• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you reading? (April 2010)

I realize that, but the two Sword of Truth books are to see what's similar/different from the show and the other is because the premise seems interesting. When I picked it up and saw it was a SciFi book it made me laugh and wonder if it's as "good" as the usual SciFi movie. :lol

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Lear said:
2611f-1.jpg

I just finished Volume II last night and this book is blowing my mind with how awesome it is.

It's great, yeah. Admittedly the first 1/3 or so of the book is slow and boring as all Hell, but when it picks up, by God does it get awesome.

npm0925

I finished Eric Larson's The Devil in the White City last month and am now halfway through his Thunderstruck, which tells the story of Marconi's work with radio signals. Up next is Isaac's Storm, which is about the Galveston hurricane of the early 1900s.

Lear said:
2611f-1.jpg

I just finished Volume II last night and this book is blowing my mind with how awesome it is.
I can't believe I missed this post. I read this book as well as The Prestige in the same month and of the two, JS&MN was the better books hands down. That may have been because I'd already seen the movie version of The Prestige, but still. I especially liked how "period" the book felt, like all of the magic stuff belonged in the universe-at-large instead of the usual book that centers it's effects on the principle participants.

Nice. Make sure to read The Year of the Flood after that (assuming you like Oryx and Crake).

Also, there's now a May thread. :D

Just finished Star Wars Backlash, so so series so far. Hey what happened to the official Star Wars EU thread?

Going to start reading right now World War Z

Top Bottom