• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what are the chances of Rockstar scrapping GTA 6 because of the leak

This forum never ceases to amaze me

ThJ46IA.gif

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
sure, they'll scrap years of work because of some leak
ok i really like the 2 protagonists, Jason and Lucia, from what i seen...one thing i worry about is them not scrapping the base game but scrapping them and starting with a new set of protagonists

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
guys im not saying they are going to scrap the whole game, but is there a chance they scrap Jason and Lucia because we seen them in the leak and create a new set of protagonists ,which would mean a longer wait time

Guilty_AI

ok i really like the 2 protagonists, Jason and Lucia, from what i seen...one thing i worry about is them not scrapping the base game but scrapping them and starting with a new set of protagonists
That would mean scrapping and rewritting the whole story. Voice acting, mo-cap, cutscenes, set pieces, models, the logistics behind everything.... all to the trash.
That would only be possible if the story is on really really early stages of development.

Last edited:

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
That would mean scrapping and rewritting the whole story. Voice acting, mo-cap, cutscenes, set pieces, models.... all to the trash.
That would only be possible if the story is on really early stages of development.
do you think that is the case?

coffinbirth

People REALLY need to stop saying that all was leaked was a two year old build. The src is current as of 6 days ago, lol. The COMPILED build was from two years ago. This is a problem for R*, whether they publicly admit it or not.

I don't care if they scrap Jason, but Lucia had better stay! As a matter of fact, let them go ahead and scrap Jason and replace him with an archetype based on Pam Grier's Foxy Brown!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
They’re going to have to re-write some of the source code for security reasons - we know this to be true. That could add months if not years to the development time. They won’t scrap the game, but make no mistake this will prolong development dramatically.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
They already scrapped it.

To be fair, they've been looking for an excuse to not make another game and just keep selling GTA Online credits.

I think they might have leaked it themselves.

If the source code ransom is paid for with megalodon cards, then I think we can probably fairly safely say what's been going on.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Is this a serious thread?

If so, why would you even think they would do that? It would cost them probably close to 500 million to restart in sunk costs alone.

That isn't how business operate...
I may be misremembering, but didn't Valve overhaul huge chunks of Half-Life 2 after their hack and source code leak? At the very least, Valve claimed that the breach and leaking of source code cost them 250 million back in 2003. https://www.eurogamer.net/the-boy-who-stole-half-life-2-article

Justin9mm

and starting over, is it possible? do you think that could happen

another one is that they might keep the base game and scrap the leaked characters and create a new set of protagonists, do you think that could happen which would mean a longer wait time?
WTF, starting over what? There was hardly anything to see in those leaks, it was such early dev footage, it won't even look like that. Most people still haven't seen it. No chance.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Why?

The leak didnt show all that much, like less the 1 square km of the map, a few characters and cops and everything was either really early or a placeholder, everything will be improved and a lot of things changed, the final game will look really different, a lot better.

Top Bottom