• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your top 10 Playstation (1-5) Games?

SinDelta

As the title asks.

Edit 2 - Apologies I meant to ask for Playstation exclusives, or former playstation exclusives (like Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding.)

Editing as I get my thoughts in order-

1 - 13 Sentinals: Ageis Rim - Enough said. Play it.
2 - Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - Norse Myth meets Shakespeare. I was not expecting this match. Just like Kingdom Hearts with Final Fantasy and Disney, it pairs well.
3 - Ghost of Tushima - Like playing every samurai movie ever made and it's beautiful.
4 - Uncharted 2 - A world spanning adventure worthy of Indy.
5 - God of War 1 - Insane and brutal, but so was Greek mythology.
6 - Horizon Zero Dawn - Very interesting premise. Even managed to answer the question "How can someone be a worse human being then Handsome Jack?"
7 - Dragons Crown - D&D beat em up with plenty of amazing artwork, lore and loot. What's not to love?
8 - Infamous 2 - Perfected the first one.
9 - Gravity Rush - Great premise for a super hero. Kat is awesome, and so is the moving through the sky to take in breathtaking vistas.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
1. God of War 3

I loved this game. I thought the story was great. Every Single boss fight was epic. The game play was amazing. This was a really well polished game and the graphics were amazing. Still are.

2. Dead Space

This game and I mean the OG version scared the crap out of me. I remember the tight corridors and the atmosphere of the game in itself was just crazy. I jumped at every turn and it felt good to play an actual horror game. Too bad EA is deciding to destroy the Franchise slowly by making it CO-OP and more action oriented. You should of listened to the fans when we were all worried it was turning more and more in the direction of the doomed Resident Evil franchise. Good Job.

3. Red Dead Redemption

I had so much fun in this amazing world. Usually I find anything western kind of boring. The idea of it is awesome but anything I have watched or seen doesn't do it justice for me. Until you put something in Rockstar's hands and bam one of the best friggin games ever. The story was amazing including the ending and the game play was so good.

4. Metal Gear Solid 4

I know most people hate seeing this game on top tens. I love Metal Gear though. It's my favorite franchise of all time and even though it was heavy on cinematics and light on the game play, I still enjoyed it none the less. People who loved Snatcher and Policenauts would agree.

5. Dishonored

This game is one of the best original first person IP's I have played in a long time. If developers are going to over saturate the market with FPS's, then at least make an original one. The game play in this game is amazing. The story isn't anything special but the characters and environments and game play make up for it.

6. Batman Arkham Asylum

I loved Arkham City but having said that I thought the original was better. Even the ending that everyone complains about in my opinion wasn't that bad to be honest especially when it basically sets up the beginning of the second one. This should be a game that I have played several times already but sadly I have only played it once. I do plan on playing it again especially before origins comes out.

I loved this game because of the atmosphere of the Asylum. The villains and the story were amazing. I loved the Metroidvania style game play which was kind of missing in the second. I don't know it's just a better game in my opinion. Doesn't mean the second sucks at all by any means but I don't think they captured the magic quite like first one did. Also the story in the second was way too short in my opinion.

7. Uncharted 3

It might not be better then Uncharted 2 to some people but I think so. I think the story is better and the action is bigger. Everything is refined. It might not have changed much but that doesn't mean it should be berated because it didn't make a huge leap like Uncharted 2 did from Uncharted 1. It did it just as good if not a tad bit better in my opinion.

8. Far Cry 3

I debated on if this should be higher up my list which it probably should. I have seen a lot of things on the internet where they didn't think the story was that great until 3/4 of the game in. I disagree I think from beginning to end the story has been amazing. I just finished it and yea it had some cheesy parts and there isn't enough backstory on his friends to give two craps about them but it was still an engaging game none the less.

9. Mortal Kombat

This game had so much nostalgic value for me it's not even funny. I played the crap out of MKII when I was a kid and this game reminded me a lot of MKII. The campaign on this game was great and gave me hope for future fighting games to actually have a decent story mode. It really set the bar for story telling in a fighting game. I'm disappointed with the online fiasco but hopefully the next game they don't make the same mistakes.

10. Deus Ex

Never played the ones before this so I didn't know what I was getting into. All I know is Me and Cyber-Punk games...oh yea. This game was great. I felt like I was playing Shenmue a lil bit as far as the way the areas were set up. I don't know its weird to explain. I do know I will go back eventually and replay this amazing game.

