• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of Nintendo's current western line up?

It is as follows:

3DS
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – 18th March NA. 8th April EU.
- Hyrule Warriors Legends – 24th March EU. 25th March NA.
- Bravely Second: End Layer – 15th April NA.
- Mini Mario and Friends amiibo Challenge – 28th April NA.
- Yo-kai Watch – April 29th 2016 EU.
- Fire Emblem: Fates – 20th May EU.
- Kirby: Planet Robobot – 10th June.
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force – Summer EU, Late Spring NA.
- Disney Art Academy – 15th July EU. May 13th NA.
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Holiday.
- Dragon Quest VII – 2016.
- Dragon Quest VIII – 2016.
- Rhythm Paradise Megamix – 2016.
- Flipnote Studio 3D – “In the future.” EU.
- Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused? – TBD EU.

Wii U
- Pokkén Tournament – March 18th.
- Star Fox Zero – April 22nd.
- Star Fox Guard -- April 22nd.
- Mini Mario and Friends amiibo Challenge – 28th April NA.
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – 24th June.
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE – 24th June.
- Paper Mario: Color Splash – 2016.
- Zelda U -- 2016
- Project Giant Robot – TBD.

NX -- A dedicated video games platform.

Andriod and iOS
- Miitomo – March 2016.

Unknown Platform
- Pikmin 4 -- TBD.

Heavily Rumoured
- Zelda U (NX) – Not officially announced but heavily rumored. Rumored to launch with NX.
- Mother 3 (Wii U VC) – Not officially announced but heavily rumored.
- Great Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Duo (3DS eShop) – Localisation not announced.
- Style Savvy 3/New Style Boutique 2 (3DS) – Localisation not announced for NA.

Let me know if I've missed anything. A Nintendo game is one that is published by Nintendo. Pokémon GO is not listed as it is published by TPC. Pocket Card Jockey not listed as it is published by Game Freak. Pokémon Rumble World is not listed as has already been released in all territories digitally.

My thoughts:

Rumour has it that only one more retail Wii U game was to be announced. That seems to have been Paper Mario as most expected but I had hoped for a TTYD-esque Paper Mario as opposed to a SS-esque one. I hope this isn't true because that is a pretty terrible final first party line up for the Wii U. Only two games that I'm definitely buying. TMS #FE as I do like the look of it and it has had good reviews from Japan and Zelda U (unless as seems likely it also comes to NX). Star Fox limited edition and Pokkén are both possibilities, Star Fox depending on reviews and I might buy Pokkén on a whim. Haven't decided yet though I know I'm terrible at fighting games.

3DS lineup is much better than Wii U's 2016 although it has nothing on 3DS' 2012. Unlike Wii U, rumours state that there are still one or two more unannounced games for 2016 so it has the potential to get better. A new Pokemon is coming out and that always consumes my life for about a week and keeps me playing on and off all the way until the next one so that alone guarantees I'll be getting more out of my 3DS than Wii U this year. Additionally I'm interested in Fire Emblem, Kirby, Metroid (I think it looks great!), Rhythm Paradise and the Dragon Quests.

Pikmin 4 is an instabuy no matter what platform it is on for me. I'll probably download Miitomo but more out of curiosity about Nintendo's first mobile title than interest in it. I hope Detective Pikachu gets a localization but I have a feeling we'll be waiting a long time.

The lineup makes it pretty obvious that most of EPD's resources are on NX now. I'll buy NX (As I'm confident in Nintendo's ability to put out enough games that I'd like for it) as soon as it goes below £200. Launch buy if it has the following features:

- Region Free.
- Greater than or equal in power to PS4.
- Ability to use accounts on multiple systems simultaneously.
- Some type of Physical Medium still supported.

What are your thoughts?

SalvaPot

The 3DS offering is really impressive, specially for a last year in a handheld. Wii U is decent enough, at least much better than what we got with Wii.

Ibun Roku should be fantastic and I'm really excited for Star Fox and Zelda should be pretty hype. Nothing on the 3DS front outside of buying the other fire emblem games.
Looking forward more to NX's line up

BiggNife

I am pretty happy with that 3DS lineup. A real nice variety of quality looking games. I am super happy about Rhythm Heaven, which I was not expecting to get localized, and I'll gladly take a new Kirby. Still waiting on Picross 3D 2 and Detective Pikachu but I'm willing to bet those will be announced later. Also excited for Monster Hunter Generations, which I was not expecting to get localized until next year given MH4U.

