• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think Trump's chances are of reversing the election decision?

How likely is Trump's legal challenge to succeed?

• Highly unlikely (0-24%)

Votes: 197 65.4%
  • Unlikely (25-49%)

Votes: 38 12.6%
  • Even (50%)

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Likely (51-75%)

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • Highly Likely (76-100%)

Votes: 24 8.0%

• Total voters

hyperbertha

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2018
Can you point the source of that information? Because everyone I personally know likes Trump.

He is only hated by the same people who hate him in America. Various twitter snowflakes and people who's corrupt dealings were negatively affected.
Actually there are a lot of NPCs in faraway countries that hate him because CNN told them to. Remember most people outside US only have access to left wing perspective unless they go out of their way to dig.

JordanN

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
50% chance.

I've always rationalized that even if mass fraud is proven without any doubt, he has to be gentle with this information in case it outright turns into civil war from those who can't handle it.

Remember Coronavirus? Trump was right about stopping the planes coming from China, yet the Democrats still argued that unlimited travel must never be disrupted. It doesn't matter if Trump actually does the right thing, there will always be people who want to bring him down because they can't take "no" for an answer.

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
50% chance.

I've always rationalized that even if mass fraud is proven without any doubt, he has to be gentle with this information in case it outright turns into civil war from those who can't handle it.

Remember Coronavirus? Trump was right about stopping the planes coming from China, yet the Democrats still argued that unlimited travel must never be disrupted. It doesn't matter if Trump actually does the right thing, there will always be people who want to bring him down because they can't take "no" for an answer.
that’s where the EO comes in and Insurrection Act.

it’s a very dangerous time right now. I wager this will end in mass arrests of one side or the other — unless maybe Trump let’s them deal their way out of prison.

Reactions: Whataborman

Kreios

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
honestly, I have no idea. I think Powell raises the chance of it happening, but courts haven't exactly cared about corruption before. Just look up Sharyl Attkisson and what happened to her

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

JordanN

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario

it’s a very dangerous time right now. I wager this will end in mass arrests of one side or the other — unless maybe Trump let’s them deal their way out of prison.
Honestly, I think it's going to get worse than that.

Remember why we even have Trump at all. He's anti-establishment, he's pro-USA. If Trump is gone, it leaves Brazil (Bolsonaro) as the only major Conservative leader in the Americas.

Trump right now represents the last of his kind. If he succeeds, the establishment will be furious that their plans are being delayed.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
I don’t think people are realizing the import of the news conference today. The Executive federal government is accusing political opponents of Treason to overthrow the lawful government with help from foreign influence. Not sedition, Treason, which carries a possible death Penalty.

While I think Trump would rather work this through the Courts, I also do not think he will hesitate to execute his 2018 Executive Order against Foreign Interference in Elections.

This would result in mass arrests of Democrats, shut down of MSM under propaganda clauses in the EO, and probably tanks in front of the White House and nat guard in every state as the country convulses in riots. The election will most certainly be annulled for national security, and 12th Amendment invoked with the States voting in the House for the Presidency. Only the SC can countermand that EO.
There are multiple paths to achieve this goal. Most are concerned with the legal route and aren’t paying attention to the fact that they have walked into a trap Of which there is no escape.

Reactions: Liberty4all

benjipwns

Jul 11, 2007
I don’t think people are realizing the import of the news conference today. The Executive federal government is accusing political opponents of Treason to overthrow the lawful government with help from foreign influence. Not sedition, TREASON, which carries a possible death Penalty. disclaimer: my opinion based on wording. Either way it is certainly a sedition or treason charge if the accusations are proven true.

While I think Trump would rather work this through the Courts, I also do not think he will hesitate to execute his 2018 Executive Order against Foreign Interference in Elections.

This would result in mass arrests of Democrats, shut down of MSM under propaganda clauses in the EO, and probably tanks in front of the White House and nat guard in every state as the country convulses in riots. The election will most certainly be annulled for national security, and 12th Amendment invoked with the States voting in the House for the Presidency. Only the SC can countermand that EO.

lmao

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
Trump will win the Republican primary
lmao
Trump will win the Presidency
lmao
Trump will be vindicated on these charges of Russian Collusion
lmao
Trump will beat the Impeachment charges
lmao
Trump will get multiple Supreme Court Picks
lmao
Trump will prove the election fraud charges and be re-elected as President ....
lmao <————- you are here

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
What's more likely to spark a civil war? Revealing mass election fraud and fixing it, or people knowing it exists but also knowing that there is nothing they can do about it?