Fahdis

In Order (Just naming my Favorite Exclusives):

1. Killzone 2 / Ace Combat 0 / Tekken Tag Tournament or Tekken 5
2. Uncharted 2 / Ace Combat 4
3. God of War 2 / Shadow of the Colossus
4. DriveClub
5. Infamous: Second Son / Horizon Zero Dawn
6. God of War (2018)
7. Tearaway / WipeOut Omega Collection
8. Ratchet & Clank (Original)
9. Sly Cooper and the Thevious Racoonus
10. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Honorable Mentions:
Twister Metal 2
Tekken 3
Gravity Rush
Ace Combat 2

Last edited:
This is tough and I'll miss some.

1. FFVII
2. FFX
3. Bloodborne
4. Resident Evil 2
5. The Last of Us (Haven't played 2 yet)
6. Twisted Metal 2
7. Tekken 3
8. Ace Combat 2
9. Resident Evil
10. Uncharted 4/2

Honorable Mention:
Gran Turismo
MK9
Horizon Zero Dawn

Last edited:
1) Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3) Tony Hawks Pro Skater
4) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
5) Gran Turismo 2
6) God of War [2018]
7) Tekken 5
8) Kingdom Hearts
9) Resident Evil
10) Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Calverz

10.Fat Princess
9.Destruction All stars
8.All stars battle royale (smash bros killer)
7.Medievil Remake
6.Life of black tiger
5.Mag
4.Killzone 1 (the halo killer)
3.C-12 resistance
2.Lair
1.Kung Fu Rider (pinnacle of gaming)

Banjo64

cumsessed
1. Demon’s Souls (2009)
2. Bloodborne
3. The Last of Us
4. Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy
5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
6. Ico
7. God of War III
8. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
9. Gravity Rush (Vita)
10. Journey

Difficult one.

I found the first 3 Uncharted games to all be good, and consistent in terms of writing and production quality.

Shadow of the Colossus again, was very good but shaded out by Ico for me.

The Ratchet and Clank series as a whole has been extremely consistent quality wise, I can barely separate them and love them all. As good as Spider-Man is, I don’t think it’s as good as Ratchet, and it had a lot of generic filler content.

Gran Turismo doesn’t have a spot but I can’t really separate 4, 5 and 6.

Again, no spot for Sly Cooper, another series I consider very good and consistent.

Last edited:

Caio

1) Granturismo on PSX
2) Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Adventure coop and Arena, PS3
3) Uncharted2 SP and MP, PS3
4) KillZone 2, PS3
6) MGS4, PS3
7) Horizon ZD , PS4
8) God of War, PS4
9) TLOU Part II, PS4
10)Ghost of Tsushima, PS4

Runner up : Granturismo3 on PS2, Tekken2, FFX, Tomb Raider on PSX, RE VII on PS4, Far Cry 3 on PS3, GTA IV, Katherine, God of War III, Bioshock Infinite, Destruction Derby on PSX, Wipeout, Formula One, Medievil, Crash Bandicoot, Need for Speed, Ridge Racer, FFVII and so many others. I love Playstation :D

Roufianos

If we're talking exclusives only:

1. Socom 2
2. God of War
3. MGS4
4. The Last of Us
5. Demon's Souls PS5
6. Ratchet ACIT
7. Horizon
8. Uncharted 2
9. Killzone 2
10. Spider-Man Miles Morales

PooBone

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Resident Evil (1996)
3. Silent Hill 2 (though it came to Xbox a short time later)
4. Metal Gear Solid

The rest of these are un-ordered.
The Last of Us
Ico
God of War 1
Final Fantasy VII (1997)
Uncharted 2
Journey

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Thought this was about PS1 only. Very tough if every PS is included.

Let's give it a shot, in no particular order:
- Xenogears
- Chrono Cross
- Parasite Eve
- Demon's Souls (whichever version)
- FF7
- Crash Team Racing
- Tekken 3
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- Dragon Quest 8
- Silent Hill

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
bloodborne
persona 5 royal
horizon zero dawn
the last of us (1)
death stranding

that's all i got. the rest are trash. i haven't played Demon's Souls yet but probably would include that since i love the soulsborne games.

oSoLucky

There's no way that I could possibly put them in order. There are a couple of games in the list which became multiplat later.

