• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best XBLA Exclusives?

So I've been without xbox live for almost two years, and finally hooked back up yesterday. I'm a huge shmup fan, and immediately downloaded Radiant Silvergun. I'll probably also pick up Ikaruga. Besides those games, what do you think are the absolutely best exclusives for xbox live arcade? I already have a PS3, and have a bunch of great games on that system, including hard corp uprising and daytona usa.

I'm specifically interested in what the best exclusives are for the platform that I might have missed during the past two years...

Personally.

Shadow Complex - the game that justified my 360 purchase.

Death Tank - a brilliant multiplayer game from the Sega Saturn days.

Probably the Banjos too.

Zeth

Shadow Complex is one of my favorite games ever.

Are there any Cave shmups available on the US XBLA or GoD?

Morphis

Not exclusive, but since you don't list PC as a platform, Super Meat Boy deserves a mention. My GotY for 2010.

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Trouble Witches NEO (shmup)
Guardian Heroes
Virtual-On OT

Strania and Trigger Heart Exelica might also be worth it since you're a shmup fan. Trouble Witches NEO is better than both of them though.

Are there any Cave shmups available on the US XBLA or GoD?
Pretty sure Deathsmiles II is on GoD. Deathsmiles I is on GoD over here in PAL land but I'm not sure about the US.

Ilomilo
Trials HD
Shadow Complex
A Kingdom for Keflings
A World for Keflings
Crimson Alliance
'Splosion Man
Ms. 'Splosion Man
Trenched/Iron Brigade
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Toy Soldiers
Raskulls
Banjo-Kazooie remake
Banjo-Tooie remake
Full House Poker (poker MMO)
Perfect Dark
Hydro Thunder
Radiant Silvergun
Geometry Wars

If you don't have a PC:
Torchlight
Super Meat Boy
Bastion
Monday Night Combat
Minecraft (2012)

Coming soon must haves:
FEZ
Trials Evolution
BattleBlock Theatre
dat zombie MMO

a bunch others I'm forgetting.

Question:

I had Shadow Complex, and several other XBLA games, on my old xbox. Are my purchases of those games tied to that xbox or my gamertag? Is there any way that I can download them again without paying again? I still have the same gamertag.

Question:

I had Shadow Complex, and several other XBLA games, on my old xbox. Are my purchases of those games tied to that xbox or my gamertag? Is there any way that I can download them again without paying again? I still have the same gamertag.

Both Gamertag and console, but still always tied mainly to the Gamertag. You can go into account management and look at your list of purchases tied to the Gamertag and redownload all you that you want onto your new console.

MMaRsu

Banned
Question:

Yes, see if u can download the full game

Isomac

Yeah like others said.

I don't get it why 360 can't have games list like Steam has. It's always pain in the ass to download games again or to even remember what XBLA games you own.

Yeah like others said.

I don't get it why 360 can't have games list like Steam has. It's always pain in the ass to download games again or to even remember what XBLA games you own.

You can see what games you own in your library...

Edit: oh. Check download history.

ilomilo!

peeps.png

Yeah like others said.

Download history.

Isomac

Download history shows everything you have downloaded. Videos, trials, demos etc. At least it did the last time I checked it out. Also I think all items there are in order you downloaded them. It's just not easy to use :)

Mupod

Hydro Thunder Hurricane (kinda sad how overlooked this is, and the DLC is good too), Trenched/Iron Brigade, Shadow Complex

I haven't played much insanely twisted shadow planet but the demo was cool. I did buy it on the sale not too long ago, just been sticking to my PC lately.

also as someone who has bought Rez 3 times I'm hesitant to call Rez HD an exclusive but get it anyways.

Joe Danger: Special Edition

It's not an exclusive, but it has exclusive content and the XBLA version of the game is definitely better than the PS3 version.

If you haven't played it on PS3 then I definitely recommend the XBLA version. It's old school gameplay executed flawlessly, with a lot of charm.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wouldn't necessarily count REZ if others can play it in some form. It's HD but you can emulate the DC or PS2 to do that.

Now FEZ, that one there shall be the crown jewel. And Shadow Complex is really good too but my money is on FEZ when it's all said and done.

StuBurns

Banned
I wasn't aware random speculation had any credence. Whether it will or won't doesn't have any significance in this topic.

Considering it's not even out, and this is about the best XBLA games, I thought we were already a substantial distance away from what is 'significant' to the premise of the thread.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
FEZ will come to Steam most likely.
I would rejoice.

It has 5.1 Dolby Digital sound though. That alone makes it a must for me.
That is worth it totally. I love me some good surround sound.

I wasn't aware random speculation had any credence. Whether it will or won't doesn't have any significance in this topic.
It would be a shame for it to be on one platform so I hope we do see it on another one down the line but I never even gave it a thought. It's an XBLA only game in my eyes.

soldat7

Yeah like others said.

And they've made it even harder to buy new games as well. The Marketplace is messed up.

Apath

Recently I've been playing Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Hydro Thunder Hurricane.

However Marble Blast Ultra and Geometry Wars 2 are two classic XBLA titles that shouldn't be passed up without trying the demos first.

JJD

If you enjoy tower defense games, I've heard some amazing things about Defence Grid. Unfortunately I haven't played it yet.

Tain

Strania.

Omega Five is good for a My First STG. Pretty cool aesthetics all around. I don't think it holds a candle to stuff like Strania, Triggerheart, or Ikaruga, though.

A Huge Battleship said:
Strania and Trigger Heart Exelica might also be worth it since you're a shmup fan. Trouble Witches NEO is better than both of them though.

whoa. I mean, I've only briefly played Trouble Witches NEO, but could you elaborate on that?

LQX

You would think with so many threads it would be ingrained in people, that don't even have 360, what are the best XBLA exclusives. Moreover there are demos for everyone.

That said....Shadow Complex. That game is damn amazing.

MercuryLS

Banned
My favourites are N+, Super Meat Boy and Rez HD. It's too bad none of these games will ever be on PS3 (especially the first two, I would rather play them with a DS3).

Ghost23

Kind of off topic, but I see that someone mentioned Trials Evolution. Is there any news about when that is coming out?

Shadow Complex by a mile.

For the record, my dad loves Trials HD, and he rarely loves games nowadays, so that counts for something.

Top Bottom