• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you eat before getting shredded out of your F***ING MIND?

keraj37

banana shake with two banans
giphy.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I love Beyond Raw
bananas are an excellent source of carbs, and there's skim milk

i would put some way in there but i don't think that stuff makes much difference
You can speculate on bananas, your body will be just fine without them

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Getting shredded, as in, getting exercise?

I like to eat a banana, couple of eggs, slice of sourdough bread, and a squeezed lemon in glass of water.

danielberg

Neophyte
Whatever its just fruit, carb and protein, i dont make things complicated so its basically mix match after workout.
1.apple, banana, pear whatever
2.brown rice, nudels, good bread, oats, veggies/mainly brokkoli
3.beans,fish,chicken breast, cottage cheese, peanut butter, eggs

You can make it all really complicated but it all comes down to stuff about food you basically already learned in school, workout and just don't overeat even on the healthy stuff lol

Last edited:

GymWolf

Right now i'm in def regime so i eat always the same shitty but healty things like chicken, sliced turkey, simple salads, white fish, tuna, rye bread, ananas, watermelon and a shitload of raw fennel...

No pasta, no fried food, no regular bread, no fat meat, no icecream, no candies not even lemon tea or sugary fruit...

I'm dying out here but i have an ams trip in august where i gonna eat like 20.000 calories a day lol...

Last edited:

bati

Right now i'm in def regime so i eat always the same shitty but healty things like chicken, sliced turkey, simple salads, white fish, tuna, rye bread, ananas, watermelon and a shitload of raw fennel...

No pasta, no fried food, no regular bread, no fat meat, no icecream, no candies not even lemon tea or sugary fruit...

I'm dying out here but i have an ams trip in august where i gonna eat like 20.000 calories a day lol...

How much does frying meat/fish in a pan actually add though? I've read that not much oil is actually absorbed. I've been eating this literally every day for the last 6 months and dropped about 15kg. Rest of my diet is pretty clear though, it's just the oil that's the unknown component.

GymWolf

How much does frying meat/fish in a pan actually add though? I've read that not much oil is actually absorbed. I've been eating this literally every day for the last 6 months and dropped about 15kg. Rest of my diet is pretty clear though, it's just the oil that's the unknown component.
if you are in caloric deficit you still lose weight even with fried food.
avoiding fried oil and other unhealty foods is more of an healty choice (and without the added calories from the friying process, you can eat more and i'm a very big and hungry guy)

also i consume raw olive oil in salads or with everything really, is more healty like that and you don't ruin all the good fats from the oil.

the only fats i consume during def regime are from salmon, almonds, nuts, olive oil and 30 months old parmiggiano reggiano, very good and healty fats (and very caloric unfortunately)

of course i don't eat like this all year long.

sorry for my english

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
When I used to hit the gym I'd eat some oatmeal with almonds.

bati

if you are in caloric deficit you still lose weight even with fried food.
avoiding fried oil and other unhealty foods is more of an healty choice (and without the added calories from the friying process, you can eat more and i'm a very big and hungry guy)

also i consume raw olive oil in salads or with everything really, is more healty like that and you don't ruin all the good fats from the oil.

the only fats i consume during def regime are from salmon, almonds, nuts, olive oil and 30 months old parmiggiano reggiano, very good and healty fats (and very caloric unfortunately)

of course i don't eat like this all year long.

sorry for my english

I'm familiar with all that, but my diet is measured precisely except for the oil part. I obviously can't use the values listed on the oil itself because like 80% is left over after frying, with some of it on the cover of the pan. So I'm curious how much oil is absorbed into an average lean chicken breast while pan frying.

My main problem is that I'd rather eat cardboard than boiled chicken. The very thought of it makes me want to puke in my mouth lol.

TacosNSalsa

When i used to body build it was simply "Bro" food. Baked/roasted skinless chicken breast , brown rice , broccoli, I've always seen sweet potato included but f*ck that I hate that stuff so probably not 100% optimal but I didn't care I was never going on stage

. This is great for cutting because of the amount of food you can fit into 500 cals. Mrs.Dash with a pinch of salt is great for seasoning and made it more bearable.

GymWolf

I'm familiar with all that, but my diet is measured precisely except for the oil part. I obviously can't use the values listed on the oil itself because like 80% is left over after frying, with some of it on the cover of the pan. So I'm curious how much oil is absorbed into an average lean chicken breast while pan frying.

My main problem is that I'd rather eat cardboard than boiled chicken. The very thought of it makes me want to puke in my mouth lol.
And why you have to eat boiled chicken?

