• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you hate about current gen consoles?

I hate that I can't use the DualSense and all its features on all my consoles.

Every other current controller feels like garbage in comparison.

Last edited:

saintjules

I think the thing that stood out for me the most is the bare bones start on the PS5 UI. There's been a number of things you could do such as organizing your library and such on the PS4 that's currently not present on the PS5.

I know that will be implemented in the future, but it's a bit weird to start all over again with that. It makes navigating to find games feel rough.

Last edited:
PS5:
- random disc spinning is really awful
- UI is missing features that PS4 had
- Store should have a dedicated "folder" for the specific game that you're looking for and that would contain all different versions and add-ons.
- it doesn't recharge my headphones through usb while on stand-by
- digital prices are more expensive than physical --> I turned into digital in early PS4 years but now I'm buying physical because of the price difference. Demon's Souls Remake on disc was 20 euros cheaper than on PSN on launch day

EDIT. Also where's BB PS5 update?!?

Can't say about Switch or Xbox Series X.
I tried XSX at my friends' house and it seemed really slow to download and install game, eventhough my friend has pretty fast internet.

Last edited:

Fbh

That Sony is charging almost $720 + tax for the physical edition here. They couldn't even leave the digital to physical version price difference as it was. $200 for a fucking disc drive.

Zuzu

I would have liked an optical connection and Bluetooth support on the Series X & Switch so I can connect any pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones to them.

Dav-Kripler

Honestly my biggest beef is that even if you buy a game digitally, it still uses up a ton of HDD space. This was a problem with dinner games on ps3/360 but since ps4/x1 you just have to keep doing hard drive management to the point that most of the games you own you can't even play when the mood hits you.

MrS

Banned
But its not. Treat anything rough it breaks. My two Dualsense work fine
Prolly cause you're alternating between them. I had one, used it for 3 months, and the R2 trigger broke. Sony issued a new one. It's a known issue. Nothing to do with "treating it rough", silly billy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Started last gen. Got to install games. There goes the storage space.

On 360, you run the games straight off the disc for probably 95% of games. I milked a 20 gb Pro model for 6 years as all the dashboard updates, patches, DLC, indie games never came close to maxing out the 20 gb drive.

Only upgraded since I got RRoD in year 6.

rapid32.5

XSX- slow downloads compared to PS5, Twitch app crashes, quick resume crashes.

Ps5- expensive games, no Game Pass, no multimedia app, Dual sense has shorter battery life than DualShock 4. Boring UI.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
PS5 OS seems like a massive step back from the PS4 OS, like everything is buried one layer deeper than it needs to be. I still have issues updating PS4 games at times. I had to delete and reinstall Overwatch to get the latest patch.

Orpheum

PS5:

No dynamic themes
it's fucking huge man...

no Bloodborne PS5 version. (I'll say it until Sony does it)

ksdixon

I really, really, hate PS5's OS. If PS5 didn't have the good download/install/load times, I'd likely have run right back to my PS4.

I'd at least like folder and theme support, let me turn it blue instead of drab grey. But I also dislike how menu items are split between top row on dashboard, and as part of the bottom row on the pop-up cards menu. At least duplicate every item on each navigation bar and allow users to hide ones they don't care about.

Also the PS5' UI applies an effect when the background image changes that really annoys me. It appears as if while the new image fades in it's also adjusting itself before standing still. Just horrible.

The Dualsense home button position between the two sticks is more discomfortable to reach than the PS4's controller. Even touching the dualsense home button isn't good because it isn't a rounded normal button but an uneven one since it's the Playstation logo.

Neff

Even touching the dualsense home button isn't good because it isn't a rounded normal button but an uneven one since it's the Playstation logo.

I agree with this. It feels like a strange thing to complain about, but I would have preferred a normal button over a logo-shaped piece of plastic (it looks cool though).

Top Bottom