• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Bullet Club

RkdnkeF.png

Old Retro

Heard this in the newest Gai Barone - Patterns mix while doing some spring cleaning and organizing today. It will represent this time period for the rest of my days. It's one of those trance tracks has moves me the instant I hear it...

Kev Kev

this stuff is beautiful. its most of the orchestrations done in The Dear Hunter's Act IV and V, but rearranged and recorded for just orchestra, no vocals, guitars or drums or anything. here's one of my personal favorites from the album... starts at 4:58

Just to continue my recent obsessive rediscovery of Radiohead and OK Computer specifically, it's absolutely amazing to compare it to contemporary British music. Compared to Oasis and Blur, it's like Revolver Beatles transported themselves to early rock days. People just weren't doing shit like this. It doesn't sound too experimental because the hooks are too strong but the sheer sound of this is utterly unreal. It's a shame that mainstream rock music tanked around the time The Strokes ruined it for everyone else, because to think of what could have been the Springsteen wall of sound with modern technology like holy fuck.

Then again, another way to look at it is that this album was so good that it got everyone else shook for the ensuing 22 years.

Top Bottom