• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think will be Capcom's next move with the Mega Man franchise?

What game would you like to see next for Mega Man? (Multiple Choice Available)

• Mega Man Battle Network 7 (the GBA RPGs were awesome I need more of that)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mega Man Star Force 4 (the natural evolution of the Battle Networks was underrated I want them back)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pallas

Gold Member
I’d love for them to remaster or port MML series and finally make a sequel ...

But my expectation is some sort of mobile gacha game. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

*looks at your tag*

Ok. Whatever you say.

I stand by what I said. While I love the 2D games, I would like to see something new.

There were multiple things new and you didn't buy them. So you aren't getting squat anytime soon.

I would like another X game but with none of this lore nonsense. Sigma is back somehow however. X has gotta stop him. That's it.

So you want the original Mega Man since the whole point of the X series was lore.

After the success of Mega Man 11 I’m pretty sure Mega Man 12 is a given and Mega Man X9 is very likely, that’s all that I would expect from Capcom at this time.

Mega Man 11 only did a bit over 1 million, and while the gear system is unique the game itself was pretty safe. If they do anything with Mega Man in the future it's probably going to be another attempt to make a AA game again hoping it will sell based on the IP's current momentum.

Thing is an AA Mega Man game has never been successful. Maybe a Mega Man X 3D game with a mixture of X series gameplay and lost planet creating a safe but good TPS. Baby steps should be the current strategy until they make the Mega Man series more viable than it's ever been, then they can start trying to stick the frying pan to the ceiling.

Paltheos

So you want the original Mega Man since the whole point of the X series was lore.

?
No, the point of the X games was to run around and have a grand old time.
Mechanics and level design they're very different from the classic style games. The X games added a jump cancel to your dashes which retained your momentum and wall jumping. The extra speed in particular for the former resulted in long levels with more set pieces and fewer screen transitions, and the generally improved movement abilities allowed the designers to throw more at you at a time to fend off. They're very kinetic games, and that's why I like them.
Who gives a shit about lore? Really? This was crap added into later X games which are, I believe, a contributing factor as to why people fell off the series. If I'm playing Mega Man, I just want to boot up and go.
If you're really arguing lore... those first X games really don't have much more to them than the classic games.

The fact you think Mega Man 11 is an AA game is telling.

The series is still not one that makes much money or sells particularly well. An X series game would require a budget since nostalgia doesn't work as well with the X games as it does with the original games, and all the other series have basically been forgotten in time. The most we will get is a Zero, ZX, and BN collection and then we will see maybe another Mega Man 1 remake with a level creator.

They have an opportunity to make a large budget TPS with X but Capcom is moving it's budget titles to open-world and cinematic experiences so good luck with that.

Give zero @#$%& about this franchise, hope this turd 💩 🤭goes on to be an exclusive for Sonys.

?
No, the point of the X games was to run around and have a grand old time.

No the whole point of X, was to add more story to Mega Man and make the gameplay more complex since that would appeal more tot he audience that would play that type of game. The lore increases every entry in the franchise gradually which was the entire point.

I mean you're personal opinion is fine, as those who skip the text boxes in X5-X6, but the issue is that's still part of the game, they made the game world and designed based on the lore, so pretending like it doesn't matter not only handwaves a key part of the game, but it also slaps the developers in the face.

The fact you think lore was only added to latter X games is nonsense as it was there since the first game, where they introduced it in limited fashion first, then expanded it greatly in X2 and in X3. Heck, part of the plot is gives a reason why you even fight the X-hunters mid-level in some stages. Heck the intros of both games have a plot introduction during cinematic scenes.

you have no idea what I did or didn’t do. You are arrogant and unpleasant.

No, we have statistics, and you don't like them because you don't want to be wrong.

I am a massive Mega Man fan, but I also know that Mega Man 11's success is a unique outlier since the series generally sells very poorly, so we need to be careful what we wish for.

I would like to see ports of the PSP games and maybe a new sprite based X game. But not for nostalgia I want to see an X game with modern sprites. Taking advantage of today's technology.

But I wouldn't mind just having remasters of the PSP games, Powered up and MHX have aged like Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese so I would love those games touched up.

Animagic

Banned
No, we have statistics, and you don't like them because you don't want to be wrong.

Dude are you deranged? What the actual fuck are you talking about?
You’re the type of person who makes everyone uncomfortable and people slowly drift away from at gatherings. But hey, you’ll always be on the right side of an argument in your own mind, even if nobody is arguing with you.

Dude are you deranged? What the actual fuck are you talking about?
You’re the type of person who makes everyone uncomfortable and people slowly drift away from at gatherings. But hey, you’ll always be on the right side of an argument in your own mind, even if nobody is arguing with you.

Yet here you are continuing an argument that according to you doesn't exist.

Are you sure you aren't the one that's deranged? Might be why you haven't responded to any point and just make pointless posts attacking people.

Let's get back to reality: Most Mega Man fans didn't freaking by all those unique games so if you dislike having more side-scrollers you only have yourself to blame. This is also true for most who have similar opinions to yours.

Animagic

Banned
Yet here you are continuing an argument that according to you doesn't exist.

Are you sure you aren't the one that's deranged? Might be why you haven't responded to any point and just make pointless posts attacking people.

Let's get back to reality: Most Mega Man fans didn't freaking by all those unique games so if you dislike having more side-scrollers you only have yourself to blame. This is also true for most who have similar opinions to yours.

😂😂😂You truly deserve the tag:
*MENTAL GYMNASTICS GOLD MEDALIST*

Animagic

Banned
And still no response just random attacks off-topic.

Nothing left to see here. Buy Mega Man games next time and you'll get what you want.

source.gif

Last edited:

JohannCK

Recent interview regarding the Battle Network series:

Naked Lunch

There's really not much more they can do.
Releasing nearly the entire series in HD collections was a dream come true.
I didnt get all of the collections yet but im pretty sure they skipped the arcade Mega man fighting game - im pretty pissed about that one, unless it IS included on one of those collections and I missed it...

yurinka

I think that they will make Mega Man 12 and will release at least a couple of compilations more because Mega Man 11 and the recent compilations performed above their expectations.

Since two of them were Mega Man X compilations, we may also see Mega Man X9 somewhere in the future, I think it's pretty likely too.

Forget Legends 3, it's dead an buried. The most similar thing you may see is a compilation with Legends 1 & 2, Misadventures of Tronne Bonne and maybe some other related spinoff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom