• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What consoles do you current have hooked up to your TV?

Shantae

Banned
Now for something a little more lighthearted. Been spending so much time in negative threads lately, that I just wanted to post about something that made me curious what everyone else's story is. This thought occurred to me when I realized how crazy my current set up is how I have 3 generations of Playstations currently hooked up to my TV at the moment lol.

PW7rSS7.jpg

I currently got PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Switch all hooked up at to some input or switch box right now.

apjt7f7.jpg

Plus an HDMI wire that I run to my desk to switch between the SNES Classic and Sega Genesis Mini consoles.

Feel like the oddest one I have hooked up right now is the PS2, but I've looking at going back and playing some PS2 RPGs like Xenosaga, and the dot.hack series, so I might actually put it to use soon. I haven't played a ton of the PS3 and 360 lately, but I always like having em there whenever the urge arises. I got games on my shelf that I know I'd like to get, especially on PS3 like 3d dot game heroes. I WAS gonna play Nier on it, but then they went and announced that remaster.

Xbox 360 is probably the second weirdest one to keep hooked up because I could just get an Xbox One and save some space for most games, but there are a few games that are not BC that I still wanna play. Like the UbiSoft Naruto titles, and Phantasy Star Universe are on my shelf.

Admittedly I probably do play current gen consoles the most. Nintendo Switch is the best because I love it's portability, and docking for when I'm home.

I don't know if this thread will turn out completely lame, and I'm just an odd duck who has a bunch of shit still hooked up, and most people only use current gen, but I wanted to see what the result is.

Eimran

PS3 and 4. My monitor has my retro collection attached 360/PS3 (additionele), PS2 , gamecube, N64, Sega etc

Vanethyr

I'm too ashamed to post pictures of my cable management (or lack thereof), but I currently have my Dreamcast, OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One X, PlayStation 2 (slim), PlayStation 3 (slim), PlayStation TV, PlayStation 4 Pro (with VR headset), GameCube, Wii U, and Switch connected. Like you I thought it was just me being a combination of odd and lazy having everything hooked up at once, but it's good to see I'm not alone :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Once I'm happy with my setup I think I'll invest some more time and money in tidying it all up, cos as it stands I still keep moving stuff around to find their optimal spots.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
I'm too ashamed to post pictures of my cable management (or lack thereof), but I currently have my Dreamcast, OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One X, PlayStation 2 (slim), PlayStation 3 (slim), PlayStation TV, PlayStation 4 Pro (with VR headset), GameCube, Wii U, and Switch connected. Like you I thought it was just me being a combination of odd and lazy having everything hooked up at once, but it's good to see I'm not alone :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Once I'm happy with my setup I think I'll invest some more time and money in tidying it all up, cos as it stands I still keep moving stuff around to find their optimal spots.
Shit, I forgot to mention that the Playstation TV was also buried underneath the PS2 contoller also, :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Yeah, I recently even tried to rearrange and manage the wires better. Ran some behind wall tubing, and got wire straps to keep some condensed, but the shit is out of control for me.

In living room:

Xbox 360
mrrgf3v.jpg

In my room:

Computer screen:

PC, PS4, Wii U, and Switch as well (forgot to mention the Switch in the initial post)

2Jfb2GC.jpg

DyHqysF.jpg

CRT TV:

None at the moment

o9RrF8g.jpg

edit: added pictures of the consoles and PC layout

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
In living room:

Xbox 360

In my room:

Computer screen:

PC, PS4, Wii U

CRT TV:

None at the moment
If we wanna talk about secondary TVs, I guess I could also add that I have a Sega Saturn hooked up to a CRT that I keep in a corner. I had the PS2 hooked up to it originally, because I think PS2 looks sharper on the CRT, but I need to reorganize where the CRT is.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
PS4 Pro and XBOX One X on my modern set-up, and my gaming behemoth I currently have my XBOX 360 and PC hooked up to my monitor, and an A/V switcher hooked up to my CRT with PS1, Gamecube, N64, and SNES hooked up. Then I have my Wii currently hooked up on my smaller, old HD TV. Playing some Metroid Prime 2, and the 480p boost looks great on a smaller HD TV.

And yes I agree. I just play games and enjoy life, I don't buy into any of this console way garbage. I play em' all!

