• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What consoles do you current have hooked up to your TV?

Main TV: PS4 Pro, Switch, Xbox One X, PS3
Office/Man Cave: GameCube (with GCLoader and Carby), Mega SG, Super Nt (with SD2SNES Pro)

Havoc2049

I don’t game on the living room TV. With a family, there are too many distractions.

Viotek 27” curved QHD gaming monitor:
XB1X, PC and X360

Panasonic 4:3 32”CRT:
XB, GC, Saturn, Dreamcast, CDX, Nuon, 7800, XEGS and Jaguar/Jag CD combo.

Gaming room - X1X, mini SNES, mini NES, Wii U (the last one isn't connected anymore though).

PC is in the home office.

Roaming with the kids/play rooms - Surface, Switch and OG Xbox one.

Family

PS4Pro
PS3
Switch

Cave

PS4Pro
PSVR

Kid

PS4
Xbox One
Broken PS4 - launch PS4 that we destroyed. Teaching him components.

Garage

PS3 with Arcade Stick... Until I build my cabinet.

Kawika

NES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, GC, Saturn, Dreamcast, Wii, SNES, PCE, GBX via GC adapter > to my Sony PVM 20L5 CRT and Split back down to my OSSC > to my 4K tv which has a PS4 Pro, Xbox X, PS3, Wii U, Switch, Super NT, Mega SG, & a MiSTer FPGA. Yes, two tvs in the same room with all those systems. All systems can be played on the 4K and only the retro ones on the CRT.

Also have the mini consoles that sit in my closet because I would rather not deal with the bad emulation.

Xplainin

Banned
I have XOX and PS 4 Pro.
Kid has XOX.
I might sell the PS4 now, minus the games, and keep playing the XSX until both new consoles are out.

Last edited:

Digity

SNES
Genesis
Ps1
Ps2
Ps3
Ps4
Switch

Edit - Forgot to add the Switch, forgot I even have that thing, just collects dust lol.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Have Xbox one X a PS4 and a switch on my main tv and upstairs i have a ton of old consoles that are attached to a tv up there

shaddam

My LG 4K: PS Classic, PS3 slim,PS4 fat. Lately I played lot of my ps3 backlog. My PS Classic is full of cool games, sometimes too much
My Sony Trinitron: PS2 fat with HDD, and a C64, but I dont have floppy drive or sd adapter, so its collecting dust :(

Now for something a little more lighthearted. Been spending so much time in negative threads lately, that I just wanted to post about something that made me curious what everyone else's story is. This thought occurred to me when I realized how crazy my current set up is how I have 3 generations of Playstations currently hooked up to my TV at the moment lol.

PW7rSS7.jpg

I currently got PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Switch all hooked up at to some input or switch box right now.

apjt7f7.jpg

Plus an HDMI wire that I run to my desk to switch between the SNES Classic and Sega Genesis Mini consoles.

Feel like the oddest one I have hooked up right now is the PS2, but I've looking at going back and playing some PS2 RPGs like Xenosaga, and the dot.hack series, so I might actually put it to use soon. I haven't played a ton of the PS3 and 360 lately, but I always like having em there whenever the urge arises. I got games on my shelf that I know I'd like to get, especially on PS3 like 3d dot game heroes. I WAS gonna play Nier on it, but then they went and announced that remaster.

Xbox 360 is probably the second weirdest one to keep hooked up because I could just get an Xbox One and save some space for most games, but there are a few games that are not BC that I still wanna play. Like the UbiSoft Naruto titles, and Phantasy Star Universe are on my shelf.

Admittedly I probably do play current gen consoles the most. Nintendo Switch is the best because I love it's portability, and docking for when I'm home.

I don't know if this thread will turn out completely lame, and I'm just an odd duck who has a bunch of shit still hooked up, and most people only use current gen, but I wanted to see what the result is.
I appreciate the effort of making a positive thread rather than ruminating on the negativity that's been going around lately.

