• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your top 5 most anticipated games going into 2021?

SinDelta

This generation had some insanely good stuff (and some insanely terrible stuff). There are still some very promising games upcoming, with varying amounts of info known.

EDIT - What are you 5 most anticipated games as we get ready for 2021? Does not matter if they do not have a concrete release date, or if they are coming out from now to end of this year (Cyberpunk 2077 for example)

For me-
  1. Breath of the Wild 2
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Hogwarts Legacy
  4. Horizon: Forbidden West
  5. Baldur's Gate 3 (full release)
Age of Empires 4 would have been spot 5, but after AoE 3 DE I seriously have to question if it will be any good.

Dragon Age 4 by old Bioware would have made it, but current Bioware? Never.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

1. Hitman 3
2. Breath of the Wild 2
3. Horizon: FW
4. Resident Evil 8: Village
5. Ghostwire Tokyo

Thats most excited off the top of my heed, not sure BotW 2 will necessarily come out though.

I want to see Hitman 3 on some of these lists boys. If not I'll be shaking my head:

tenor.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is BOTW2 confirmed for 2021?

For me I guess it would be:
1. SMT V
2. SMT Nocturne Remaster
3. Nier Replicant
4. Monster Hunter Rise

Can't think of a fifth one. There are a lot of nice looking games coming but only those have me really interested in them.

Perrott

Gold Member
Announced:
  1. Starfield
  2. Final Fantasy XVI
  3. Elden Ring
  4. Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League
  5. Project Athia
Unannounced:
  1. "RaySpace"
  2. Silent Hill by Japan Studio
  3. New Arrowhead game
  4. New Kojima game
  5. Bloodborne Remastered

martino

1. Breath of the Wild 2
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Dying light 2
  4. Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  5. grand blue fantasy : relink
mention :
project awakening : arise (but is it really a game or the new deep down ?)
Hollow Knight: Silksong

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
1. Cyberpunk 2077
2. Outriders
3. Far Cry 6
4. Halo Infinite
5. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

This is a hard fucking list, and I'm sure I'd change is immediately after posting.

1. Final Fantasy 16
2. Demon's Souls
3. Kena
4. Horizon 2
5. Ratchet and Clank

Battlefield 6 would be on there if it was announced!

Venuspower

1. Kena: Bridge of Spirits
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. God of War
4. Dying Light 2
5. Horizon Forbidden West

Though, I am not really sure if 3 - 4 will hit a 2021 release date.

kunonabi

No More Heroes 3
Sakuna of Rice and Ruin
The King of Fighters XIV

Those are the big 3 I think. I guess I'd add Kena and that capcom sci-fi game with the little girl and the guy in the suit if I had to make it 5.

xrnzaaas

In no particular order...
- Hitman 3 - I absolutely loved Hitman 1 & 2 and I can't wait to play more levels even with the core gameplay staying the same.
- Hellblade 2 - This is probably my most anticipated Microsoft game. Maybe not enough to buy a new Xbox, but I'll definitely play it on PC.
- Evil Genius 2 - The first game is among my favorite strategies and the sequel is shaping up very nicely.
- Horizon Forbidden West - I'm counting on an incredible visual experience even if the sequel will be dragged down a little by the PS4 version.
- Gran Turismo 7 - I just hope that the game will indeed have a cool career mode as planned.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Halo
Starfield
Scorn
Hellblade
Avowed

If any of the above don't launch in 2021 I'll substitute any of these
BotW 2
Cyberpunk Series X edition
Crossfire X
Stalker

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hopefully Halo Infinte doesn't get delayed till 2022, I'd like to play that, if Nintendo can get another Zelda out of the Switch that would be nice. I'm not worried about God of War 2 at all.

Last edited:

Fbh

Not counting Cyberpunk which is a 2020 game:

1. Elden Ring.
Until a Miyazaki/FROM game lets me down, they'll always be at the top of my hype list
2. SMTV.
I vastly prefer the mainline franchise over Persona so I'm looking forward to V. It's nice seeing the franchise back on a home console (well...hybrid) and probably with some higher production values than IV (which was still great)
3. Hollow Knight Sliksong:
Was supposed to be 2020 but seems like it will slip into 2021. Loved everything about the original so even if ends up being more of the same I'm in.
4. Breath of the Wild 2.
If they can keep the sense of exploration of 1 while adding some actual Zelda style dungeons it should be one hell of a game.
EDIT: Replacing Bayonetta 3 with Granblue Fantasy Relink
5: Granblue Fantasy Relink
Everything they've shown about it has looked amazing, from the art direction to the actual gameplay. Right under SMTV as my most anticipated JRPG in quite some time

Still really hyped about Bayonetta 3 but I'll give the spot to Granblue because while it also feels like it has been in development for a long time, at least they've shown a substantial amount of content.

As a side note, I'm slightly mad that after hardly using my Switch for the past 2 years, by the time it finally starts getting some games I'm actually hyped about there's probably going to be a pro model. It will be a bit less rewarding playing them knowing it's the shitty low res version with framerate issues. Maybe switch emulation will be better by then.

Last edited:

Aion002

Elden Ring
Final Fantasy XVI* :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_sad_relieved::messenger_anxious:
Gran Blue Relink
God of War 2
Age of Empires 4

*It's Square-Enix..... I pray for the best (2021), while preparing for the worst (PS6 title).

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
1. Hood: Outlaws and Legends
2. Lemnis Gate
3. Factions II
4. Ghost Story Games RPG
5. Perfect Dark Reboot

Zero direct sequels. The way it should be.

Last edited:

Pantz

1. Final Fantasy XVI
2. Halo Infinite
3. Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
4. Gran Turismo 7
5. Pragmata

Top 4 were easy. 5 could have been many things, just need more info or closer release proximity to get more excited.

[Sigma]

I'll list 5 but at random because it's really not my top 5. I don't really have one, im not satisfied with whatever I list lol

Guilty Gear Strive
Bayonetta 3
Horizon Forbidden West
Shin Megami Tensei V
Final Fantasy XVI

Last edited:

AmuroChan

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki
God of War: Ragnarok
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Far Cry 6
Hogwarts Legacy