• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

SEE ME FLYING ABOVE THE RIFT

25a.jpg

Nymphae

Banned
This movie is so fucking good it's crazy. I actually find it very emotional for some reason, there is so much heart to the movie. Dewey Finn is essentially JB from Tenacious D implanted in the real world. He is a loser bum but has a heart of gold and understands the power of rock, you root for him just like you root for Tenacious D because you want their vision to come to fruition. Both are about following your dreams and what you know to be true despite what people around you think, in my mind.

Also thanks #Phonepunk# #Phonepunk# for your post in the comedy thread, it prompted me to watch all of the Tenacious D HBO episodes and POD, really love that shit and I wish there was more of it.

Last edited:

4 guys playing nervously at the same time, punctuating around the vibraphone. Then Hutcherson goes silent and gives the song some space for Hill to go absolutely ballistic. Vibraphone is back to round things home just as Elvin Jones is ready to stop being awesome. The bass refuses to sound traditional, it keeps it ticking to the beyond. I mean fuck, this is why I love jazz in 7 minutes.

Top Bottom