• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you going to do with all this stuff that is about to become "last gen" ?

Nester99

I have a PS4 Pro, XBONE 1X, and NSW.

I am going to buy a new Consul on day 1 (looking PS5 right now) and i am trying to figure out what i will do with all my current stuff as is is about to become "last gen"

I look at my PS3, 3DS & WIIU and games i never play and now no one wants, and do not want to keep going in this direction.. Keeping Stuff i doubt i will ever use beyond the point were they lose value.

I think i will sell them all, and am going to start prior to release. PS4p will most likely go tot he trade in PS5 deal.

On the weekend i Purged my PS4 Physical disk collection, Traded in 16 games to EB (Gamestop) with their more games more money promotion, Got $210 towards my PS5.
Tons of games i said i would replay or plat and never did and doubt i will now with a whole new Gen around the corner.

I have one game left on my switch i want to finish (New XBC) then i think i will sell that as well. Outside of a few RPGs i already beat i really dont play it much.
Not sure if i should keep the XBOX X as My $1 Game pass subscription, I am thinking i should sell it prior to Series X coming out,

This thread is about What are you going to do with your current get stuff that is about to become last Gen. and/or your upgrade path.

Play your PS4/XBOX1 another year? Keep your psychical disks as collectors items or Purge? Hit the trade up deals? Sell early ? Keep the PS4 XBOX for another room in your house.

What are you going to do with all this stuff that is about to become "old gen" ?

Fbh

Since the Ps5 will be backwards compatible with the majority of Ps4 games I see no reason for keeping my Pro.
Will probably sell it along with 1 controller (keeping the other to use it on PC).

Though I'm still not sure when and I'm still deciding if I should put that money towards a Ps5 or a PC

Nester99

Nester99

Since the Ps5 will be backwards compatible with the majority of Ps4 games I see no reason for keeping my Pro.
Will probably sell it along with 1 controller (keeping the other to use it on PC).

Though I'm still not sure when and I'm still deciding if I should put that money towards a Ps5 or a PC

Good point on BC, i should have mentioned that.
It is a factor

Vawn

Banned
I have almost every major console since (and including) the Atari 2600 and Intellivision stored in a closet full of gaming stuff. When my PS4 and XBO are no longer used, they'll join them.

Until then, they'll be hooked up in the playroom for the kids.

I've pretty much kept everything since my NES, and been thinking about why I honestly keep those boxes. All I ever do is move them from one living location to the next. Adding a PS4 box to the pile might finally make me address the situation.

MrFunSocks

Banned
All my games are digital and all my controllers and accessories will work on the new generation, so don’t need to do anything.

I’ll put my launch XB1 that's in the living room in storage along side every other console I’ve owned since the 2600, and replace it with my One X which is currently in the media room, and put the Series X where the One X was.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
With PS4 that depends if PS5 can play all my PS4 library that includes games like Sakura Wars, Odin sphere and NieR Automata and upcoming games like 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and NieR Replicant HD. With Switch I will still play it, I still have my 3DS to play my 3DS games and DS games.

GHG

Gold Member
Barely have any physical games. Already gave the OG Xbox One away along with the OG PS4. The PS4 Pro will be sold or given away to charity later this year dependant on the covid situation here.

StormCell

If I see a good opportunity to trade in my Pro for 1.5x to 2.5x credit, then I'll probably jump to PS5.

Either way, I'm going to be playing the shit out of PS4 games as they get ever cheaper.

Jaxcellent

Planning on getting PS5. I'll probably keep my Pro depending on BC. I will also keep my OG Xbone because no games engage me to update.

Still have my X360 (for the occasional Outrun race.) and my Fat PS3, just for some fun exclusives.

In the past I always sold my stuff, Sega collection, PS1/PS2, sometimes I kinda regret it, but not much because of space and priorities in life.

notseqi

Install Linux.

Nah, I'd keep everything. Missing my old game collection, if only for nostalgic reason. The money at the time wasn't worth it.

Taking my PS4 to up CEX when I get my PS5.

My old phone is going in a drawer, alongside my older phone (so they can be alone together in the darkness).

My old laptop? Might give it to one of my mates' sons, if they want it for school work.

I tend to run things into the ground these days, so only buy new thing once every 4-5 years.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Taking my PS4 to up CEX when I get my PS5.

My old phone is going in a drawer, alongside my older phone (so they can be alone together in the darkness).

My old laptop? Might give it to one of my mates' sons, if they want it for school work.

I tend to run things into the ground these days, so only buy new thing once every 4-5 years.

I always giveaway all my games and consoles. Make someone happy and enjoy new games. Problem is I went full digital since late 2014.

Belmonte

The days where I need to sell my videogames to buy new ones are over, fortunately.

And even if it wasn't the case, I don't think I would be so eager to let go my old consoles go as I was in the past. I'm not that excited for the new generation as I was for the PSX for example.

pokerlife

I have a PS4 Pro, XBONE 1X, and NSW.

I am going to buy a new Consul on day 1 (looking PS5 right now) and i am trying to figure out what i will do with all my current stuff as is is about to become "last gen"

I look at my PS3, 3DS & WIIU and games i never play and now no one wants, and do not want to keep going in this direction.. Keeping Stuff i doubt i will ever use beyond the point were they lose value.

I think i will sell them all, and am going to start prior to release. PS4p will most likely go tot he trade in PS5 deal.

On the weekend i Purged my PS4 Physical disk collection, Traded in 16 games to EB (Gamestop) with their more games more money promotion, Got $210 towards my PS5.
Tons of games i said i would replay or plat and never did and doubt i will now with a whole new Gen around the corner.

I have one game left on my switch i want to finish (New XBC) then i think i will sell that as well. Outside of a few RPGs i already beat i really dont play it much.
Not sure if i should keep the XBOX X as My $1 Game pass subscription, I am thinking i should sell it prior to Series X coming out,

This thread is about What are you going to do with your current get stuff that is about to become last Gen. and/or your upgrade path.

Play your PS4/XBOX1 another year? Keep your psychical disks as collectors items or Purge? Hit the trade up deals? Sell early ? Keep the PS4 XBOX for another room in your house.

What are you going to do with all this stuff that is about to become "old gen" ?
Give one of them away to a less fortunate kid. I gave my xbox x to my wifes friend. She has 2 boys who were still playing on Xbox 360.. It feels great and no stress of selling on ebay

I'm gonna keep the consoles but I'd like to trade in the controllers. I know the new Series X controllers work with the XBone.
I don't yet know if the PS5 controllers will work with the PS4.

-Arcadia-

Banned
My One X may be going to another TV, if this whole smart delivery thing pans out and I can seamlessly cross between systems and versions of games for the next year or so. Would be nice to have Xcloud on it as well, if that happens.

My PS4 will be going into storage. It served me well, but I don’t have a whole lot of use for a base system right now. It’ll be handy if any games have backwards compatibility issues as well.

I probably need to admit it’s over and pack away the Wii U as well. It’s been three years since I turned it on. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I keep everything older and tend to sell off newer consoles. There are only 3 times in my life where I bought next gen consoles after launch and it never depreciated the quality of older consoles. PS4, Switch, and XBOX One are still going to be popular until 2022 or beyond with most here.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sold my Consoles and ended up getting more then I paid since you could find them for a while. Keeping my switch to give to nephew/niece when they get a bit older.

Top Bottom