• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated titles for the rest of 2011?

I think my only day 1 purchases are Dark Souls (if it even comes out this year :p) and Uncharted 3.

Maybe Diablo III it if comes to consoles, but I don't think that's about to happen.

LA Noire
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3

There are tons of games I'm really hyped for, but these one are my most anticipated. This year seems already very busy, and we haven't seen E3 yet. My poor wallet :(

1) Gears 3
2) Uncharted 3
3) Saints Row 3
4) Batman: Arkham City
5) inFamous 2

I'm hopeful about L.A. Noire, but I haven't followed it too closely.

SykoTech

LittleBigPlanet 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 were my most anticipated games for the year. Now that I have them eating up all of my game time, my hype meter is kinda low for the rest of the year's lineup. However...

batman-arkham-city-20100901084915301_640w-580x326.jpg

Day 1 buy. Guaranteed. No questions.

Also...

ratchet-and-clank-all-4-one-screenshot-ps3-co-op.jpg

I haven't read every post, but I bet I'm the only one who picked out this one. I'll admit that I'm not THAT hyped for it, but a R&C game that I can play co-op with my brother pretty much has me sold regardless. The footage shown looks great as well. So yeah, Day 1 on this too.

Plenty of other stuff I'm looking forward to as well. From old gems I missed out on (ICO Collection/BG&E), maybes (Skyward Sword/Portal 2), and games that might not be out this year (The Last Guardian/Valkyria III). Not to mention there's my backlog. Plenty of games from last year that I was interested in but didn't buy like FFXIII, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, and ModNation Racers.

And finally, Sonic's 20th Anniversary is this year and Sega's sure to have some big game coming. I wouldn't say that it's "most anticipated" for me though. I'm looking forward to seeing what it is, but it could very well be as horrifying as that last Anniversary game. But after Sonic Colors, I guess I have a little hope...

• Portal 2 and The Witcher 2 tied for most anticipated games of the year
  • Torchlight 2
  • Battlefield 3
  • Red Orchestra 2
  • Natural Selection 2
  • Jurassic Park: The Game
  • Grim Dawn
  • Magicka: Vietnam
  • Rock of Ages
  • Dino D-Day

Dilemma

Diablo 3
Skyrim
Torchlight 2
Guild Wars 2
Darkspore
Mass Effect 3
Dragon Age 2
Deus Ex 2
Assassins Creed Brotherhood PC

I've already got Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, and Bulletstorm this year, so after that, my most anticipated games are:

Uncharted 3 (most anticipated of the year!)
inFamous 2
LA Noire
Resistance 3
New Assassin's Creed Game
Max Payne 3 (if it still exists)
Batman: Arkham City

Possibly:

Crysis 2
Portal 2
Spec Ops: The Line
Alice: Madness Returns

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Battlefield 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
The Last Guardian (I BELIEVE)
Portal 2

DX is the one I'm anticipating the most for this year.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Who is brave enough to go through this thread and tally up all the votes. I'm interested to see what is Gaf's most anticipated 2011 title that's left.

Amir0x

Banned
I wish people would put more effort into their posts and actually highlight some of the reasons why these games are their most anticipated. :p

But one thing these threads always prove is how diverse and absolutely bursting at the seams with "something for everyone" the industry is at the moment. The industry may be unhealthy right now, but it certainly ain't for a lack of variety or quality.

Canova

Banned
Some of you guys mentioned Ninja Gaiden 3, are you fa real? It's clearly shown in the trailer that its 2012 title

Cipherr

Portal 2
Diablo 3
Planetside 2

Everything else Ill get to, whenever I get to them. But those three will be day one, and consume a shitload of my gaming time.

Feindflug

My top 10:

1. The Last Guardian
  2. Dark Souls
  3. The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  4. Batman: Arkham City
  5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  6. Rage
  7. Child Of Eden
  8. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  9. El Shaddai
  10. Battlefield 3

Honorable Mentions:

• Uncharted 3
  • L.A. Noire
  • Forza 4
  • Gears of War 3
  • Ms. 'Splosion Man
  • Infamous 2
  • Tomb Raider
  • Shadows of the Damned
I'll keep my eyes on these:

• The Darkness 2
  • Silent Hill: Downpour
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Resistance 3

fernoca

canova said:
Some of you guys mentioned Ninja Gaiden 3, are you fa real? It's clearly shown in the trailer that its 2012 title
Well, they will be anticipating the game for the rest of 2011; so it fits. :p

Instro

Top 5:
1. Diablo 3
2. Zelda
3. Guild Wars 2
4. Dark Souls
5. Portal 2

Others:
Duke Nukem Forever
Batman AC
Witcher 2(Would probably be higher but I dont think my PC will run it that well)
Last Guardian
Uncharted 3
Brink
Dues Ex
Torchlight 2
DOTA 2
Mass Effect 3
Serious Sam 3
Catherine
LA Noire
Team Ico collection

Im going to ignore the 3DS for now since I dont own one yet, but there a few games that Ill be buying if I own that platform this year.

Dynasty Warriors 7
Uncharted 3
Resistance 3
Dungeon Siege 3
Lord of the Ring: War in the north
Diablo 3
Disgaea 4
Infamous 2
Yakuza 4
Twsited Metal
Guild wars 2
and many more...

