in. The setting was dystopic, and no one could afford a car. I had like $40, which made me rather wealthy compared to most. I decided to sneak onto a street bus, and inside it was pitch black. I figured I could get away with it. But after the doors closed, a young woman, looking about eighteen, stood up and slowly moved a flashlight through the seats. I managed to duck out of her view. At the back of the bus were a group of three teenagers who thought they were funny for sneaking in, but when the light struck them the woman pulled out a shotgun and blew them each apart. I got off at the next stop.

One time I dreamed I'd ran away from a really controlling boys orphanage, and after a pretty dangerous adventure and an encounter with a biker gang I ended up returning, because even though they were cruel and would hit us kids, and kept us dressed in uniforms that were pretty embarrassing to have other kids see us in, it was safer than the streets. When I came back, one of the nicer women talked me out of getting punished, which was nice.

Once dreamed I was watching a new Pixar movie in theaters, but it was clearly a low quality pirated screen recording of a Disney+ stream, with added Windows Movie Maker introductory text replacing all the logos and title cards.

I'm really happy I still remember my dreams, when most people seem to just grow out of it.

The frequency of deja vu. And always trivial things, like sitting at a table in a specific restaurant or putting change into a laundry machine.

Weirdest dream I ever had was nearly 20 years ago on Methadone and then Pethidine cause I react badly to Methadone for days on end apparently. My dream was playing like a movie on the curtain to the side of my hospital bed. I was in there for a life saving bile duct/gall bladder operation and that's the pain meds they gave me after the op. I was totally out of it, they put me into a separate room as patients in other beds were complaining about me screaming out apparently. My dream just picked up where it left off anyhow. All sorts of weird shit like flying over fields really low, then falling from space, then just fire burning all over, endless running through streets I'd lived on as a kid, water flooding on and off. It was 3D-ish too. Just playing like a movie on that curtain but pushing out of it like a hologram too. My dream continued on through Halloween memories to business ideas (my company was a start up back then) which had me yelling out stupid phrases and me with no idea what I was awake and actually screaming out vs just dreaming it. Eventually the dream had my wife (then girlfriend) and I shagging on the beach while people walked past and a crowd gathered, all faceless. It just had no reason, rhyme or continuity and went on for hours upon hours.

I woke up before the sunrise in the dim lights of the hospital because I felt really really cold then found myself in an even colder sticky wet feeling all over. I checked the thing in my arm and found my intravenous drip had been pulled out and my sheets/bed were soaked in my own blood. It looked black, not red. I assume I had been that way for some good hours and had been thrashing around as I recall being awake, asleep and somewhat out of body at times while this played out too. It was new years eve and I remember pressing the help button to then see the nurse coming in still tipsy and apologising for not noticing. She sat and chatted with me for another 2-3 hours on and off between her urgent duties.

I give that little dream trip a 10/10. Would do again just for the sheer realism and randomness.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
waking up from a dream into another dream. Mind went nuts for a bit. Now I know where Philip K Dick got his ideas from.
Oh god I experience this all the time. I had a dream recently that I was in a car with two women, and one of them wouldn't keep her eyes on the road. She even took her hands off the steering wheel and turned her whole body around in order to talk to us in the back seat, and ended up running a woman over. When I said I wanted to call for an ambulance, she pulled over at a crowded gas station and pulled a desert eagle on me. I said she couldn't get away with shooting me around all those people, so she told me to start walking down the street. I refused, figuring she'd drive along and shoot me while I was alone. Then she told me to fly away, which I figured was a sensible idea, so I started flying.
Then I dreamed that I woke up, and went to call 9-1-1, before realizing the hit-and-run wasn't real, and quickly hanging up. Then I actually woke up, and was relieved I hadn't made that mistake.
Later that night I had another fake awakening, where I "woke up" to the sound of the police knocking on my door because of the 9-1-1 call. As I stumbled out of my room I knocked a pile of socks down (this pile doesn't exist in real life), and when I was picking the socks up, three of them snapped around my wrist, and I felt an invisible hand clenching me through them. It had a very strong grip, and felt like a large man's hand.