I think revealing it and fixing it is the safest route, personally.

I wager this will end in mass arrests of one side or the other — unless maybe Trump let’s them deal their way out of prison.
I can see a deal wherein there's a pardon if those involved fully, publicly admit their wrongdoing, effectively ending the democrats as we know them.

benjipwns

Jul 11, 2007
Trump will win the Republican primary
lmao
Trump will win the Presidency
lmao
Trump will be vindicated on these charges of Russian Collusion
lmao
Trump will beat the Impeachment charges
lmao
Trump will get multiple Supreme Court Picks
lmao
Trump will prove the election fraud charges and be re-elected as President ....
lmao <————- you are here
lmao at thinking I'd fall for half of these

Go look at who started the TRUMP 2016 thread on NeoGAF.com buddy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Liberty4all

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
lmao at thinking I'd fall for half of these

Go look at who started the TRUMP 2016 thread on NeoGAF.com buddy!
ok fair enough. Asking honestly, what makes you lmao then at use of his 2018 EO? They even alluded to the 12th Amendment today in the news conference saying “The Constituion has previsions for a situation like this”. They said multiple times the election fraud constitutes a national security threat as well.

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
I was "lmao" at nothing regarding Trump/the election/fraud/etc., but your fan fiction about a Trump military dictatorship that trashes the rule of law and arrests its political enemies as the next step of trying to stop an election they lost.
Following The Constitution trashes rule of law? The 12th Amendment exists for a reason.

The 2018 Executive Order against Foreign Election Inference is clear as well. Just because you say they lost doesn’t make it so if the fraud took place — fraud they are saying they will prove in court.

Which is preferable to you - Biden takes the Presidency in an election he cheated to win? Or temporary military intervention to save the Republic from such a travesty?

Reactions: MightySquirrel

spootime

Jul 27, 2007
Following The Constitution trashes rule of law? The 12th Amendment exists for a reason.

The 2018 Executive Order against Foreign Election Inference is clear as well. Just because you say they lost doesn’t make it so if the fraud took place — fraud they are saying they will prove in court.

Which is preferable to you - Biden takes the Presidency in an election he cheated to win? Or temporary military intervention to save the Republic from such a travesty?
Is there an option C where evidence is presented to a court? I realize that is difficult considering the lack of evidence.

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
Is there an option C where evidence is presented to a court? I realize that is difficult considering the lack of evidence.
i expect one way or the other this will fast track its way to the Supreme Court. The certifications are already happening aren’t they? I think somebody said on Monday a majority certify Biden making him legally President Elect ....

spootime

Jul 27, 2007
i expect one way or the other this will fast track its way to the Supreme Court. The certifications are already happening aren’t they? I think somebody said on Monday a majority certify Biden making him legally President Elect ....
Yes Georgia will certify tomorrow. Trump attorneys filed an injunction today to block it but it's already been denied by a Trump appointed Judge.

Keep in mind that all the stuff you hear at these press conferences is not included in the complaints because his attorneys know they would be sanctioned and/or lose their licenses.

• Thoughtful

benjipwns

Jul 11, 2007

Imposing a military takeover is not following the Constitution. Nowhere does the President have the power to personally declare war on the American people to keep himself in office.

Biden peacefully assuming the presidency he won through fraud is absolutely the preferable solution to a domestic "military intervention" that will certainly last indefinitely. Starting a wartime police state or actual outbreak of war will not save the Republic but probably be the thing to end it.

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013
If there was real evidence of it, it likely would not be made public prior to its day in court. At least not all of it.
Evidence needs to be presented to make an argument for a case. Pretty much every case has been thrown out due to lack of any ground to stand on. If there was any actual evidence, the lawyers would have presented it and the case would actually move forward. No one would hang on to secret evidence for the day of if it meant that without it, no case would be had.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Imposing a military takeover is not following the Constitution. Nowhere does the President have the power to personally declare war on the American people to keep himself in office.

Biden peacefully assuming the presidency he won through fraud is absolutely the preferable solution to a domestic "military intervention" that will certainly last indefinitely. Starting a wartime police state or actual outbreak of war will not save the Republic but probably be the thing to end it.
Right, at a certain point you gotta move on to the impeachment process or whatever, Trump can't just hold on to power when the rule of law says no, just because he truly believes he will be proven right at some point.

