• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think Trump's chances are of reversing the election decision?

How likely is Trump's legal challenge to succeed?

• Highly unlikely (0-24%)

Votes: 197 65.4%
  • Unlikely (25-49%)

Votes: 38 12.6%
  • Even (50%)

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Likely (51-75%)

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • Highly Likely (76-100%)

Votes: 24 8.0%

• Total voters

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
What I hope to see happen and what I think will happen are just two very different things.

If there is a level of power involved in rigging this election, then it's already done. Fighting it is unlikely to work, which is why I voted for it being unlikely to happen. People are getting threatened and bullied out of their testimonies already and there isn't even a court case yet.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
Nope. The entire media and establishment is in on the scam. The boomer conservatives are the "be polite, be patriotic, we'll get them next time" types. The left never returns that favor, but they will still die on the hill of bourgeois respectability.

The erroneous assumption you all are making is that the OTHER elections in the past were on the up and up and this is some sort of aberration. They have ALL been rigged.

oatmeal

Jun 17, 2007

Is this fake news?!:messenger_dizzy::messenger_dizzy::messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns:
first paragraph:

“President Donald Trump told an ally that he knows he lost, but that he is delaying the transition process and is aggressively trying to sow doubt about the election results in order to get back at Democrats for questioning the legitimacy of his own election in 2016, especially with the Russia investigation, a source familiar with the President's thinking told CNN on Thursday.”

Yes. This is fake news.

AppleBlade

Formerly 'MrVargas'
Dec 6, 2008
Connecticut
Less than 1%. There was no large scale fraud that took place. A conspiracy of that size is not feasibly possible because it requires too many people to be unselfish and keep things under wrap and I don't have that much faith in people. A single person who has any information about large scale voter fraud would be instantly made a celebrity. It's the same reason why the moon landing being faked or 9/11 being an inside job are all bogus. There are too many people that would have to be "in" on the conspiracy.

Svengoolie007

Dec 22, 2019
We have mountains of evidence that the whole thing was rigged by the left. At this point, everyone should be aligned. I know you hate the bad orange man, but democracy is at stake. It's not about Trump at all. Do you want elections to mean anything? We need to expose the criminals at the center of this and make an example of them.

Oct 26, 2018
He needs all these investigations and vote debunking to overturn 3 decently sized states to win. And since everyone is focusing on the battleground close ones, he'll need GA, PA and any third one to do it.

I don't see it.

But with all the smoke, I do see some fraudulent stories being true. We've already seen many mistakes, GA missed 3000 votes during recount etc.... kinds of things. None of these have been big enough to swing a close state, but without everyone watching, I don't think anyone would have known, nor noticed. If Trump wasn't making such a big deal and people trying to get as many inaccurate tallies told on social media.

As for fraud claims, I'm simply going to go on numbers. There's so many people willing to state their name and show their face saying there's fraud, I have a hard time believing they are all faking it and willing to be outed as a liar in public view.

Something will stick.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Jun 6, 2004
texas
Like less than .1%

It was a pipe dream for people that didn't understand that fraud affects votes by the hundreds (locally) and there is probably some of it on both sides.

Reactions: Haribokart

Raonak

Aug 19, 2010
New Zealand
dreammodule.com
It's over.

This is the equivalent of losing a game then blaming the refs.

The reason I don't think anything will change is because it would set the precedent for any future election loss to be painted as fraudulent.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019
I think his chances have nothing to do with level of fraud or provability of fraud. They have to do with our system's corruption and considering a corrupt system such as ours allowed Biden to steal the election I don't expect another part of the system (the courts) to be less corrupt and overturn that. Happy to be proven wrong.

Lanrutcon

Feb 19, 2014
Irrelevant
The reason I don't think anything will change is because it would set the precedent for any future election loss to be painted as fraudulent.
Or, if nothing changes, that any future election win be painted as fraudulent.

The doubt of legitimacy has already been raised. If it's left to persist all future elections will be painted as suspect, regardless of who wins or loses. In order for democracy to win each and every allegation needs to be addressed and firmly disproven. People sticking their heads in the sand because their candidate won is just as bad as any fake calls of fraud from the losing side.

If one side is allowed to steal the election this time and people let it happen, then lads: no-one gets to complain when that shit becomes commonplace. You kick the cornerstones of democracy and the repercussions affect everyone.

Last edited:

Nehezir

Sep 2, 2020
I think it's unlikely due to the quantity of detectable fraudulent votes. Never enough in one place being the issue. Dig deep enough and there's likely enough per state to turn it.