I'm going to be so god damn broke by the end of this year.

mxgt

Banned
Saints Row 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Uncharted 3
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex HR
Battlefield 3
Witcher 2
Dark Souls
Diablo 3 (hopefully)
LA Noire
Arkham City
Skyrim
Portal 2
Homefront

Another tough year on the wallet.

MLB 11: The Show
Tiger Woods 12 The Masters
LA Noire
Mass Effect 3
FIFA 12
NCAA Football 12
Uncharted 3
SOCOM 4
inFamous 2
Resistance 3
Mortal Kombat

I'm sure I'm missing some but this is what I came up with off the top of my head.

sublimit

Banned
Yakuza 4
Yakuza Of The End
The Last Guardian
Journey
Ni No Kuni (PS3)
Ico/SotC HD collection
Uncharted 3
Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim
Dark Souls
Armored Core 5
Valkyria Chronicles 3
God Eater Burst

Also in case they get a western release:
Xenoblade
The Last Story
Night of the Sacrifice

StuBurns

Banned
Is there any real chance of Ni no Kuni this year? The DS one hasn't even been officially confirmed for the West and the PS3 one isn't finished.

Muzzy

There's so much titles I want to play, well in no particular order:

Trine 2
Gears of War 3
BRINK
Battlfield 3
Mortal Kombat
Dark Souls
Skyrim
L.A. Noire
Saints Row 3
Deus Ex HR
Uncharted 3

Damn, I won't have enough money for all that.
Keeping an eye on Tomb Raider and XCOM, though the last one will certainly be a 2012 title.

Probably Uncharted 3 just for the MP. I can't say I give a shit about anything else, especially with Versus XIII being 2012/13.

GhaleonQ

It's only March. People who like games made in non-English-speaking countries have no idea what's going to be localized yet.

sublimit

Banned
StuBurns said:
Is there any real chance of Ni no Kuni this year? The DS one hasn't even been officially confirmed for the West and the PS3 one isn't finished.

Indeed,just wishful thinking from my part especially if we consider how long Level 5 takes to localize their games.:/
Still i think they have said that the Japanese version will come in 2011 though.

StuBurns said:

Personally I think the required giant book eliminates any chance of a western release, but I'd love to be wrong.

IoCaster

Gold Member
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is definitely the top of my list.
skyrim1.jpg

Very closely followed by The Witcher 2.
witcher2-1.jpg

I've always been an id fanboy and that's not going to change anytime soon. Give me some Rage.
rage1.jpg

Always bet on Duke!
dnf1.jpg

DuckRacer

Mass Effect 3
Battlefield 3
Portal 2
Uncharted 3
L.A. Noire

Not anticipating Infamous 2 (everything shown hasn't really excited me) but I'll probably end up getting it. Modern Warfare 3 too if it turns out well.

I really only have 2 games I'm super excited for.

Battlefield 3-Always loved the BF series and since I'm finally passed the CoD series, I'm looking for BF3 to take a lot of time away from me just like Bf2 and BFBC2 did. Over a hundred freaking hours in BC2 alone!

Uncharted 3-Really can't wait to see how ND surpasses UC2. I'm sure its gonna be amazing.

I'll be keeping my eyes on the other big releases but I think I'll be doing most of my purchases from the psn/steam. Lately I've been enjoying playing these smaller, cheaper games that I don't have to put a whole lot of time into and finish.

mujun

Deus Ex - Love Mass Effectesque RPGs.
Dark Souls - DS was my 2nd favorite game ever.
Skyrim - Looks amazing, loved Fallout 3 and Oblivion to a lesser degree.
WWE All Stars - Looks complex while still being fun unlike say, SSFIV.
Batman - First game was amazing, this sounds more open world which is a good thing.
L.A. Noire - Love GTA style games and love the setting.
Mass Effect 3 - Probably my favorite game series.
Battle Field 3 - Hoping this is more like Bad Company than the sequel.
Homefront - Love the premise, really enjoyed Frontlines.
Saint's Row 3 - Loved 2. Straight up fun.

StuBurns

Banned
sublimit said:
Indeed,just wishful thinking from my part especially if we consider how long Level 5 takes to localize their games.:/
Still i think they have said that the Japanese version will come in 2011 though.
I'd love to see it sooner rather than later, I hope to see announcement at E3.
rainking187 said:
Personally I think the required giant book eliminates any chance of a western release, but I'd love to be wrong.
Last thing I read they weren't sure they would be having a book with the PS3 version (although they have shown what it would look like if they did) and after underwhelming sales of the DS one and shelf space issues, I can't believe they're going to ship one with every version of the PS3 one and require it for play.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rainking187 said:
I'm pretty sure that's why they said, like a year ago, 'hey we're bringing it out on PS3 eventually in the west' but no word on DS.

Though would the book with the game be that much bigger than a Rorona box? I could see Nintendo publishing it over here, and Sony doing the PS3 version.

Catherine
Dark Souls
Uncharted 3
Torchlight Xbla
Radiant Silvergun
Super Street Fighter 4 3DS
Zelda OOT 3DS

Really Looking forward to playing Zelda OOT for the first time. I been hearing it's the best Zelda for so many years now i cant wait to play it.

Infamous 2 is my most anticipated game for 2011, followed by MLB '11: The Show, L.A. Noire and Resistance 3. There are others but those 4 are the ones I have to have on Day One.

Top Bottom