Wii U's lineup is understandably kinda sparse considering we're getting close to that transitional phase where the Wii U is dying and the NX is coming. Still, definitely getting Pokken, and probably Starfox and #FE depending on reviews.

edit: Just noticed the OP is missing MH Generations.

Kind of Weak for me.

Only interested in Zelda U for wii u and FE:Fates and DQ8 for 3ds maybe yokai watch too.

Overall its a good showing for the 3ds and a meh for the wii u.

Nintendo 3DS: Way too many RPGs and localisations (and localisations of RPGs). Yesterday's announcement of a new Kirby was a huge relief for me since I am kid of experiencing a genre fatigue.

Wii U: You know what? I would have never imagined Nintendo will make something as major as Paper Mario for Wii U at this point. "Sticker Star 2" or not, it's obvious there is a plenty of resources went into its development, and that makes me happy. Throw in a pair of other games during this year's E3, and the wait for NX will be nice.

Kudo

Lots of games that look like garbage, few gems.
Wii U line-up is missing that Metroid and Zelda badly.

Zelda U is the only game I have any interest in playing. Pretty much done with my Wii U (put it up for sale this morning) and my 3DS might as well go along with it at this point.

Can't wait to learn what the NX is!

Out of that entire list, Zelda U and Pikmin 4 are the only things that interest me.

I think Nintendo and I are just going different directions.

stuminus3

I think it looks like an enjoyable line up of Nintendo games that I will enjoy playing on my Nintendo systems.

Highlights for me: Dragon Quest VII, and I can't wait to play Paper Mario with my kids.

Wish there was more info on whatever Pikmin 4 is going to be.

I'll probably be getting

Hyrule Warriors Legends
Bravely Second: End Layer (already have this)
Yo-kai Watch
Fire Emblem: Fates
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Pokémon Sun and Moon
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Rhythm Paradise Megamix
Pokkén Tournament
Star Fox Zero & Star Fox Guard SE
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Zelda U

Paper Mario: Color Splash & Federation Force have to prove themselves via review, I'm a bit iffy on those. Project Giant Robot too if that's even still a thing.

3DS lineup is great. Wii U lineup is pretty weak, but understandable if Console NX is out later this year.

Toxi

Banned
Monster Hunter Generations coming over is awesome. Must-buy.

It's hard to say anything about Pokemon Sun and Moon, but I'll probably be getting that.

Metroid Prime Federation Force really has to win my trust... But I'll definitely at least be trying out the demo, because it is Metroid.

Kirby Robobot is a maybe. The problem with mainline Kirby games is that they kinda feel repetitive, and while I liked Triple Deluxe a lot, I'm not sure I'm gonna buy Triple Deluxe 2 for 40 bucks.

I might check out Dragon Quest.

Overall a decent year for 3DS.

I will continue to ignore the Wii U.

I'll be buying the Monster Hunter Generations, DQs games and Kirby for 3DS for sure.
I'll also buy Starfox and #FE for Wii U.
Zelda and Pokemon Moon and Sun for NX
Believe!

We're in the familar spot where Nintendo is working on new hardware and has given its last fuck about the hardware it is currently selling.

I'm hoping that the NX generation will bring about some real change at Nintendo...but I'm not optimistic.

Drago

3DS: Definitely getting DQ7 and 8, Rhythm Heaven and Pokemon. Kirby and Metroid are maybes. These in addition to quite a few third party games like SEGA 3D Classic collection, Ace Attorney 6, ZTD, Monster Hunter and others. Really good lineup overall.

Wii U: Pokken, Star Fox and Zelda are locks, as well as Mother 3 if the rumors are true. #FE is a maybe. Paper Mario depends on how it looks in future trailers, not liking it so far but I'm not gonna write it off yet.

Strong year for 3DS, ok year for WiiU. Zelda NX is basically confirmed now so there's only 2 games I fully intend on buying for WiiU this year in addition to TPHD with two maybes... definitely ready for NX to come out.

impact

Banned
The only interesting part of that lineup is the NX

I've already owned and sold both Wii U and 3DS and nothing there strikes me as must play. I wanna see the next generation of Nintendo hardware, hopefully they're not anywhere near as bad as the current gen.

HYDE

Banned
I think it is not for me, not a single game I am interested in until Zelda or anything NX related. Splatoon updates and 3DS SNES VC is neat, but sold my 3DS a couple years ago.
So, I am interested to see their next system(s) to say the least.