But they won't find them all in time.

• LOL

Bobnob

Jun 8, 2013
That pesky electorate getting in the way
Yea Dead people and people who didnt bother to vote or voted and had their vote changed by a faulty system "the electorate". If what we're hearing is true.

What ever happens Trump done well considering the media and big tech is against him.

Biden is senile btw, democrats should be done for elderly abuse.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Jul 1, 2009
Greensboro, NC
It's over.

This is the equivalent of losing a game then blaming the refs.

the left thinks Bush stole the election from Gore and that Russia hacked the 2016 election for Trump. Now there’s this, we’re guaranteed a shit show every time going forward.

people live in their own bubbles and watch their own news. Each president will be seen as the downfall of America for tens of millions on the other side.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
The accusations, if true, will tear this country apart. The question is, will the courts do what's right or take the easy path and let the cheaters get away with it for stability reasons?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Liberty4all

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
Yea Dead people and people who didnt bother to vote or voted and had their vote changed by a faulty system "the electorate". If what we're hearing is true.

What ever happens Trump done well considering the media and big tech is against him.

Biden is senile btw, democrats should be done for elderly abuse.
Please prove, before a court of law and not on Twitter, on Fox News or a random forum, that this happened...and that it happened in significant numbers to change the outcome.

Last edited:

Bobnob

Jun 8, 2013
Please prove, before a court of law and not on Twitter, on Fox News or a random forum, that this happened...and that it happened in significant numbers to change the outcome.
I dont have to prove anything, I'll leave that to the current administration who are saying these things happened. I'm like you and cant change the outcome.

Can you prove in a court of law that it didnt happen?

• LOL
Reactions: Guilhermegrg

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Then stop staying in 2 star hotels with potato dish networks you cuck. Everywhere I've been I've had CNN. Even third world countries.
It's usually CNN international from my experience, with content that doesn't perfectly align with the American flavor.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
Not happening. Can't wait for the shitshow to be over.

Would've been funny if Trump was re-elected but he wasn't so that's it.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Doesn't matter what happened, when you send out the court jester to fight your court battles you've already lost. They're going to lose most of their court battles and the ones they do win won't be enough to change the outcome of the election.

On the one hand it seems like a colossal waste of time and money. On the other hand if we don't fight this in court periodically it'll get worse.

And hey, let's imagine what would happen if somehow Trump managed to overturn the election as it currently stands. Now that'd be some epic chaos.

PanzerAzel

Oct 31, 2019
Less than 1%. There was no large scale fraud that took place. A conspiracy of that size is not feasibly possible because it requires too many people to be unselfish and keep things under wrap and I don't have that much faith in people. A single person who has any information about large scale voter fraud would be instantly made a celebrity. It's the same reason why the moon landing being faked or 9/11 being an inside job are all bogus. There are too many people that would have to be "in" on the conspiracy.
This is precisely why I don’t believe in conspiracies; it grants people far too much credit and fails to account for basic human nature in the collective.

This entire charade, this entire narrative of widespread fraud, has been predicated on both good (and bad) faith errors intrinsic to such a massive logistical undertaking as a national election, and is being construed and extrapolated into a narrative that Trump has sown for months now. It necessitates the belief of absolute faith in human nature unwarranted, and on that basis alone it should be heavily questioned.

There have been errors in this election, and there have been attempts at fraud (that have been caught before the ballots were counted, a testament to the integrity of our elections and a counter to its impugnment).....but nothing that will grant him vindication of a claim that has no basis in reality whatsoever proportional to the accusation made. It’s one thing to claim that our elections are imperfect, that’s expected. It’s quite another to assert it’s all being coordinated by Mr. McAlister in his Satan worshipping pedophile base in the Arctic pulling strings for those communist evil-dooer Deepstate Democrats who are taking a lesson from Chávez and a fat check from Soros. I’d expect more from Giuliani.

Trump is not taking this, at least not through legal venue. If he actually had a legitimate case, we’d have seen it by now, and it’s extremely obvious at this juncture they’re scrambling to try to grab at anything to throw at the wall and hope it sticks. I think at this point, it’s a fairly safe bet to say Trump understands he’s done, and is doing this for PR for a multitude of reasons....vanity, retribution for four years of proclamations of illegitimacy, using it as pretense for donations ultimately unrelated....perhaps another bid post four.

This will accomplish nothing so well as to hammer Trump’s legacy into the dirt. Vanity’s eventually forgotten, unfortunately the consequences of it will not be viewed so kindly in the years to come and the lives affected.