Living Room (Sony Z9D LCD) - PS4 Pro and Switch
Gaming Room (Sony XBR6) - Xbox (fatty), PS3 (Slim), WIIU, and PS4.
Son's Room (Samsung LCD) - Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Atari (can't remember which one)

Can't wait to add PS5 to mix. It will likely take the place of PS4 Pro. I am at that stage in life where I don't have time to play many of the games I own

Shantae

Banned
Living Room (Sony Z9D LCD) - PS4 Pro and Switch
Gaming Room (Sony XBR6) - Xbox (fatty), PS3 (Slim), WIIU, and PS4.
Son's Room (Samsung LCD) - Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Atari (can't remember which one)

Can't wait to add PS5 to mix. It will likely take the place of PS4 Pro. I am at that stage in life where I don't have time to play many of the games I own
Oh I've been at that stage for years, lol. I just like keeping my options open.

Dark Star

PS4 and PS2

I barely play my PS2 these days, but it's nice to have hooked up for the rare occasion that I do play an old game for nostalgia.

In my room I have the Switch hooked up to one HDMI out, and a KINIVO switch thing hooking up the PS4, SNES Mini, Genesis Mini and Wii U to the other HDMI out. It's a bit of a nightmare of cables behind my TV since it's not exactly spacious here lol.

I also have a Xbox One and a PS3 hooked up in the living room, but I don't game there too often because it's a bit too bright for my cave dwelling tastes.

Arthimura

PS4, PS3, Nintendo Switch and Wii U.

I play mostly PS4 and PS3, starting to play the Nintendo Switch more often, and at least once a year i play my Wii U too.

Gamerguy84

PS4PRO and an original Wii downstairs.

PS4PRO with a PS3 upstairs sitting right beside it that I can swap the power a d HDMI cord real fast occasionally.

Last edited:
Just a PS4 Pro. I gave my Switch to my ex, and got a Lite instead.

I do have a 30ft HDMI running from my PC for certain games. I'd much rather run Forza Horizon 4 on my 4K tv then my 1080p monitor.

lachesis

Living Room 65" OLED - PS4 Pro, Switch, HTPC for Steam streaming

Basement 42" LED - Wii U, PS3, NES Mini, SNES Mini, MegaDrive Mini, and Playstation Mini

Last edited:
Xbox One S, PS4 and a SNES Mini all hooked up to my bedroom TV! The X1S and the PS4 will be replaced by their new counterparts this fall. Plus I'm planning to get a new TV during Black Friday as well.

Naked Lunch

My setup is fucking absurd at the moment.
NES, SNES, N64
Gamecube (aka F-Zero GX player)
Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast
Original Xbox (aka Outrun2 player)
Xbox 360, PS3
Xbox 1 X

Running RetroTINK 2X and an OSSC for the Classic stuff.
Scart for Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, SNES.
S-video for N64. Carby HDMI for Gamecube. Composite for NES.
HDMI for the rest.

Because of the lockdown I was really able to research how to hook up my old classics to an HDTV. I have a huge retro library that was just sitting in storage for years.

Last edited:

Breakage

Xbox 360 since 2010. Nowadays it isn't even hooked up. It just sits under my TV. I put the wires away last summer.

Last edited:

Banned
PS4 Pro, PS3 SS, Xbox One X, Xbox 360 S, Xbox (modded), Switch, Wii U, SNES Mini, NES Mini.

they're technically not all connected at the same time of course, gotta switch HDMI cables n stuff.

usually connected are the Pro, the One X, the Switch and the 360.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 Pro // Xbox One X
PS3 // Xbox 360

The older 2 will be retired when I get the PS5 and Series X. Thank you for your service 😢

Thankfully my TV has 4 HDMI ports so there's no pissing round with changing the inputs etc.

sublimit

Banned
I have 2 PS4s (original and slim), 2 PS3s (Slim and superslim), 3 PS2s (slims), WiiU and a Wii (that also plays GC games) all hooked up in 4 different set ups.

Last edited:

dolabla

I currently have:

PS4 Pro, X1X, Analogue Mega SG, Analogue Super NT and RetroUSB AVS

PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, NES (RGB modded), SNES Jr. (RGB modded) and Genesis all through the Framemeister and OSSC.

I'll be hooking up my PS3, Wii U (they're both currently hooked up in another room along with my original PS4) and Gamecube as well since I now have the room to add them with those other systems. I'll be getting the N64 RGB modded so that will also be added at a later date.

Cato

Banned
Currently hooked up to the two screens in the sony room?

PS1, PS2(AU), PS2(JP), PS3, PS4, PSP, PSClassic.

Have a bunch more sony consoles, PSPs and Vitas there too but they are not hooked up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom