• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Are Your Top Soundtracks in the Sonic the Hedgehog Series?

Self explanatory. However you feel about the Sonic series as a whole, one thing people can always agree on is that the music is, at its worse, interesting. At its best, no matter how terrible or good the game the OST attached to it is. I like to believe that Sonic R is simply just a bonus attachment to some great pop group's unreleased album. Terrible game, amazing music.

I am not asking for a list, necessarily, but I'll go ahead and rank my top fifteen favorite soundtracks from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. I came up with:

15. Sonic Lost World
14. Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)
13. Sonic Mania
12. Sonic Colors
11. Sonic Unleashed
10. Sonic & Knuckles
9. Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)
8. Sonic Heroes
7. Sonic The Hedgehog 3
6. Sonic CD (JP Version)
5. Sonic R
4. Sonic Adventure 2
3. Sonic The Hedgehog
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
1. Sonic Adventure

Doesn't seem to be something I hear a lot from others but the OST from the very first game really holds up for me. There's just something special about it. Green Hill, Springyard and Labyrinth zone have such simple, catchy, feel good beats.

Codes 208

For me the undersog of unappreciated sonic tracks is wrapped in black from sonic rush. Pretty simplistic but it had a very damn catchy tune.

also:
-his world
-live and learn
-all of me
-green hill (especially this, easily my favorite track)
-ice cap zone
-open your heart
-knight of the wind
-sonic boom
-endless possibilities
-big arm boss
-doomsday zone
-sonic 2 boss theme
-city escape
-it doesnt matter
-e.g.g.m.a.n.

cheating but also “he was my friend” from the sonic movie.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

Sonic Adventure 2 is the only right answer. Adventure 1 is also pretty cool, but it lacks bangers like Metal Harbor or Green Forest. Here's my beat up copy of the first Crush 40 album, because it's totally relevant to this discussion:

UGjiMTN.jpg

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 both have a great "early 2000s licensed soundtrack" sort of feel, which is part of their charm. I like those.

I think my favs are the Genesis tracks, even the ones from Spinball. Sonic 3 + Knuckles is one of the best 16 bit OSTs ever made.

Sonic Mania has a solid soundtrack, too.

Naibel

Sonic Adventure 1 has by far my favorite soundtrack. Nostalgia aside, it had some very upbeat pop-rock tracks that greatly enhanced an otherwise not-that-great experience.

Station Square, Emerald Coast, Windy Valley had such great tracks, I like to play those stages again and again just to listen to them.

And I'm also a huge fan of the Sonic R soundtrack, haters, back off ! The 90's cheese is real, but it never fails to brighten my mood. This OST clearly saved the game from complete oblivion.

Sonic Adventure 1 has by far my favorite soundtrack. Nostalgia aside, it had some very upbeat pop-rock tracks that greatly enhanced an otherwise not-that-great experience.

Station Square, Emerald Coast, Windy Valley had such great tracks, I like to play those stages again and again just to listen to them.

And I'm also a huge fan of the Sonic R soundtrack, haters, back off ! The 90's cheese is real, but it never fails to brighten my mood. This OST clearly saved the game from complete oblivion.

I totally agree. In fact, Station Square is my favorite adventure zone music track. I like the music that plays when you reach the Egg Carrier too.

Top Bottom