You have a lot of recipe for chicken without adding calories...

Even a simple seasoning with paprika and onion weed (chives in english?) is 100x times better than boiled...

Also you can eat turkey or white fish or red meat without fat etc.

You don't have to eat only chicken.

Last edited:

GymWolf

When i used to body build it was simply "Bro" food. Baked/roasted skinless chicken breast , brown rice , broccoli, I've always seen sweet potato included but f*ck that I hate that stuff so probably not 100% optimal but I didn't care I was never going on stage

. This is great for cutting because of the amount of food you can fit into 500 cals. Mrs.Dash with a pinch of salt is great for seasoning and made it more bearable.
500 calories for meal i hope...

GymWolf

Why is “sorry for my English” always preceded by a post of near-perfect English? 😂
Because i'm really insecure about my english and in italy i have no one who practice with me.

I learned english from vg, serial tv, films and my annual trip in foreign land.
Sometimes i'm not even sure if some words are real or created by me lol...

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Because i'm really insecure about my english and in italy i have no one who practise with me.

I learned english from vg, serial tv, films and my annual trip in foreign land.
Sometimes i' m not even sure if some word are real or created by me lol...

Honestly wouldn’t have known if you hadn’t mentioned it

bati

And why you have to eat boiled chicken?

You have a lot of recipe for chicken without adding calories...

Even a simple seasoning with paprika and onion weed (chives in english?) is 100x times better than boiled...

Also you can eat turkey or white fish or red meat without fat etc.

You don't have to eat only chicken.

I don't only eat chicken. How many ways do you think there are to prepare meat? You cook (boil), fry, bake or grill it. The latter two are too time consuming to do every day between work and gym and I don't like the texture of cooked meat. Fish is acceptable, but not codfish which I mostly eat.

TacosNSalsa

500 calories for meal i hope...
lol yes 500 cals a day would probably be a bad idea especially if you're still weight training . ..pair that type of meal with intermittent fasting I got so sick of food and eating that it was easy to keep the lbs off..

GymWolf

lol yes 500 cals a day would probably be a bad idea especially if you're still weight training . ..pair that type of meal with intermittent fasting I got so sick of food and eating that it was easy to keep the lbs off..
500 calories is ok if you are a 35kg midget who work in a mattress factory as a tester...

Also lucky you, i'm always fucking hungry...

I'm saving my hungry for the summer trip lol.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

500 calories is ok if you are a 35kg midget who work in a mattress factory as a tester...

Also lucky you, i'm always fucking hungry...

I'm saving my hungry for the summer trip lol.
At first it was a nightmare. But once I really dug into intermittent fasting and gave my self a 6 hour eating window it became very easy to not want to eat. Trying to stuff your face with 500 cals every 2 hrs with a meal that includes something as filling as brown rice and broccoli was just ...ugh...

GymWolf

At first it was a nightmare. But once I really dug into intermittent fasting and gave my self a 6 hour eating window it became very easy to not want to eat. Trying to stuff your face with 500 cals every 2 hrs with a meal that includes something as filling as brown rice and broccoli was just ...ugh...
And that's why i don't use complicated diet regime like intermittent fasting etc.

A simple iper-proteic hypo-caloric diet with breakfast, lunch and dinner is enough to achieve good results.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

And that's why i don't use complicated diet regime like intermittent fasting etc.

A simple iper-proteic hypo-caloric diet with breakfast, lunch and dinner is enough to achieve good results.
Man I was OBSESSED when I first started and the results started to show . I would count every calorie , make sure would only eat during my window and write everything down I did at the gym .

It got so bad that ...
That before going down on my girlfriend once I whipped out my phone and looked up if pussy juice has calories. It was supposed to be a joke but I swear , if a result popped up that said it has more than 10 cals I was ready to buss out the Saran wrap for dental damn.
...umm... she was not pleased or amused at the time

GymWolf

Man I was OBSESSED when I first started and the results started to show . I would count every calorie , make sure would only eat during my window and write everything down I did at the gym .

It got so bad that ...
That before going down on my girlfriend once I whipped out my phone and looked up if pussy juice has calories. It was supposed to be a joke but I swear , if a result popped up that said it has more than 10 cals I was ready to buss out the Saran wrap for dental damn.
...umm... she was not pleased or amused at the time
Same thing for me when i started serious diet and bodybuilding like 15 years ago.

Now i'm more chill with everything.

Pejo

Oh I thought you meant shredded as in drunk. I was coming in to say carne asada fries and chicken wings.

Top Bottom