But to add to the conversation, I feel like I'm the odd one out. I only have consoles hooked up to the TV if I'm currently using it. I have all my cables in separate compartments, all labeled for the different consoles I have. The consoles itself, however, are all sitting nice and dust-free on a shelf adjacent to my TV. It's a lengthy process just to play games, but I'm willing to sacrifice ease of use for peace of mind.

Ridaxan

PS4Pro and Switch. Though the PS4 is probably going in to storage once I'm done with TLOU2.

Last edited:

JustJavi

I've got a ps4, an xbox one and a switch connected to one tv. I have a snes, a nintendo 64, a wii and a wii u connected to another one.

Hal.

One X, Switch, and PS4 Pro collecting dust as I've realised I don't much like walking simulators anymore (lol epic banter). Wii U periodically if I want to play Pikmin or Metroid Prime.

Then to my PC monitor I have my PC, Famicom Mini, Megadrive Mini, PS Classic.

Depending on backwards compatibility, I fully expect to trade in the One X and PS4 for the next gen consoles.

Unfortunately I just can't live without Demon's Souls.

Aidah

PC, PS4 Pro, Switch, One X.
PC covers the new but also a lot of the old.
One X covers a bit of the old, I don't use it for anything new though.
I do also play past generations every now and then on their original consoles (mostly Wii via Wii U), but for those I just hook them up temporarily when I want to play something.

acm2000

Nvidia Sheild TV 2017 with Geforce Now Free and Stadia free Trial, also in home streaming from my gaming laptop upstairs thanks to Geforce Gamestream.

Last edited:

Roberts

Just Xbox One X and Ps4 Pro. Connected original Xbox few days ago to try out the hdmi cable I got for it, but that fun lasted for 5 or 10 minutes and the console is back in the basement.

AdamisFox

In the living room : PS4, 3, Switch, GameCube, Dreamcast, Saturn.
In the bedroom : Megadrive, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64.

I only have a PC, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, and Switch. Anything older than that can be emulated well in superior quality and with a better controller so I eBayed all the older systems years ago.

Switch is getting close to being able to be emulated well enough so that might be the next system to go up on eBay next year. Yuzu is making good progress.

GreatnessRD

Living room
  • PS3
  • PS2
  • Switch
  • Steam Link (Collecting dust)
  • Sega Genesis
  • N64
Bedroom
  • PS4
  • PC
About to return the PS4 back to Living room soon. Just been too lazy to move it.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Living Room 55” UHD - PS4Pro and Switch
Office/Guest Room 40” FullHD - PC and WiiU

Last edited:

Jacknapes

PS4 and Switch, only have 2 HDMI ports on the TV (and not many spare plugs). My other consoles are at my parents as i have no room for them in the flat at the moment (the attic space i have isn't suitable, but it's being sorted)

IDappa

Ps4, Xbox One X and a switch. I've tried a PC setup there also but it's too hard when you have a toddler running around. For me anyway.

RAIDEN1

So from time to time I switch up between the Xbox-1 PS4, SNES Mini and occasionally the 360, (especially if there are games on that system that you can't play on Xbox1 ie Renegade Ops, and Top Spin Tennis..got no room to also add the PS3..lol

PS4 Pro
PC (hooked into both TV and separate Monitor)
PS3 -- Custom Firmware; mostly use it these days as a Region Free DVD/Blu Player
Xbox One X -- mostly using it for Backwards Compat and nothing more

Dreamcast through the VGA port on TV as well

Last edited:

Soodanim

3 HDMI ports.
PS3 aka my Blu-Ray player
Nintendo (Wii U, swapped for SNES Mini on occasion)
PC

I’d like to avoid getting a switcher. It means having more tech plugged in and cuts down on the cleanliness of the setup. SNES only comes out about as often as Reptile’s hints in MK1 anyway.

Garnox

Two monitor set ups.

Living Room - PS4 and Switch

Media Room - XBOX One, Wii U, NES/SNES/Genesis Mini, PS2, and Home Theater PC.

Main TV: 360, X1X, PS3, PS4 Pro (2 x Ryzen HTPCs with second side by side TV)

Workout/REC room: 360, X1S, NES mini, SNES mini, Sega Genesis mini, PSOne mini.

Last edited:
Top Bottom