• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

squallheart

I've been trying to find more music like these bands. Pretty much I'm 35 and alot to what I listen to is old school lol so been trying to find more music but it's tough since I dont listen to radio, stream or watch main stream programming. Found one in guitar hero, other recommendation, and struts opening for motley crew. If you guys know music like this let me know.

TrainedRage

Banned
Doo do do doo do do do

I always wondered what the edited part said...."Doin' crystal meth will lift you up until you break".
Oh it's a song about doing meth. Nice. I was such a naïve kid.

This song is legit... Damn you radio.

Last edited:

ILLtown

The first Wu-Tang Clan LP and ATCQ's "Midnight Marauders" were released on November 9th, 1993. This mix takes beats from one and mixes them with vocals from the other. If you're a fan of either album, or hip-hop from that era in general, this is a good listen IMO.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Some nice choices here. Let us take it down a notch and revert to the classics.

Today I am going through paperwork whilst drinking some Hennessy and a cranberry juice chaser.
It's loud enough so I can take short breaks and go to the kitchen for incremental prepping till I finally reach the cooking stage. I'm hoping to be done by the time that occurs.

TrainedRage

Banned
Some nice choices here. Let us take it down a notch and revert to the classics.

Today I am going through paperwork whilst drinking some Hennessy and a cranberry juice chaser.
It's loud enough so I can take short breaks and go to the kitchen for incremental prepping till I finally reach the cooking stage. I'm hoping to be done by the time that occurs.

Some Vivaldi for you, because... Winter is coming.

And...

Snoopycat

Banned
Terre Thaemlitz has been making excellent house music under the name DJ Sprinkles for well over a decade. Like Moodymann she's deliberately kept herself out of the spotlight.

TrainedRage

Banned
Some Little Dragon... Song is tight, video is f***ing hilarious.

Some NOFX because its Friday night!

"That's right I got a floor!!! So what?! So what?!"

If you haven't heard them already check out Ricardo Villalobos, Jon Talabot and Far Out Monster Disco Orchestra. They all draw heavily from the 90's house scene
If I could thumbs up this again I would. Im pretty amazed I never heard of any of them. So far Villalobos is my favorite. Thanks again dood! :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_darts:

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’ve been having a chore day today, cleaning the house and shit. Been listening to Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged all day. So fucking good.

TFGB

Wicked rare Techno white label I used to have from ‘91 that was ripped off by Doc Scott. Sounds immense on a good system.

Top Bottom