I think it's indicative of a massive resource shift to new consoles.

Will be getting Star Fox, Paper Mario, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and Pokemon games though. Will also be there day 1 for NX, Zelda, and any other launch titles.

It says Nintendo better have some real bombs planned for NX cuz I've turned on my Wii U since the last MK8 DLC and it looks like that won't be changing any time soon.

Very happy with the 3ds line up, but with the Wii u line up all I'm interested in is Star Fox and Zelda (which I'll get on NX of it comes out there).

It's a bummer because I could have been interested in Paper Mario and SMTxFE but they really dropped the ball on those, for me.

collige

Banned
Wii U is pretty weak. All they have is #FE and Zelda. I have little faith in Star Fox or Paper Mario being good.

Wii U list is pretty rough, but it's to be expected with a dying console. Still hyped for Zelda U, Star Fox Zero, and possibly Paper Mario and Pokken depending on feedback once they're released.

Arzehn

Dragon Quest VII is the only one I want for sure from that list. I like Zelda, but the whole open world thing makes me wary. Everything else I can pass on pretty easily.

jahasaja

I am hyped for Starfox and MHG the rest I have zero interest in. (I will get Zelda on the NX)

3DS looks amazing this year if you are into JRPGs however I am not.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's adequate considering their best teams moved to NX hardware years ago. In fact I'd say it's much better than the last year of the GameCube and Wii.

The 3DS looks like it could have an under the radar great year while the Wii U looks like it's dying - which it is.

The real question is if the NX does launch this year, what games will it have and will it have appeal outside of the hardcore Nintendo fanbase that will buy the console regardless?

Griss

Very poor and very little of it interests me.

That said, I thought the 3DS would have a far worse year than that, so I'm still impressed, in a fashion.

Keyouta

On 3DS I'll be getting Pokemon and Dragon Quest, so it's not that great for me. The only Wii U title I'm getting is #FE, as it looks like Zelda will launch cross-platform on the NX.

As far as official Wii U/3DS releases go, I'm only really looking forward to Zelda U and maybe Star Fox and Kirby.

It's a weak lineup for sure, but it's about what I expected and I'm ready to move onto NX. That, and Zelda, is what has me excited.

Jawmuncher

3DS is doing fine as always. WiiU is fucking rough right now though. I see myself buying two of those titles and that's it (Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Zelda U, already got TP:HD). Hopefully the NX has a nice diverse launch.

CrisKre

In my opinion and given this is a transitional perior until NX, its quite an outstanding output.

Ill get:

3DS

- Kirby: Planet Robobot – 10th June. looks sweet
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force – Summer EU, Late Spring NA.will consider depending reception
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Holiday.if there is an NX version I´ll get that, if not 3ds
- Dragon Quest VII – 2016.yes please
- Dragon Quest VIII – 2016.yes please
- Rhythm Paradise Megamix – 2016.hell yes

Wii U

- Star Fox Zero – April 22nd. can´t fucking wait!
- Star Fox Guard -- April 22nd. see above
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE – 24th June. GOTY in Japan as per Dengeki, will play
- Paper Mario: Color Splash – 2016.Loved Sticker Star, looks sublime
- Zelda U -- 2016 if there is an NX version I´ll get that, if not day 1 wii u

This is for me much better than other transitional years in Nintendo´s history, and it doesn´t even have games like MH Generations and Ace attourney that I will for sure be getting.
This is gonna be a busy (and expensive) year if you add the Ps4 games I´ll be playing and NX launch.

MilesTeg

Banned
I'm convinced that Pikmin is being held off for NX. Paper Mario being released is because Nintendo has no faith in the title (look at how it was revealed) or its tied too heavily to the gamepad. Or, they are lying and the game will be moved to NX like Super Paper Mario back in the GCN to Wii transition. After all it does have an ambiguous "2016" release date.

Phu

Banned
Pokemon and #FE are the only definite buys for me. Never played much Dragon Quest or Star Fox but they're interesting and I may decide to pick them up down the line, same with Kirby [except I've played a decent amount of Kirby]. Paper Mario shoulda/coulda been at the very top of my list but it's got a ton to prove before I consider it.

Sooo.....not a whole lot interesting coming from Nintendo, but to be fair, I'm not seeing a whole lot from anyone else.

Top Bottom