• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I want an OP1 so bad.

Same! Ordered one back in September from MoMA when it was discounted to $700 new, still waiting on it. Dunno if you saw that Teenage Engineering sort-of discontinued it a while back, and news sounded grim recently; eBay exploded briefly, $2k, then $3k, then $4k...$8600 last week is where they turned around and claimed it was a misunderstanding and that they'd get it back into production soon, lol. :messenger_expressionless:

8g9iyftw2o321.jpg

Looking forward to getting hands-on with it uhh some time next year I guess, but there are so many great tools and instruments for electronic music now. Do you have any other gear? We should probably do a thread about synths and electronic music production and whatnot, actually.

TrainedRage

Banned
Same! Ordered one back in September from MoMA when it was discounted to $700 new, still waiting on it. Dunno if you saw that Teenage Engineering sort-of discontinued it a while back, and news sounded grim recently; eBay exploded briefly, $2k, then $3k, then $4k...$8600 last week is where they turned around and claimed it was a misunderstanding and that they'd get it back into production soon, lol. :messenger_expressionless:

Y

Looking forward to getting hands-on with it uhh some time next year I guess, but there are so many great tools and instruments for electronic music now. Do you have any other gear? We should probably do a thread about synths and electronic music production and whatnot, actually.
Yeah it's weird how it's become this sought after holy grail. Right now I'm using...
Arturia-micro brute
Roland -TR8
Allen and Heath -Xone:dx

I like making live or analog synth music so I tend to stay away from premade stuff like looped tracks. Prefer to make it all myself.

What do you like to use? We should totally make an analog synth OT!

Papa

Banned
Post Metal

Like post rock, this genre is often about the build up, so listen through to the end!

(Cover of an original song by The Cure: link)

I wish Isis (the band) would make a comeback but obviously it would have to be under a modified name...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
(relevant)

I'm losing my edge.

But I was there.

Yeah it's weird how it's become this sought after holy grail. Right now I'm using...
Arturia-micro brute
Roland -TR8
Allen and Heath -Xone:dx

I like making live or analog synth music so I tend to stay away from premade stuff like looped tracks. Prefer to make it all myself.

What do you like to use? We should totally make an analog synth OT!

Great taste in gear TR! And yeah likewise re: making things myself and live jams, but I'm just a novice still. Immersing in music this year breathed new life into me. Been learning piano on a 61 key midi keyboard w/ Flowkey, and reading+watching an unhealthy amount on music theory and production and both DAW and DAWless workflows in my spare time, also Syntorial for ear training subtractive synthesis.

Couple hardware setups. One based around the Moog Grandmother, which I swapped out some camera gear to expand recently with a Behringer Model D, Behringer Neutron, and Arturia Drumbrute Impact, and I have a separate little mix of Korg Volcas and TE Pocket Operators I connect in different ways. Love those things, especially the Volca FM and the PO metal series (the PO-33 KO will probably always travel with me). Grandmother is an absolute beast. Korg Monologue in there too, which ends up moving around my apartment everywhere since it's battery powered and easy to connect to a portable speaker.

Totally down for an analog synth thread, obvs, haha. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom