• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger films?

iconmaster

Banned
Predator still looks good to this day, by setting it in the Jungle it doesn’t look dated

I rewatched Predator recently. It holds up tremendously well. (Only the poor quality of Predator's thermal vision bugs me... it seems pretty low-fi when he has so much advanced technology.)

I don't think I've seen a bad Arnold movie. I need to watch True Lies and Total Recall again.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I love most of his films pre 2000 but Conan the Barbarian and Predator have a very special place in my heart, especially Conan. Thin I was like 3 or 4 when I saw it the first time and have seen it countless times ever since. It also has one of the best soundtracks ever.

NahaNago

T2, the last action hero, total recall, running man, and the predator. I pretty much have enjoyed just about every movie I've seen him in. I'd have to say that predator is my fave right now but I might need to rewatch a couple of these movies again to make sure. Just looking at his filmography and he is going to be in kung fury 2. I completely forgot about that movie.

Caffeine

its too hard to rank them outside of maybe 2 I didnt like tbh every other film I could consider a classic. t2, commando, true lies, predator, collateral damage.
I think a lot of people slept on collateral damage movie is good old arnold commando style shit.

the 2 I never want to watch again are junior and end of days.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Amazing
- Terminator
- Predator

Great
- Conan the Barbarian
- Terminator 2
- Total Recall

Good
- True Lies
- Kindergarten Cop

OK
- Running Man
- Commando
- Terminator 3
- Escape Plan

Bad
- Terminator Genisys
- The Last Stand

Unwatchable
- Sabotage
- The Sixth Day
- Eraser
- Batman and Robin

MacReady13

To be honest, I haven't seen any films of his that I didn't like! But a few that I actually think are top of the line films are, in no particular order-
The Terminator.
T2.
Thr Running Man.
Predator.
Kindergarten Cop.
Total Recall.

For mine, no action star shone as bright and had as many great films as Arnie in his prime. The Rock wishes he could star in a film of the caliber of any of the films mentioned above (maybe not The Running Man, which is a guilty pleasure of mine)!

black_13

Banned
Just watched The Last Action hero for the first time all the way through and really enjoyed it. It was very self-aware and funny. Always brushed it off when I was younger.

Terminator 2 is my favorite but Arnold really had alot of good movies.

gioGAF

Predator and Terminator are top tier. They are timeless and they are more than just movies, they spawned entire worlds that are still being explored to this day (though mostly in poor fashion, the originals remain the peak for each franchise).

I personally love Commando, non-stop action, non-stop comedy. Conan the Barbarian is also great, goes into cave being chased by feral dogs, comes out with dog-colored fur coat, lol.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
without the success of Conan the fantasy genre probably wouldn’t have become popular at the point that it did, and we would have missed out on a lot of the movies and tv that got made after it. Hell, Dio probably wouldn’t have found success doing fantasy-themed metal without it. He-Man? Probably never would have been conceived of.

Probably have to pick Conan as my personal favorite, followed by T2.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Eraser
Kindergarten cop
Total recall

unconventional picks but those are my nostalgia movies growing up.

Total recall just for the triple tits hooker. A little fun story, When I learned about that scene when I was about 11 or 12 I hid the vhs my dad bought and had it saved that spot to watch over and over. I learned like a decade later that my dad had found the tape and found out what I was doing and just put it back in its spot 🤣

bryo4321

I love all Arnie’s old films but I actually really liked some of the newer ones like aftermath too. It’s rare to see him play such a vulnerable character but I think he was awesome.

The Cowboy

I can watch pretty much any Arnold movie, but for me the best is hands down The Running Man. It's such a great action movie, with a great setup and easily has one of the best movie end songs ever!.

Screw it it's only 11:15pm, it's on Now TV - I'm gonna watch it now 🙂.

Last edited:

ESPOMAN

My 3 favorite are Terminator, Terminator 2, and Total Recall. That is probably the order too. I love the first Terminator so much

Top Bottom