• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

A week or two ago, this Black Sabbath box set arrived by mail! It's called the Black Box: 1970-2017, which unofficially contains all of Black Sabbath's album releases from the aforementioned years!

$_57.JPG

Having been familiar with the Ozzy era Black Sabbath and Heaven and Hell, their first album with Dio on vocals already, I started listening to the albums starting from Mob Rules, the second Dio album they recorded...that one was pretty good! My favorite so far of the albums I discovered thanks to this collection is The Eternal Idol, their first album with Tony Martin on vocals.

For anyone curious to give it a listen...you're welcome!

So I'm half drunk listening to some Guns n Roses and I can't stop laughing about how terrible of a job Axl does in the first verse of this song. How the fuck didn't they record this again? They should have edited that shit out. The song itself is so weird, it's all over the place and I absolutely ADORE the Elton John pastiche it becomes midway through. They don't make them like them used to, even bad (mainstream) music back in the day was MILES AHEAD of regular good (mainstream) music today.

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
I have been on a country kick, first time ever. I even went to this guy's show, he is really good. I recorded these on my phone so excuse the audio. I like his sound, definitely not like pop country

Top Bottom