-Gran Turismo 4 - Still the height of the series to me, and my favorite racing game ever (for its respective time)
-Disgaea 5 - The only single player game that I have a save file over 500 hours on(not counting Dark Souls). Evolved every gameplay system across the series with the best QoL BY FAR.
-Bloodborne - The worst part of the game (Chalice dungeons), gave the Souls series an endgame that wasn't NG++++ for the first time. That shows how good the rest of the game was.
-Uncharted 2
-Tekken Tag Tournament
-Persona 5 Royal
- I would have put base P5, but since Royal improved it so much, why not?
-Journey - One of my most incredulous gaming moments: at the credits when I found out that I had actually traveled with more than 2 dozen others instead of a single friend. I also shed a tear for only the 2nd time in a game ever. The other was TWD Season 1.
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Best in series to me still. Best ending, camo was a great gimmick (though Octo one upped it)
-Dragon's Crown - Cross-play/save with Vita and PS4 cemented this as one of my favorites. Best in the genre over the last 2 decades IMO.
-GTA San Andreas - Atmosphere is still the height of the series IMO.

Of course there are too many good games to not have a few honorable mentions:
-Nier Automata
-Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Surprisingly good at nearly everything, despite all the BotW fans attempted takedowns, as if "climb anywhere" was some status quo. Frozen Wilds fixed the facial animation, which was its biggest flaw.
-Final Fantasy X-2 - Best battle system in the series IMO, and amount of secrets is a huge plus. Wasn't afraid to strike out with a tone change, which is actually DARKER than the base FFX to anyone that actually played the game and paid attention to the story.

Last edited:

Onironauta

Excluding games that were ported to other platforms:
- Shadow of the colossus
- Ico
- Demon's Souls
- Jak & Daxter: the precursors' legacy
- Crash Bandicoot Warped
- Ratchet & Clank
- Spyro 3
- Wipeout HD
- Dreams
- Tekken 4

Honourable mentions:
- Gravity Rush
- Gran Turismo 2
- rain
- MGS 4

Last edited:
1. Bloodborne
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Ico
4. Demon’s Souls
5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Symphony of the Night
7. Gradius V
8. Final Fantasy Tactics
9. The Last Guardian
10. Marvel Spider-Man

Birdo

Banned
1. Shadow of The Collosus
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Gran Turismo 1-6
4. Metal Gear Solid 4
5. Sly Cooper 2
6. Motorstorm
7. DriveClub
8. GTA: Vice City
9. Katamari Damacy
10. Ridge Racer

Lysandros

1. MGS
2. Vagrant Story
3. FF IX
4. MGS 2
5. MGS 3
6. FF X
7. MediEvil
8. Grandia
9. Ace Combat 2
10. Wipeout 2097

sncvsrtoip

1. lou2
2. lou1
3. gt sport
4. uncharted 4
5. days gone
6. parasite eve
7. mgs
8. tekken 3
9. castlevania symphony of the night
10. tomba!

Was never a huge PlayStation guy until the last couple of years of the PS3. My favourites in alphabetical order.

Bloodborne
Demon's Souls
God of War 2018
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ico
Journey
Shadow of the Colossus
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us
Uncharted 4

waquzy

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. GTA IV
3. GTA V
4. GTA: San Andreas
5. Gran Turismo 3: A-spec
6. Gran Turismo 2
7. Driver
9. Colin McRae Rally
10. Gran Turismo

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PlayStation 4 was PlayStation at their best especially with the open world genre (Spider-Man, Days Gone etc.) games now are asked to be 30+ hours, right now it’s #1. Uncharted 4 (Peak Naughty Dog) #2. God of War 3, best Kratos we’ve seen #3. Killzone 2 and it’s ability to have a AAA military campaign

Fbh

Focusing on actual exclusives:

