• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What can 'Factions II' do to become a multiplayer juggernaut?

Kokoloko85

Maybe F2P? Make a deep multiplayer.
PVP and probably some Battle Royal mode on top of things cause thats what alot of people love now days.

Personally Im not too into PVP games but more PVE/Co-op games. So Id love a co-op /PVE game where you Survival/Build/Craft in the TLOU world and against other Players/Factions/Gangs etc. A bit like 7 days to die but different. Add some Coop like GTA online RDR missions.
Then have PVP modes on top of that etc

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Go after Rust style gameplay.

Rust has steadily grown in players for the last 6 years and it's still a janky mess. If Naughty Dog took that formula and polished it up, Factions II would be a juggernaut.

JoeBudden

Not going to lie, I think Sony made a big mistake putting a lot of money behind this game. It just feels way too niche to ever be a massive multiplayer game.

yurinka

I think the only thing they could do would be to ban CoD, Fortnite, GTA and Apex Legends etc from PlayStation. xDD

Now seriously, it must be crossgen and free at least for TLOU2 owners. Add from the best performing MP games what makes them that successful and add unique stuff to differientiate from them. And maybe even release it on PC 6 months after the PS release. In addition to this, release short single player? story segments as part of the periodical post launch content filling bridges between TLOU1 and TLO2 (focusing on Joel and some adventures he had with his brother in this period), between TLOU2 and TLOU3 (finding, torturing and killing Abby) and some pre-TLOU1 stuff (who were the Ellie's parents, their possible relationship with the Fireflies and why she is inmune).

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It needs to launch everywhere at no cost. If this isn't on PS4/PS5/PC at launch, it's as good as an afterthought.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
- Free to Play on PlayStation
- No Cross play (I was an advocate for cross play and believe in it. But until developers can do a better job of cheaters, there should be no cross play.)
- Speed up the gameplay (Original Factions was just too clunky and slow.)
- Add a Round Based objective Demolition/Search & Destroy type game-mode (SURVIVORS was campy as there was no objective.)
- Don't ruin it with DLC weapons, like you have on all of Uncharted games and the last Factions. ND has a tendency to ruin games with DLC.
- 120fps
- Battle Royale? It would make sense with the whole TOOL BOX implementation of their core gameplay, I think they could create a unique experience in this universe and I would be open to it.
- Get rid of ARMOR for Multiplayer but leave it for a Battle Royale if it even exists.
- Smoke Grenades with Shiv is OP af, tone it down.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Top Bottom