• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you like most about NeoNeoGAF?

Papa

Banned
For me, it’s the sense of community that has evolved organically over the last 3 years. It feels like GAF pre-2012 before the crazies wrested control and forced a top down grievance culture. Lots of larger than life personalities (plus Melon Melon ‘s huge personalities), camaraderie, in jokes, memes, and fun little games like forum survivor. I think the reactions were a huge addition in this regard as they allow lurkers to contribute quietly and cut down on the noise. They also provide a broader range of social interaction than words alone. It’s awesome to know that you made others laugh and there’s only so much a written “lol” can convey. Banter and levity are the main reasons I use Internet forums and modern GAF is the best I’ve experienced in my 20 odd years of internet.

Also the variety. OT is my main haunt for the shitposts and lols but I can cruise over to Pol if I’m in the mood to crush farnsgoths or once in a blue moon I might observe some console wars and teraflopping on Gaming side. There’s also MetaGAF and VirginGAF for some ultra shitposting if I’m feeling autistic, or if I‘ve got a craving for some schadenfreude I can browse the Ree thread. Finally, the ban review thread/ban history page are probably the best thing about the rebuild. The transparency and accountability they provide lay the platform for the aforementioned organically evolved culture.

Anyway, cheers to the next three years cunts 🍻 I can only see it getting better from here. That is, until brap brap gets permed again and I die inside 😔

Positive vibes only.

Number one....A class moderation
You can have an opinion that is different from someone else's and you wont get dogpiled/banned for it

Once people realise this place isnt some alt right nazi site and not everything needs to have SJW or political crap inserted into everything you get to enjoy the community which has sort of banded together over the last couple of years

nush

Gold Member

Papa

Banned
The shitposts

second would be the politics forum. Cleans up SO much

My only concern with the Politics forum is that it’s a breeding ground for the Ree types. Like they get banned from Ree then come back here and either camp Politics or the Ree thread. Ree thread ain’t too bad, whatever, there’s an open commie posting in there, commie hat avatar and all, but he’s mostly containing himself there. Politics is a different beast though as it’s where subcultures form and then infect the rest of the forum. The Ree types are like rats and they can overwhelm and infect you with their plague; statement posters who only come here to wave their team flag rather than discuss. Mods are doing a great job right now squashing the obvious flag waving activist types but we’ll see how it goes as the Ree ship keeps sinking and more of them seek dry refuge. I’ve no doubt that the mod bods are ready though.

nush

Gold Member
I’ve no doubt that the mod bods are ready though.
ywy-Hi-Rc-BN3-Az.gif

Being able to say what I want without mods breathing down my neck. At least, I don't think I've said anything provocative enough to warrant a reaction from them, but I have in different websites like Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, etc. Thin-skinned, I tell you.

Tesseract

Banned
vigilance is a constant or things will collapse as all systems are inherently corruptible / time

balancing active hostility or opposition to bad ideas against everyday pleasantries takes effort and it's not always the kindest among us who push things forward

regardless, grats to staff and users alike for pathfinding onward w/o falling into traps or creating pockets in which users or ideas are insulated from rebuttal

the fire rises

Last edited:

Melon

Banned
I like that every time I log in I know things are going to be fun. Whether it be hosting Hunger Games or laughing at men with a higher estrogen count than me, I know GAF will always provide the quality content. Thanks for putting up with me for almost three years now, GAF. 💪

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
I like that every time I log in I know things are going to be fun. Whether it be hosting Hunger Games or laughing at men with a higher estrogen count than me, I know GAF will always provide the quality content. Thanks for putting up with me for almost three years now, GAF. 💪
Examples?

Melon

Banned
Examples?

nush

Gold Member

I never clicked on that face and lms topic, looked like shitty clickbait. A quick look just now and it's actually the end of year 2020 Incelebration topic. I got some LOLs and pity parties to get reading!

I like that its back to normal, no bait threads to get people banned for wrong speak which is how i caught 2 perm bans when bish was still around.

And I like that EviLore EviLore and the mods are more hands on now and do it without talking down their noses at you like old gaf or ree

Last edited:
Top Bottom