Lots of my worst nightmares were false awakenings. I used to have lots of nightmares that I'd wake up and see figures in my room, sometimes standing at the foot of my bed, or behind my head (I once had a weird Spike Jonze Wild Things version of ogre Fiona follow me from one dream into one of those "false waking" dreams, standing right behind my pillow), or in the middle of my room, or in my doorway, or sometimes just sitting at my desk. In one, I "woke up" and found my blanket wasn't fully covering me. I pulled on it, but it seemed to be caught on the corner of my bed. I gave it a fierce tug, and it seemed to slip further down the bed. I pulled again and felt it getting pulled away from me, and I realized something was taking my blanket. Then I saw a grey hand at the corner of my bed, reaching out from underneath, pulling at my blanket, and I went into a panic. I probably woke up for real after that, felt some relief, then went right back to sleep. Sometimes when that happens I end up having a full night of similarly distressing dreams.
I actually used to clutter my room so when I had those nightmares, figures couldn't stand in certain areas. I sort of cluttered the entire area around my bed, so everything I saw would at least have some distance from me. I don't really have those nightmares anymore now, but I didn't actually dislike them. I like horror movies, and I tend to think of most nightmares as the same sort of entertainment. A fun horror vignette I was able to subconsciously invent all on my own.

Larxia

I dream a lot, mostly every nights, so it's hard to tell about just a specific one.

There's also the fact that if I don't write them down / talk about it during the day after I had it, it will be really hard to remember it accurately in the future. It's so strange how the memories of dreams work (at least for me), some people don't remember them at all, some do, but even when I do, they are memories that can become very fuzzy very quickly. They are not structured the same way as regular memories, and they need to be "worked on" (talking about it to people, writing it down, thinking about it etc.) to stay clear, at least for me.

One thing I can say and that actually completely fits the gaming section, is that in my life, I quite often had very weird gaming dreams.
What I'm about to describe will probably sound very weird and not understandable to people who never experienced it, but I think people who did will recognize it immediatly.

I tried searching things about what I felt during these dreams, and the closest I could find is "fever dreams".
They are dreams that seem to last very very long, like a whole night even. It's usually about a specific game that I recently played a lot, and I will be doing an action from this game, or some weird distorted view of actions from that game, which often don't really make much sense when you think about them after waking up, and it will be very, very, very repetitive. I might even wake up, and think "this is stupid, stop thinking about it it's not real it's just one of those dumb non ending dream" but it keeps going and going, it's a very weird feeling, super difficult to explain, and I fall asleep again and it just keeps going.

The first memory I have like this I think was related to Oblivion, I was dreaming about some wolves in my real life neighbourhood, I think I was trying to chase them, but I failed and I kept reloading the save over and over like when I'm doing that in game trying different things. I also remember a never ending battle after playing too much of Eternal Sonata, it felt incredibly tedious. I had this with a lot of games actually but I struggle to remember the specific ones, my last one was a few months ago but I don't remember which game it was based on.

They are very awful dreams, I feel really annoyed for real when I have them, almost angry, they really don't make any sense when you wake up and try to think about it, because they're just dreams and they shouldn't ruin your whole night like that, but they do, even if you slightly wake up, it won't stop until you really wake up for real and get out of bed.
It's like being faced with some kind of situation you have to deal with, but the situation can be quite stupid or non sensical, but you keep doing the actions over and over for it.

Sorry for the long post, and I know this might seem crazy for people who never have these, but I'm sure some people might recognize it because I have a friend who makes the same broken dreams. I actually thought about maybe making a thread about these specific gaming dreams at some point, if other people would recognize it, but I was never really sure how to present it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I remember dreams all the time when I wake up, but very few I'll remember after a few hours. As people say, dreams seem to be a short term memory thing.

Some weird things I get all the time though which I do remember forever as they are super common:

- That dream of waking up and washing up to go to work or school., then I wake up for real and realize oh shit. That was a dream now I got to do it for real

- Loose or missing teeth. I'd dream I'm brushing my teeth and notice my teeth are fucked when really my teeth are solid and straight

- I'm in high school or university and getting lost looking for class, or taking a test and not knowing what to do

- My mind is in dream mode. I'll dream. Wake up for real. Doze off again and there's possibility I'll right back into the same dream

- There is no way I can determine it, but some dreams I know it's a dream so I do dumb shit knowing I'll wake up soon

- Like many people, trying to run is impossible to do (slo mo struggle), flying is weird as I'll zoom up or down with no real control. I know I'm flying actually wanting to control it like Superman but cant. Many times I'll just wipe out and wake up

- Anything having to do with a gun almost never fires a bullet. All blanks. If a gun does fire and hit someone, nothing happens

- When I wake up and realize I dreamed about someone, sometimes the person is accurate looking. But sometimes they look off, but in my dream I think it really is them. Sometimes its someone I met 20 or 30 years ago and this dream is the first time thinking about them since then

- That creepy feeling where you see people, walk around and suddenly everyone disappears and you are completely alone

- I get sleep paralysis too, which is the worst of all. I get it randomly once every 3-4 months. I know I'm awake and try to wake up but cant. I know nothing is going to happen, but its so creepy I try to wake up asap anyway. And I fear if suddenly Leatherface comes in the room to slice me up, I cant move. But I have never had anything like that happen. But I still try to wake up asap. I'd say I do wake up for real after a minute or two in real life time (which in dream time might only be 10 seconds)

