• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What BC games would you like the Xbox BC team to double the frame rate on?

93xfan

Banned
With fallout 4’s 60 FPS patch on the way, what other games would you love to see the frame rate doubled?

For me, other than the obvious choice of Skyrim, I’d also like to see;

-Spyro Trilogy (To get rid of the frame pacing issues)
-Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
-Forza Horizon 2 & 3
-Tomb Raider (2013)
-Resident Evil Remake
-Oblivion

Marchizmo

sgjS1sP.jpg

Banned
For me, other than the obvious choice of Skyrim

well Skyrim already works well by simply downloading tze FPS Cap mod, get the FOV mod as well and the game instantly feels enhanced as fuck.

no achievements isn't really a big deal IMO and you can trick it as far as I know but you have to do the trick each time you start a new session, so that's a bit annoying I guess... for people that actually still care about achievements that is

Last edited:

Banned
You shouldn't have to rely on mods. A potato can run Skyrim at 60fps.

Oblivion is my favourite, so naturally I want it to run at a high framerate.

true, and it sucks that it takes developers months or even years to deliver something a single modder does in 10min sometimes, but since the mod is easy to use and works reasonably well... it's not far off from official 60fps support.

like I said earlier, download that mod, download the FOV potion mod and you're playing Skyrim at 4k60 and 120fov with ease

true, and it sucks that it takes developers months or even years to deliver something a single modder does in 10min sometimes, but since the mod is easy to use and works reasonably well... it's not far off from official 60fps support.

like I said earlier, download that mod, download the FOV potion mod and you're playing Skyrim at 4k60 and 120fov with ease

I play both on PC. I just like complaining. :messenger_grinning:

Honestly, though, before I bought my current PC I picked up a One X thinking I could play Oblivion in 4K at a high framerate. Disappointing.

GametimeUK

Gears 2 and 3 for me. I really want to play through the Gears franchise and Gears 3 is the only one I have yet to play from the numbered entries.

II_JumPeR_I

I first would like to see some communication again... its weird that they can enhance the games some way but havent said anything since these announcements.
I expected a batch of new games for BC but nothing happened at all

Edit: happy new year

Last edited:
Asura’s Wrath. Animation would look so great at a smooth 60fps.

Final Fantasy XIII because the pc port just refuses to work for me.

But really pretty much everything should be at 60fps.

TheRobot

RDR
Batman games
Assassin's Creed games
Fable games

Do they only double the FPS of 360 titles?

Last edited:

evanft

Almost every game mentioned so far can be played at 60 or above on PC, some quite easily with older hardware. I played Skyrim at 60 fps in 2011.

I'll limit my list to games that aren't available on PC and are currently compatible.
  • Blue Dragon
  • Crackdown 1
  • Crash Team Racing
  • The Darkness
  • Fable II
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Red Dead Redemption

Shut0wen

They need to fix deus ex human revolution, i have the directors cut and the framerate drops to almost 5 fps a second, especially when you get to shanghai

93xfan

Banned
Almost every game mentioned so far can be played at 60 or above on PC, some quite easily with older hardware. I played Skyrim at 60 fps in 2011.

I'll limit my list to games that aren't available on PC and are currently compatible.
  • Blue Dragon
  • Crackdown 1
  • Crash Team Racing
  • The Darkness
  • Fable II
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Red Dead Redemption
I had no clue CTR is 30fps! What in the world?!

These aren't backwards compatible (yet?) but: PGR2, 3 and 4 @ 60 fps would make me very happy... in the pants region :messenger_grinning_sweat: .

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Split/second is still amazing at 30 fps, but I can imagine it being fucking bonkers at 60/120; though I'm pretty sure changing the framerate in that game breaks some of the logic/physics stuff.

Top Bottom