Badenergytroll

Aug 28, 2007

benjipwns

Jul 11, 2007
Right, at a certain point you gotta move on to the impeachment process or whatever, Trump can't just hold on to power when the rule of law says no, just because he truly believes he will be proven right at some point.
We don't even necessarily have to accept Biden becoming President if we don't want to. Let's assume the fraud DOES come out and it's obvious, like they totally stole half these states, but it's before January. Just because the electors elections have been certified doesn't mean the Senate will accept the electors, it doesn't even mean the electors will necessarily stay faithful. Biden himself might concede the election and press them to overturn it. These are all peaceful, lawful ways to change the outcome and let Trump have another four years.

Going straight to any kind of police state takeover where we start arresting political opponents is definitely the sign of a failed system. Especially doing it purely on the order of an executive who by at least most accounts has lost his mandate to stay in office.

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007

I guess we don’t agree. Letting somebody possibly in the pocket of foreign enemies cheat their way into the Presidency makes a mockery of the people’s right to choose And the DUTY of the current President to protect that right.

The state also has laws to prevent this from the 2018 EO, to the Insurrection Act , all of which authorize limited military involvement to save the country from enemies both domestic and foreign.

Assuming they did cheat it’s not like the Democrats will just roll over at this point. And neither should the Republicans.

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
We don't even necessarily have to accept Biden becoming President if we don't want to. Let's assume the fraud DOES come out and it's obvious, like they totally stole half these states, but it's before January. Just because the electors elections have been certified doesn't mean the Senate will accept the electors, it doesn't even mean the electors will necessarily stay faithful. Biden himself might concede the election and press them to overturn it. These are all peaceful, lawful ways to change the outcome and let Trump have another four years.

Going straight to any kind of police state takeover where we start arresting political opponents is definitely the sign of a failed system. Especially doing it purely on the order of an executive who by at least most accounts has lost his mandate to stay in office.
assuming the fraud is real, they have proof, with direct involvement of the Democrat Party, it is naive to not assume the military will eventually have to get involved. How do you arrest them otherwise?

I do believe that Team Trump will attempt every other measure before jumping to the EO.

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013
I don't know but I urge all Americans if they see a Biden supporter in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station; you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome.
Yes, lets physically harass and intimidate any other American who doesn't vote for the old man that plays on your team. That sounds like the best way to go about things.
What's more likely to spark a civil war? Revealing mass election fraud and fixing it, or people knowing it exists but also knowing that there is nothing they can do about it?

I think revealing it and fixing it is the safest route, personally.

I can see a deal wherein there's a pardon if those involved fully, publicly admit their wrongdoing, effectively ending the democrats as we know them.
Only a small percentage of "special" people actually believe this is mass voter fraud.

benjipwns

Jul 11, 2007
assuming the fraud is real, they have proof, with direct involvement of the Democrat Party, it is naive to not assume the military will eventually have to get involved. How do you arrest them otherwise?
Law enforcement agencies. Like the police, the FBI, etc.

If you have to turn to the military in order to arrest civilians then the Republic has failed.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
Law enforcement agencies. Like the police, the FBI, etc.

If you have to turn to the military in order to arrest civilians then the Republic has failed.
Well we agree it would be infinitely more preferable to be done through LEO. The military does have a duty to protect the Republic from Domestic enemies too.

I get what you mean though

Last edited:

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
I do believe that Team Trump will attempt every other measure before jumping to the EO.

Consider the EO the "nuclear option." It's the last resort and available only if Team Trump has irrefutable proof of widespread (i.e. multi-state) fraud.

I do think he has proof of fraud and if President Trump can't find a road to victory through the courts, I hope he exercises the EO option.

Kreios

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
Consider the EO the "nuclear option." It's the last resort and available only if Team Trump has irrefutable proof of widespread (i.e. multi-state) fraud.

I do think he has proof of fraud and if President Trump can't find a road to victory through the courts, I hope he exercises the EO option.
Still no word on who got those german servers, but they did get seized

Warnen

Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead / Hey, there, there goes the Spider-Man
Sep 24, 2005
Sea lab
Not gonna happen but he won’t give up. Why start acting like a President now?