One thing that was weird wasnt even a dream really, but maybe it kind of is. I still remember it. I dont get sick much but one time as a kid I remember getting a bad fever. I was acting all weird and drunk due to it and I was scared because my vision was zooming in close or far like I'm an eagle freaking me out. So hey, maybe humans do have the ability to have their vision magnify if the brain really wanted to, because it sure was when I was sick with a high temperature.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Narcolepsy + full 100% lucid dreamer = holy shit let me tell you something
A lot of my scripts would never be bought and I don't have the talent or budget to do it myself, but if you have a genre or something let me know

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I dream every night and I'm pretty good at remembering my dreams. This allows me to sometimes lucid dream, which is easily one of the greatest experiences anybody can have.

GymWolf

I don't dream.

But when it happen like one time every 6 months it is always the same dream, me panicking because i have a flight in 30 min and i'm still in my hotel room trying to put everything in my suitcase.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Since childhood I have very vivid dreams. Multiple per night even. They're mostly very intense and linger during the day. I can remember a lot and be very detailed in describing them, but it's pretty personal so. They are weird though, sometimes one upping each other on a night to night basis.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Few days ago.

1) walked through Disney land, to some kind of attraction in the middle, some people where walking around me.
2) some guy on a really old ford card blocked my road wanted me to drive it.
3) drove it through the park to the attraction
4) suddenly i was at some entree area of the park, with lots of people trying to check in to something, some girl dropped keys at the desk and walked past me. I looked after her as she for some reason was familiare but couldn't really put it down to who she was.
5) three teeth fell out of my mouth when i turned my head back to the entree area where all the people where
6) woke up.

Active dream as well…

There’s one I remember a lot because I want to make a 3D from it.

Put it simple. Aliens attack us, I enter a spaceship to hide and inside was kinda made of gold and the roof is like a blood river , instead of cables you have blood …
Etc etc..

Every thing very well detailed.
Strange but I realize when I’m dreaming so I stop to check stuff until i lost control or things get to blurry.
Btw the only way I have to wake up is screaming very loud inside the dream lol (yes , I wake up screaming as well but not scaried)

Last edited:

thefool

I had a really weird one last night. Someone was following me in my neighborhood (i think it was a woman) but i was able to put a tracker on her and see this person movements in my gigantic gps.

My two favorite ones that I always remember was when I was young and kissing my crush (sadly just a dream lol). I was no older than 9-10, it felt very pure, innocent. Even in a dream-state it affected me deeply.

The other one was me defending my house from an army of supernatural ninjas (heavily influenced by ninja scroll).

Last edited:

Catphish

About 20 years ago, I had a dream of dying and moving on to the afterlife.

It was fairly fking magnificent, and I remember every detail as vividly as if it happened last night.

It's my all-time fave :)

Ristifer

Had a weird dream last night where Jim and Pam from The Office went on a massive killing spree, a la Bonnie and Clyde.

Aesius

I've had a recurring dream for 10 years where I'm back in my last semester of college and panicking because I realized I forgot to attend a class for the entire semester and will fail it, and I need the credit to graduate. Sometimes the dream is about realizing I'm on the schedule for a retail job I haven't had in over a decade and I need to show up for my shift.

The first scenario sort of played out in real life because I waited until the last minute to get some papers signed that would allow me to graduate, and the second scenario also played out where I'd be out with friends and realize OH FUCK, it's 3 p.m. and I have to work 4-10 today.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
as a kid (like <9 y/o) my worst nightmares were kinda weird.

one was when i was in this underground area and everything was made of huge bricks. the ground was brick, trees were brick, and the sky was brick too. i could hear this loud smashing sound that was like bricks hitting each other. there was a brick bridge and, this is the really silly part, on it was postman pat. that cunt stood there like a boss in a souls game ready to fuck me up if i went near him or his cat. under the bridge there was a river of lava. there was also this feeling that the sky and ground were getting closer and closer together so eventually i'd be squashed to death.

another one was where i was in a room but this room was travelling through space. i was sitting in this room and there was a floor/walls but no roof/ceiling. when i looked up all i saw were stars in space. on the wall was a clock and the ticking was so damn loud. in the middle of the room was a rocking chair that i was sitting on. i kept hearing this voice saying "it's ok i'm with you". there was a feeling of doom and as if i was about to die.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
waking up from a dream into another dream. Mind went nuts for a bit. Now I know where Philip K Dick got his ideas from.
yeah, I had a dream-within-a-dream once. It definitely rattled me for a few days.
The funny thing is, I wish I could do it again.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
yeah, I had a dream-within-a-dream once. It definitely rattled me for a few days.
The funny thing is, I wish I could do it again.
Sounds like some Inception shit.
I occasionally get that too. Doesnt even make sense to dream a dream, but it happens.