1: Bloodborne. Took everything I liked about one of my favorite franchises (dark Souls) and put it in an amazing new setting with faster and more agile combat.
2: Shadow of the colossus: An amazing and unique game that still does large scale enemies better than anything in the 2 console gens since it released
3: Gow2018: Lost a bit of the Epic scale of the previous games but overall found it a better mix of combat, exploration and story.
4: Uncharted 2: IMO still the peak of "cinematic" gaming. Nails the feeling of playing a movie while still focusing on the action and avoiding the terrible pacing of most games like it. Great MP too (for a while)
5: Demon Souls: I like other souls games better but this is still an amazing game and has the added appeal of being the first entry in what became my favorite franchise
6: Chrono Cross: I like the story and combat better in Trigger but Chrono Cross earns a spot for having my favorite world and music in any game.
7: TLOU1: Great mix of story, atmosphere and gameplay. Great multiplayer too
8: FF7 Remake (technically still a full exclusive): Not a fan of some of the changes to the story but the combat, music and bosses are so damn good. It took over a decade but Square finally made a real time combat system I actually like as much or more than the classic turn based one.
9: Killzone 2: Great athmosphere and visuals, fun gameplay and awesome multipalyer.
10: Horizon. It's a by the numbers Ubisoft style open world but I really liked the world and combat, and I found the story surprisingly fun and compelling

Never owned a PS1 and didn't get a PS2 till about 2008ish and a PS3 till 2009 but here goes. This won't be in order either.

- Dead Space 1
- Dead Space 2
- God of War 2
- God of War 3
- Witcher 3
- Uncharted 2
- FIFAs (12 had the best soundtrack and 17 was probably my favourite gameplay, followed by 19)
- Last of Us
- Crysis 2
- Mass Effect 2

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
In no particular order

Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
The Last Guardian
Demon's Souls
Bloodborne
Gran Turismo 3
Modnation Racers
Spyro the Dragon
Silent Hill
Forbidden Siren

1. Parasite Eve
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Persona 5 Royal
4. Final Fantasy 9
5. Final Fantasy Tactics
6. Dead Space
7. Bloodborne
8. Resident Evil 2
9. Shadow of the Colossus
10. Danganronpa

stn

Sticking only to console exclusives...

1. Nioh 1
2. Street Fighter V
3. Nioh 2
4. Tekken 4
5. MGS2
6. Ghost of Tsushima
7. Bloodborne
8. Demon's Souls
9. Uncharted 2
10. Spider-Man

Honorable Mentions: Shinobi, Tekken 5, Shadow of the Colossus, Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 3
TBD: Shenmue 3, Bujingai, Onimusha 2, 3, and Dawn of Dreams

Last edited:

kunonabi

1. Revelations Persona [PS1]
2. Silent Hill 3 [PS2]
3. Resident Evil 3 [PS1]
4. Silent Hill [PS1]
5. Final Fantasy X-2 [PS2]
6. Eyeshield 21: Amefuto no Yarouze Ya! Ha! [PS2]
7. Bust-a-Move 2: Dance Tengoku Mix [PS1]
8. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment [PS1]
9. Resident Evil: Outbreak [PS2]
10. Xenogears [PS1]

These are all games in my all-time top 50 with 1-6 in the top 10. Persona is actually number 1.

There are another 4 Playstation games in my top 50.

I'm not doing the exclusive thing.

Last edited:

sn0man

This will show I’m not a huge PlayStation person but here goes. In order of best to less than that:

1.) GT3 PS2
2.) TLOU1/R PS3/4
3.) Tekken Tag Tournament PS2
4.) TLOU2 PS4
5.) GT PS1
6.) Twisted Metal: Black PS2
7.) Ratchet & Clank PS2
8.) Wipeout Omega Collection PS4
9.) Metal Gear Solid PS1 (didn’t finish it, but liked what I did play well enough)
10.) Demon’s Souls PS3 (don’t spoil it, I’m playing it right now)

Turns out I don’t play a lot of video games but those are my favorite/Top10 playstation exclusive-ish games that I’ve played enough of to beat or form a strong opinion on. Fighting and racing games I haven’t necessarily beaten 100% but that’s a lot of time in the case of a Gran Turismo game.

Barrage

1. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
2. Ratchet And Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
3. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
4. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
5. WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2)
6. Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
7. Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
8. Pyre (PS4)
9. Yakuza 0 (PS4)
10. Tekken 2 (PS1)

GametimeUK

Exclusives.

1. Uncharted 2 (PS3)
2. Warhawk (PS3)
3. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
4. The Last Guardian (PS4)
5. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
6. Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
7. Okami (PS2)
8. Demon's Souls (PS3)
9. Infamous (PS3)
10. God of War 2 (PS2)

That's in no order and just from the top of my head.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
might GIF

marcincz

1. The Last of Us
2. Uncharted series
3. Gran Turismo series
4. God of War series
5. Killzone 2

No particural order:
- MGS4
- inFamous series