What I find odd about dreams too is that it's not just surface deep. When I get my common "I cant find my class in high school" dream, my mind has a memory that says the classroom should be here in this location because I've been here before, so I guess the school moved the room. Got to look for it. So my mind planted fake reasoning and memories to go with a fake reality. Weird shit.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
When I get my common "I cant find my class in high school" dream, my mind has a memory that says the classroom should be here in this location because I've been here before, so I guess the school moved the room. Got to look for it. So my mind planted fake reasoning and memories to go with a fake reality. Weird shit.
Bruh.

Are you me?

Those high school dreams are absolutely mental, lol. "Oh no! I forgot the combination to my locker!"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bruh.

Are you me?

Those high school dreams are absolutely mental, lol. "Oh no! I forgot the combination to my locker!"
Do you get the test one too?

Youre doing an exam and every question they ask is so hard you cant really answer any of them? It feels like 5 minutes of real time thumbing through the exam and you look at the clock on the wall and you only got 45 minutes left where youve answered nothing. Then suddenly you wake up. Whew it's a dream.

When I get lucid dreams, it is never one of these high school dreams where I am aware enough its fake. These kinds of dreams (along with loose teeth ones) I always dream them as if they are real. But then some dopey dream I'm walking around with a gun, I can know this is a dumb ass dream, I'll wake up soon.

I remember an old Batman cartoon episode where Batman says something about left/right brain and people cant see numbers or words in dreams. 100% false. I see text and numbers all the time.

Dural

I've had a fucked up recurring dream for 20+ years now, I wake up in a panic every time I have it. Just thinking about it right now freaks me out and makes me question reality and whether I am who I think I am.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Sounds like some Inception shit.
We need to do something like an Inception-GAF where we all share in the same dreams/nightmares, lol
Do you get the test one too?
I haven't had one like that yet. I'm not surprised that you have, though, since you're a high-IQ guy.
I typically cheated off of the smart kids in school. :D

Last edited:

GymWolf

I've had a fucked up recurring dream for 20+ years now, I wake up in a panic every time I have it. Just thinking about it right now freaks me out and makes me question reality and whether I am who I think I am.
Are you forced to watch the last jedi and rise of skywalker back to back in this dream?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
We need to do something like an Inception-GAF where we all share in the same dreams/nightmares, lol

I haven't had one like that yet. I'm not surprised that you have, though, since you're a high-IQ guy.
I typically cheated off of the smart kids in school. :D
I never cheated off smart kids, but having a giant white eraser and calculators that could store 400 characters of data let me write in important formulas or text. :D

About 15 years ago I dreamt a full game of starcraft. I was terran and I was against zerg, assuming my mind made it AI not human controlled.
I didn't change anything up, I wasn't in the game, just sat in front of my screen, mouse, keyboard, shitty dell tower.
I got ling rushed very early on, but countered with my miners.
Started turtling at main choke point, standard tanks and depots/barracks/1 bunker and rushed tech for cloak sniper with nukes, backed with battleships and upgraded wraiths.
Not even a good strat really.
Nearly got absolutely fucked with a massive wave of hydras.
Seemed to play out for hours, to the point where I'd exhausted gas at my main and 1st outpost.
Really enjoyed launching multiple nukes at a wide area, caught a load of their overlords with 1, so they couldn't really get back in with a last ditch ling spawn

I can still hear the voice over the sound effects and soundtrack

Last edited:
My dreams often have surreal or fantastical elements. Places morph to other places in real time, the color palette is colorful and random, things can change from a color to another color at any time. People can instantaneously teleport to places, etc.

The additionally weird thing is I sometimes realize I'm in a dream. (An ex girlfriend told me at one point that there's a name for that phenomenon, but I forgot it ). So when real life me realizes that then I, in the dream, just start doing whatever I want because there are no consequences.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I get nightmares when I get back asleep at like 5am. There pretty much graphic and intense because they could be true. I never get fantastical or whimsical dreams.

Narcolepsy + full 100% lucid dreamer = holy shit let me tell you something
A lot of my scripts would never be bought and I don't have the talent or budget to do it myself, but if you have a genre or something let me know

I'd pay good money to have control over my dreams in the moment. I've tried lucid techniques etc, it just doesn't take for me.

Dreams where my junk becomes detached but I can grab it and stick it back like it's Play-Doh

Classic.

Top Bottom